“Not Bad Hotel”

Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Not Bad Hotel”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stay in this Hotel Regularly on Business.
Pros - Clean and Spacious Rooms. Friendly Staff . Good location .

Cons - Very small TV for the size of rooms and no iron board or iron in rooms and when you request iron they ask you to come down and collect at reception (which is a bit strange). Wifi is very slow at times which is annoying for work purposes.

Overall its value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Topman,

Thank you for your review and thank you for regularly choosing to stay with us when on business.

Thank you for highlighting the 'pros' of the hotel. Cleanliness, comfort and friendliness is certainly our priority as an economy hotel, and I'm pleased you found this.

Now let me address some of the 'cons' you have experiences. We are systematically replacing televisions throughout the hotel and so far this year have replaced around 65%. We hope to have this complete by the end of the year.

We also tend to work with minimal staffing on, which helps make sure our room rates stay very competitive for the area. Therefore like many economy hotels, guests collect irons and boards from the main reception. However, please feel free to call us on your day of arrival or let us know when booking and we'll have housekeeping place an iron and board into your room during the day for your arrival.

With regards to the slow wi-fi you have experienced, this is not the first comment we have had regarding this over the last 6 months or so. Although the hotel has always run a very high occupancy, we believe that so many guests travelling now with multiple devices (laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc) is placing higher demand on the system. I am therefore receiving quotes at the moment to completely upgrade the system at the hotel. I hope to have this done within the next two months and all Wi-Fi will remain free at the hotel. In the meantime, if you have important work to get done, please let us know and we will allocate you a room close to a booster. This is obviously a temporary fix, but should ensure that the problems we are working on have less impact on your stay with us.

If you would like to discuss anything further, please do contact me directly on the details below and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

0141 886 1347
manager.glasgowairport@campanile.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the way to Acharacle from yorkshire and was pleasantly surprised. Huge room, comfy beds, pleasant staff, really quiet I would really recommend and will use again on our next trip. Close enough to the airport, near a supermarket, seriously for a stopover what more do you want ? Can't comment on breakfast as we left too early but if the whole experience is anything to go by I can't imagine it will be disappointing

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Hellichops,

Great to read your review and thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stop with us and hope the rest of your trip was as pleasant!

When you do come back to stay with us, remember that just past the supermarket there is an entire retail park and shopping mall, plus a leisure facility which includes an indoor ski slope, climbing wall, restaurants, etc. There's always plenty to do at Braehead and as you mentioned close enough to the airport without the noise.

I hope next time you get to enjoy breakfast, however if you are leaving early let the front desk team know and our night manager can sort some continental breakfast for you!

Hope to see you again soon!

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for one night after colourfest. Very clean hotel and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and loved the fact we got a late check out (13:00) free of charge. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Stacey,

Thank you for your review and I do hope you enjoyed Colourfest! I'm delighted that you've found the hotel clean, comfortable and friendly as this is exactly what we aim to be, and have shared your comments with the team.

As Colourfest is an annual event, I hope you won't leave it another year before coming back to stay with us. There's always plenty to do around Braehead, and we're a 10 minute drive to the airport and city centre!

Hope to see you soon!

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I think my title says it all.. this Hotel was perfect for my overnighter while working in Glasgow.

My room and ensuite were very clean, the accomodation was comfortable and spacious. However I did have one minor issue with the room. The pillows! They were much too thin for my liking, and I had a bit of a restless night wrestling with them... which had the knock on effect of the bed rolling away from the wall as the pillows disappeared between the bed and the wall (headboard!).

The menu for evening meals in the restaurant is a little basic, but the food was tasty, well presented and well prepared! Aside from the fact I burnt myself on the 'sizzler' plate.. I hate those things!

The breakfast was lovely, having taken the option for a 'Full Scottish' over and above the included 'Continental'.. how anyone sets themselves up for the day with a Croissant and an Apricot I've no idea!

The front of house staff were all friendly and attentive, while the housekeeping staff clearly take some pride in their work... don't let standards slip guys like happens in so many other hotels!

Would I recommend?.. Yes I would!
Would I stay again?.. Yes I would!

One thing I would say however, while this is a fine hotel.. not all Campanile Hotels are equal unfortunately.. on the back of staying here I recently stayed at another Campanile; which had I stayed at previously I would have flat out refused to stay at Glasgow.

Hello Swampeh,

I'm delighted to read your review of your stay, and thank you for being so thorough in your comments as this really helps us maintain a good standard for our guests.

This year, we have been re-stocking our pillows at the hotel to ensure guest comfort. All of our rooms have beds made with a single pillow in each sleeping space and a further two pillows wrapped in the wardrobe for those who need this. Reception can also be contacted 24 hours a day and are happy to change over pillows if the need arises.

