“V. Good experience”

Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Stranraer
“V. Good experience”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Looked for accommodation in Glasgow at short notice and found here via online search. Got what I though was a good price! Very handy for SECC, Glasgow City centre.

The room was a triple, double bed and a single. The bed were comfortable, someone who is a bad sleeper, once over I was fine.

The only gripes I has were that I found the heating difficult to control! And the fan in the bathroom very noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hello Donmch,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Campanile Glasgow Airport. I'm of course delighted that we were able to offer you a good deal and provide everything you needed for a good night's sleep.

All of our bedroom air conditioning systems are guest controlled, however we have recently moved the instructions for operating these to the bedside table so that this is move evident for our guests and should hopefully make this easier to use. Please also bear in mind that our reception is 24 hours and we're available at any time to answer even the smallest question for you.

I do hope that when you next have the opportunity to stay in Glasgow you'll return to stay with us.

Kindest

glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 1 - 2 days a month for 3 years now and thought is was now time to write a reveiw. All I can say is Great Hotel, super staff, wonderful room and fabulous breakfast. The General Manager Thom will always do whatever he can to make your stay as comfortable as possible, Thank you.

Room Tip: Book the hotel direct you will receive best rate!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello Lsyrett,

The team and I are absolutely delighted to read your comments. It's fantastic to read your thoughts as a regular and we're glad that you continue to return to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Rothesay, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here on the 26th of October. It wasn't the first time but it will almost surely be the last. We found the reaction to our complaints was completely nonchalant. "The manager isn't here, there's nothing we can do".
I have since called to try and contact the manager but to no avail. So find myself posting here.

During our stay we found ourselves in a room which was incredibly warm due to I guess in part the non functioning air conditioner.
No big deal. We aren't the type to complain when looking for a cheap place to sleep after a night in the city.
However. The window being open led to us being constantly awoken by a group of drunk englishmen outside the main doors of the hotel at various points throughout the night.
We discovered they were on our floor when they begun banging on our door at 4.30am
Added to this, I assume the same people were responsible, in the middle of the night the room and hall was reeking of Marijuana.

So many times were we awoken through the night we ended up cancelling morning plans and checking out right on deadline just to catch up on sleep (which wasnt the greatest idea as we found last minute that the dispensers in the shower in our room hadnt been filled, thus we had nothing to wash with and had to leave at this point)

We were told at check out ,whilst being informed by a kid at the desk that there was nothing he could do, that we weren't the only ones to complain about this group of people throughout the night.

Typically this is where we stay when in the city. But they say you don't know the measure of a place until you see how they react to problems and I'm afraid the Campanile Glasgow Airports response to ours was absolutely pitiful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Christopher,

Whilst I greatly appreciate all constructive feedback for the hotel via this medium, I do feel I have to point out some inaccuracies in your review.

At no time did you report any issues with your air conditioning. In the past we have had issues with this system and have it monitored on a monthly basis and have found no faults in the past 6 months. If you had reported this to our reception team we would have been happy to have it looked at or move you to an alternative room.

I can assure you that there is a manger on duty at all time in the building, whom you did speak with on the day. I can also assure you that the entire management team are well equipped and experienced to do their job and have my full support as General Manager and your referral to my 25 year old Duty Manager as 'a kid' is simply inaccurate.

With regards to the guests who were vocal later on that evening in the hotel grounds whilst smoking, my team did speak with them and do everything within their power to stop the noise.

Furthermore, I have received no communication from you or any request made via any of my team with regards to the issues you experienced.

As a 103 bedroom hotel running 24/7 of course we encounter issues. The team at the hotel have proven time and again that they are customer service focussed as demonstrated by so many other reviews, and for this I am thankful to them.

Should you wish to discuss this matter with me further, my direct contact details are below.

0141 886 8081
manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Whenever I go on holiday and fly from Glasgow I normally stay at the Campanile. It is a bit misleading saying its at Glasgow airport as it is a fair wee drive away. I find the rooms comfortable, modern and clean - that is all I ask for when in need of some good sleep. Plus if you book in advance you can get a good deal.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello Mllmscl,

Many thanks for your review following your most recent stay at the hotel. I'm delighted that you've stayed with us a few times and hopefully will continue to do so.

We do try very hard to ensure that the hotel's location is as clear as possible for all who would book. The fact is, we are not at the airport, but within a proximity allowing travel by car along with motorway in under 10 minutes.

It's good to read that you find our rooms comfortable, and of course we will continue to offer discounts off our daily rates the further out you book to deliver the best value.

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Was at a gig at braehead arena and booked the campanile as close by. Great value as got a deal for £50, much cheaper than anywhere in area and was a clean and friendly hotel. Nice bar area and good food

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Charles_Sean,

Thank you for taking time to review your stop with us whilst attending a local gig.

I'm delighted that we've been able to offer you good value and a friendly service from the team.

With a lot more gigs planned at the Braehead Arena in the next year and of course at the fantastic new SSE Hydro just ten minutes away, I do hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon!

Dundee, Angus
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 12th October, checking out on Sunday 13th. The hotel was perfectly satisfactory in all aspects. Within 2 hours of leaving the hotel I discovered that I had left my brand new iphone5 charger in my bedroom. I phoned the hotel immediately and was assured it would be sent to me. Since then I have phoned every week to be told by a variety of staff that it would be dealt with/ had been posted. I tried to speak to a manager but all I could get was the 'duty' manager who was one of those who had promised me that it would dealt with. Shockingly poor service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HesterDundee_Angus
Hello HesterDundee,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your stay at the hotel.

I'm very glad that during your stay, all aspects were satisfactory for you.

I would like to address your point on the customer service of the team. Within 48 hours of you reporting to the hotel that you had left your property here, the reception team arranged for this to be posted. I have pointed out to them that they should have ensured this went recorded delivery and not normal first class with the hotel mail at our expense. Since then you have spoken with one of my Duty Managers (who is a manager) who investigated and lodged a query with the Royal Mail. After some time waiting for an answer from the Royal Mail service, the Duty Manager who dealt with you arranged for a second charger to be procured and sent to you, which I understand you have now received.

Whilst I am confident the team and the Manager who dealt with you have provided the necessary service, I do understand the inconvenience of having to wait for the item which you left. I have ensured that any and all lost property is now to be sent by recorded delivery as standard, which is a cost which we need to pass on unfortunately.

It's very disappointing that your rating of the hotel represents an issue which was partly out of the hotel's control and not your stay with us. Therefore I would be happy to have you return to the hotel as my guest for a complimentary night on a Bed & Breakfast basis in the hopes of restoring your faith. I have left my direct details below should you wish to take me up on this or if you wish to discuss the matter raised in more detail.

manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#60 of 93 in Glasgow
South Side
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
#12 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!