“GREAT ONE DAY TOUR”

Discover Scotland Tours
Ranked #6 of 92 Tours in Glasgow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Discover Scotland Tours are an award winning company that provide 1 day trips and 3 day tours taking you to some of the most beautiful, historic and inspiring places in Scotland. Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, the Highlands, Glencoe, Loch Lomond National Park, Stirling Castle, Glenfinnan, Mallaig and Jacobite Steam Train, Oban, Whisky Distilleries and much more. Our guests enjoy guaranteed departures, our unique hotel pick up service and a modern fleet of small luxury Mercedes coaches. Scotland can leave you breathless. From the drama and beauty of our mountains and lochs, to the rich history of ancient castles and the exploits of our heroes and villains, there really is something for everyone. Our guides have the experience and training to make your journey as colourful as it is comfortable, but it’s their local knowledge and passion for Scotland that will make your journey truly unique and keep our guests coming back for more.
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Came in from the United States to see Scotland and all its historical beauty. I booked my reservation with Discover Scotland Tours and very pleased that I went with them. Being with a smaller group capacity rather than a larger group has its Advantages. The tour was wonderful and our tour guide driver....whose name is Keith....was absolutely wonderful... He was the right person for that position with his laughing charm and the knowedge that he could give you when u had questions. They will pick u up at your hotel within range which helped me and I appreciated that very much. Wear comfortable shoes, and please dress for the weather...can be quite windy if touring the castle and higher elevations. When I come back I am definitely going again and asking for Keith.
Thanks for a lovely tour: Dorothy/USA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)
All reviews
"driver guide"
in 63 reviews
"photo stops"
in 31 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
in 20 reviews
"glen coe"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 7 February 2011

hotel pick up included in the price which was good, saved us a walk through Glasgow! Roy and I went on the Loch Ness tour on Feb 2nd 2011. weather bit dull, cloudy bit rain. Charlie the tour guide and Driver was really great, knew all the information and passed it on very well. took photos of us so we could both be in photo.stopped at Drover's Inn on the way very atmospheric! Then on to Glencoe, where the dull and damp weather actually added to the atmosphere. Shopping in Fort William, then on to Loch Ness itself, where we went on the 1 hr cruise on the loch. lots of photos and videos taken, but no sighting of Nessie unfortunately! then back to Glasgow stopping for food on the way. we had a fantasticday, mainly due to Charlie who did everything he could to make the day special. Would we go again? Most definitely! KathyBracy

Reviewed 6 February 2011

Really pretty enjoyed Charlie's guided tour of us around, nice Scottish music and story-telling. The trip is relaxing with a feeling of experience the changing beauty of Scotland's highland terrains and sceneries. Really loved it.

1  Thank Janeniepooo
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I can only recommend this company!
First of all I got picked up from the town where I'm staying which is great because the tour starts early in the morning. The driver - Keith- was punctual and the bus is clean and immaculate ! We had great fun and got offered a great programm! We made our way from Glasgow to Loch Lomond, through the Glencoe, Fort William and Loch Ness to Inverness... Keith kept us entertained with interesting stories and infos about Scotland and its history! We made several stops and had enough time to explore the area and to make hundreds of pictures! This company is definitely the best in Glasgow because it really cares about its passengers... and has a heart for young adults (our group was under 25's only =) ). Keith had the umbrellas ready when we went out to take pictures of the Glencoe... we were back within seconds because we got soaked really bad and we had a loss of a hat. To be fair... that was really exciting and we had a great laugh!
This was my second trip with DiscoverScotlandTours and I'll definitely be back...next time maybe for the Whisky tour? I even made new friends on the bus which makes the whole trip a lifetime experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I went on the tour of Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands, and it is an experience I will never forget. Our tour guide Keith was incredible; he was extremely friendly and funny, and had a passion and a deep knowledge of Scotland and its history. The route itself was extraordinary! The mountain views and all of the lochs and historical significance was exactly what I was hoping for! Even though the trip was pretty long, the stops (as well as Keith) kept it engaging and comfortable. An amazing and beautiful tour, I highly recommend.