“Great hotel, close to shops and airport”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #58 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, close to shops and airport”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've stayed here twice. The rooms are spacious and staff are always friendly. Facilities are excellent. Breakfast is perhaps a bit overpriced, but you can always just hop over to the Braehead shopping centre and pick up something to eat there. It's a bit out the way for a city break in Glasgow if you don't have a car. For an airport stop-over it would be perfect as I believe bus services are close by and regular. Alternatively, the airport is close-by by car (about 10 mins) so a taxi probably would't cost too much. Those visiting the city with cars would have no trouble accessing the city from here as links to the motorway are close. On the plus side they accept pets and you're still given impeccable rooms. I think the max. is 1 dog, but we had 2 small terriers with us and this didn't seem to be a problem. Be sure to indicate this at the time of booking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hello HB2805,

Thank you so much for your great review. Lots of information which I believe is very useful for those who may be considering staying at the hotel.

Just to add to some of the information on your review, the airport bus (No. 747) leaves from just outside IKEA (adjacent to the hotel) and a taxi to the airport with the local firm we use is £7.40. We also do special parking deals for those with cars which is significantly cheaper than airport parking when you're leaving your car whilst away. Of course whilst you stay with us parking is free.

We did review our breakfast pricing this year and maintained it at £8.75. This is for the Continental buffet of bread, pastries, muffins, cereals, fruit, yogurt etc, and includes a full Scottish breakfast cooked to order. For most people this would seem to represent good value, however we always take care to listen to our guest feedback and are also now looking at doing a la carte pricing for breakfast to allow guests to pay individually when they only wish certain cooked items.

As you've mentioned, we accept pets at the hotel. The team are always delighted to receive guests with pets and we tend not to limit the number of pets per bedroom. We only charge an additional £5 per room for animals staying as we deep clean the bedroom following your departure to ensure no pet hairs in the room which future guests could be allergic to.

I do hope that we'll be welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Easy enough to find with GPS. Our room was clean although bedding was ripped and pillows were cheap and hard. The shower was OK and the room was quiet.
They didn´t serve food in the afternoon (dinner started at 6pm) which wasn't a major problem in itself however, at 4pm when we asked for help to find a place we were told and I quote "You´d be as well to just hang on and eat here. They usually open before 6 but mind you, they haven't been to Makro yet for the food." He then directed us to... Ikea!? Literally 100 years in front of the place is a Harvester type place which serves food all day - apparently there is a bit of animosity between both places.
After returning to the hotel in the evening after our concert at the Hydro - twenty minutes away via the motorway - I decided to have a night cap at the bar. They had run out of gin! Makro were perhaps waiting on an order arriving?
In the morning we had continental breakfast which consisted of, bread for toasting, butter, preserves, tinned fruit, croissants and cheap processed, sliced meats (no doubt Makro's finest!) The coffee machine was broken and when I asked about it, the chap went to get the duty manager but fifteen minutes later, still no-one had appeared and I had to go without. Hardly the best example of a continental breakfast. Not a good start to the day for a coffee fan.
If you're looking for a cheap place to stay and expect little in the way of service or quality then this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Lesley,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your thoughts on the hotel. I must say that I'm disappointed with your review and hope you appreciate from seeing other reviews on this site how high the customer service and standards are at the hotel.

Firstly, to point out a couple of inaccuracies in your review, we have an excellent relationship with The Steam Wheeler opposite the hotel. This has been a great addition to the area and a great choice for our guests staying with us. The entire team have all eaten here and enjoyed it, and we've even had the chance to hold meetings in here. Of course the team will recommend dinner in our own restaurant first and for guests who wish to get out, The Steam Wheeler is always recommended.

Secondly, the wholesaler which you have mentioned 3 times in your review is not a source of product at the hotel. Whilst I am sure of the quality of product provided by this wholesaler, we already have food and beverage suppliers which are local to the Greater Glasgow area. Whilst we do work with our suppliers to ensure we always have all items in stock, I'm sure you can appreciate that as a busy hotel we may experience sudden surges in sales for certain items (such as gin) which may lead to us running out of this until another order can be placed.

Your experience of the hotel was certainly not the norm and although you have stated that you would not return, I would of course be glad to discuss any of these matters with you further. For this I have left my direct details below and remain at your disposal.

0141 886 8081
manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Combined a business trip to Scotland with a trip to visit family and needed to break our journey overnight near Glasgow Airport. Searched online and got a great deal at the Campanile. Arrived late, had a drink and a very, very good nights sleep. The room was great, and the bed very comfy. Slight problem in the morning due to a very early start, couldn't get hot water in the bathroom, so staff ran a hot shower in an adjoining room for us! Brill!

Then had an excellent continental breakfast in the restaurant. Again, staff were excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again (if same deal available online!).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello David,

Thank you for taking time to review your stop-over with us. I'm very glad to hear that we provided a good night's sleep for you between business and seeing family. I do have to agree with you, I also find the beds extremely comfortable.

I'm pleased to see that the team were able to deal with the hot water issue for you effectively. We were made aware of a few issues with water temperature for a certain number of rooms in the hotel which I'm pleased to say we have remedied.

I hope we'll be welcoming you back again very soon, and please keep in mind that we can offer many of the great deals you see online, direct at the hotel!

Stranraer
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Looked for accommodation in Glasgow at short notice and found here via online search. Got what I though was a good price! Very handy for SECC, Glasgow City centre.

The room was a triple, double bed and a single. The bed were comfortable, someone who is a bad sleeper, once over I was fine.

The only gripes I has were that I found the heating difficult to control! And the fan in the bathroom very noisy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Donmch,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Campanile Glasgow Airport. I'm of course delighted that we were able to offer you a good deal and provide everything you needed for a good night's sleep.

All of our bedroom air conditioning systems are guest controlled, however we have recently moved the instructions for operating these to the bedside table so that this is move evident for our guests and should hopefully make this easier to use. Please also bear in mind that our reception is 24 hours and we're available at any time to answer even the smallest question for you.

I do hope that when you next have the opportunity to stay in Glasgow you'll return to stay with us.

United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 1 - 2 days a month for 3 years now and thought is was now time to write a reveiw. All I can say is Great Hotel, super staff, wonderful room and fabulous breakfast. The General Manager Thom will always do whatever he can to make your stay as comfortable as possible, Thank you.

Room Tip: Book the hotel direct you will receive best rate!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello Lsyrett,

The team and I are absolutely delighted to read your comments. It's fantastic to read your thoughts as a regular and we're glad that you continue to return to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Kindest,

Rothesay, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here on the 26th of October. It wasn't the first time but it will almost surely be the last. We found the reaction to our complaints was completely nonchalant. "The manager isn't here, there's nothing we can do".
I have since called to try and contact the manager but to no avail. So find myself posting here.

During our stay we found ourselves in a room which was incredibly warm due to I guess in part the non functioning air conditioner.
No big deal. We aren't the type to complain when looking for a cheap place to sleep after a night in the city.
However. The window being open led to us being constantly awoken by a group of drunk englishmen outside the main doors of the hotel at various points throughout the night.
We discovered they were on our floor when they begun banging on our door at 4.30am
Added to this, I assume the same people were responsible, in the middle of the night the room and hall was reeking of Marijuana.

So many times were we awoken through the night we ended up cancelling morning plans and checking out right on deadline just to catch up on sleep (which wasnt the greatest idea as we found last minute that the dispensers in the shower in our room hadnt been filled, thus we had nothing to wash with and had to leave at this point)

We were told at check out ,whilst being informed by a kid at the desk that there was nothing he could do, that we weren't the only ones to complain about this group of people throughout the night.

Typically this is where we stay when in the city. But they say you don't know the measure of a place until you see how they react to problems and I'm afraid the Campanile Glasgow Airports response to ours was absolutely pitiful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Christopher,

Whilst I greatly appreciate all constructive feedback for the hotel via this medium, I do feel I have to point out some inaccuracies in your review.

At no time did you report any issues with your air conditioning. In the past we have had issues with this system and have it monitored on a monthly basis and have found no faults in the past 6 months. If you had reported this to our reception team we would have been happy to have it looked at or move you to an alternative room.

I can assure you that there is a manger on duty at all time in the building, whom you did speak with on the day. I can also assure you that the entire management team are well equipped and experienced to do their job and have my full support as General Manager and your referral to my 25 year old Duty Manager as 'a kid' is simply inaccurate.

With regards to the guests who were vocal later on that evening in the hotel grounds whilst smoking, my team did speak with them and do everything within their power to stop the noise.

Furthermore, I have received no communication from you or any request made via any of my team with regards to the issues you experienced.

As a 103 bedroom hotel running 24/7 of course we encounter issues. The team at the hotel have proven time and again that they are customer service focussed as demonstrated by so many other reviews, and for this I am thankful to them.

Should you wish to discuss this matter with me further, my direct contact details are below.

Kindest,

0141 886 8081
manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#61 of 96 in Glasgow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews
Kings Park Hotel
#81 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!