I also want to thank you for your comments on the team, especially the housekeeping team, and have shared your comments with them. Over the years of working in many hotels I have never had such fortune to work with an entire housekeeping team which have, and show, such pride in their hotel. They have my gratitude, however it's always great for them to hear this from our guests.

I hope we'll be welcoming you back again very soon!

Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want a hotel that's convenient for Glasgow airport at a bargain price this is the place for you. It is well signed off the M8, and only 5 minutes' drive from junction 25A. Rooms are spacious and the double glazing in mine worked pretty well to blank out both aircraft and motorway noise.
They have their own restaurant, which is a standard fare, budget price one offering quick service at all hours. The continental breakfast was both generous and excellent value. Yes I had some quibbles, especially with the bathroom, which only had very basic provision - just liquid soap dispenser and a towel. Also the shower control tap fell off when the water was scalding hot and the extractor fan wasn't working. I guess "Health & Safety" might take a dim view. The evening meal wasn't great. But overall remember that this is basically a quick stop hotel offering very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the M8 are quieter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Oboeman,

Thanks for the review, nice too see you enjoyed your stay.

We have great sound proofing in our rooms here at Campanile GA, meaning you don't have to worry about the outside noise throughout the hotel. We also have a vast selection in our continental buffet for you to get tore into and at the great value you mentioned, it's a steal. Our restaurant menu is designed for people looking to get a decent meal without the restaurant waiting time. If you had fancied a more hearty, home made option we have a weekly chef's special's menu you could have tried for folk's who have a bit more time on their hands.

As I'm sure you and most people know, thing's can break from time to time and we have a maintenance department who handle these things on a daily basis. I'm not sure if these faults were reported at the time? but I can assure you we do not take a 'dim view' towards health and safety and if brought to our attention, would have been handled very promptly indeed.

Campanile as a brand do not not provide hand towels in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint as well as providing liquid soap and shampoo rather than bars and bottles to be wasted day to day. However, we do keep a small amount in stock for those who specifically request them.

We hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Owen Gibson.
Mayfield, Dalkeith
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed her for 4 nights for buisness. Check in was easy and I was given a ground floor room. Normally, a female on her own would be given a high floor but I got room 5. Very clean and spacious but really really cold! The room didnt get warm at all. Very noisey when the bar area was busy. Confy bed but the pillows are very soft.

Staff are really friendly and the food is excellent.

Perfect location for my needs, would stay again.

Room Tip: high floor lone female travellers.
1 Thank Jambo-TL
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi Jambo,

Thanks for the review.

Normally we operate a lone traveller policy here at Campanile GA. I would ask that you contact the hotel direct (0141 886 1347) to discuss as this is something that raises concern that I would like to prevent happening again.

We have air conditioning/heating systems in all of our rooms which are guest controlled and have shown no recent faults. We have had our maintenance team take a look at the room you were in to make sure everything is in working order.

Our beds are dangerously comfy I know, it's like getting a big hug when you lay down. I have also passed on your nice comments about the team, who work hard every day to maintain our high standards.

Hope to see you again soon.

Owen Gibson
Tarbert, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

stayed here for two nights as a base for a bit of R&R...Double room ,was huge,superkingsize bed,with 2 pull out beds underneath,plenty room to sleep 4 adults very comfortably,AC was working well..large walk-in shower with fantastic adjustable powerhead and a seat in cubicle,more than enough room for two...lol,Room was spotlessly clean,with complimentary tea & coffee,Breakfast was all you can eat continental style or you can have a full Scottish for and additional fee,no complaints on the food front either,although we did eat out,but only because we were booked elsewhere,the Hotel menu had a good and varied selection,and a well stocked bar.Check out time is noon,which is a really good,no morning rush and another bonus FREE secure parking,5mins from motorway and 10 mins from Glasgow airport,will defo use again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi Shifty,

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Campanile GA.

Although we do not allow 4 adults to stay in the one room, they are very spacious, giving you plenty of room for all sorts of activities. The showers are great, big enough even to maybe fit more than 2 people? but that's another matter all together and possibly quite dangerous.

I will pass your comments onto our housekeeping team, who do a great job in keeping the hotel spotless day in, day out. When you stay again you will have to sample our Restaurant Menu or even our Chef's Weekly Specials for a great meal. None of this 'we had somewhere booked' next time.

We like giving you a later check out time than most other hotels as it gives people the chance to stay in bed that little bit longer, whether to just rest or recover from the night before. It also gives a bit more time to get everything organised to leave instead of, as you said, 'the morning rush'.

We hope to seen you again soon and remember, it's 2 to a room and 1 in the shower.

Owen Gibson.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#60 of 93 in Glasgow
South Side
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
#12 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!