We went up for the Commonwealth Games and booked this hotel because of its sound Trip Advisor comments and the fact that it hadn't raised its prices sky high for the Games. It was comfortable and clean with very friendly, helpful staff especially Tina and Robert. My room (a double for single occupation) was huge and everything worked except the wi-fi, but that was mended eventually. The motorway was no problem.
You need a car (plenty of parking space) or to take a 25 minute bus trip into town, but the 23 bus only costs £3.60 for an all-day ticket which is fine.
I had the Continental breakfast which is £6. At the start of the week there was plenty of choice of savoury and sweet items, but for some inexplicable reason, the choice diminished as the week went on.
This is an unpretentious hotel, but it made a very good base for a week of sightseeing and sport watching.I'd happily use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland