“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #59 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
London
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went up for the Commonwealth Games and booked this hotel because of its sound Trip Advisor comments and the fact that it hadn't raised its prices sky high for the Games. It was comfortable and clean with very friendly, helpful staff especially Tina and Robert. My room (a double for single occupation) was huge and everything worked except the wi-fi, but that was mended eventually. The motorway was no problem.

You need a car (plenty of parking space) or to take a 25 minute bus trip into town, but the 23 bus only costs £3.60 for an all-day ticket which is fine.

I had the Continental breakfast which is £6. At the start of the week there was plenty of choice of savoury and sweet items, but for some inexplicable reason, the choice diminished as the week went on.

This is an unpretentious hotel, but it made a very good base for a week of sightseeing and sport watching.I'd happily use it again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hi Operabuff,

Thanks for your review, we hope you enjoyed the games.

It's nice to see you enjoyed our spacious rooms and I will make sure your lovely comments about Robert & Tina are passed on. Having a car helps but as you mentioned, at £3.60 for a day ticket and a 10-25 min journey depending on what bus you choose means you aren't exactly stranded in the sticks.

Since your visit we have changed our continental selection and set up, so you will just have to visit again to get a new updated experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and fully expect to see you again when you're back in town.

Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Darwen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this as we had tickets to the Commonwealth Games. £109 without breakfast wasn't cheap, but it was all that was available.

However; Ample parking. Very friendly staff on the desk and bar. Rooms rather large actually. Twin beds were comfortable and the whole room smelled really clean and fresh. We used the tea and coffee up when we arrived and were given more when we returned around midnight when we asked, with no issues at all. Had a few drinks in the bar at reasonable prices.

Toby Carvery over the road, very reasonable. Plenty of buses available from stops by Ikea and Sainsbury's.

Would highly recommend to travellers and we would certainly use this chain again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello T2cps,

Thank you so much for your review, and allow me to apologise for the length of time taken for us to reply to you. Your review originally went to our sister Campanile hotel in Glasgow and has taken time to transfer across to Campanile Glasgow Airport.

I'm delighted that you found everything to be in order and allowed you a comfortable stay with us. I'm not sure if you were here for the Commonwealth Games, but whatever your reasons for visiting, I hope you enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere across the city.

Again, my thanks for your review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Kindest,

Thom Murphy
Inverness
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed in this Hotel a few times to date but the last two times have been disappointing. The 2nd last time, I woke up after a very bad night of sleep with a sore back and discovered the bed was in a very strange twisted position. I did complain but the staff were not too concerned. I did push the point and the duty manager eventually gave me a £20.00 discount on the price. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
Since then I stayed on the 23rd of July and was relying on doing some work and downloading documents for work later that day as time was very short but when I arrived, they informed me that the WI-fi was down and they could not do anything about it. I had phoned the evening before to confirm my booking but they did not inform me about this. I would not be too bothered but one of the main reasons I stay here is because they offer Wi-fi and especially as they had more than doubled their price for July 2014 during the Commonwealth games.
I will hesitate to return here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here at the beginning and end of our Scottish holiday. The hotel is less than 4 miles from the airport on the M8, so close enough for convenience but far enough away to be quiet. The hotel rooms were very clean and fairly large, with an adequate number of electrical outlets and room conveniences such as a hair dryer. The staff were excellent, and a room problem revolving around air conditioning was swiftly resolved. The hotel had ample parking and has a bar and small restaurant. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi Gmd,

Thank you so much for your review, I am very happy to see you enjoyed both of your visits to Campanile GA.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the staff, who try consistently to give the best service they can. Our rooms are really quite big, aren't they? Which gives you enough space for everything you may have picked up during your trip and plenty of places to plug some of those things in.

I'm glad your air-con issue was resolved quickly and only a minor hiccup. Be sure to give the restaurant a try if you are back again.

You know now that there is no other place you could choose if you are back in town and we will be happy to see you again whenever that may be.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very close to airport we stayed here as we had a flight early enough to warrant over night stay.
Considering it's close proximity to Glasgow Airport you wouldn't have been surprised that the prices had been hiked but the surprise was they were extremely reasonable.
Add to that the food is actually excellent it makes for a great business hub spot, families or in our case a couple.
Top marks from me

Stayed September 2013
Owen G, Director of Sales at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi 007,

Firstly I would like to thank you for giving us a sparkling review.

We offer very reasonable and highly competitive prices at Campanile GA and as you have seen first hand, you really do get more than your monies worth. It's good to see you enjoyed our restaurant and I'll let the chefs know you enjoyed your meal.

I trust that you will stay again, whether you are catching an early flight or just fancy a night away.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very close to Glasgow airport and Braehead retail park. Booked this for the location. Positives: Reception was efficient and friendly. Rooms are clean and fairly spacious-bigger than some budget hotels. Bed comfortable and good power shower. Negatives: no toiletries in bathroom, limited choice of drinks at the bar. This was ok for an overnight stay. Would stay again.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I will be sure to let the team know about your kind comments about them. Glad you enjoyed the restaurant, even if you did think you had a limited selection. We have a chef's specials menu which we also run on a weekly basis, which gives you that little bit of extra choice.

I trust we will see you again in the future, under better circumstances hopefully.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was okay. Never got orange juice as it was always finished, but had pineapple, grapefruit and cranberry available as well. Restaurant was adequate but nothing startling and menu was acceptable but again not a lot of choice.
Stayed there as my husband was in hospital in Glasgow. Very good location for hospital and very close to Brahead Shopping Mall and Glasgow Airport. Also had shuttle bus to the airport.

Room Tip: I had a ground Floor room which looked out on the car park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hi Lynn,

Owen Gibson.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#61 of 96 in Glasgow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,065 reviews
Kings Park Hotel
#82 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!