“Best Ever”

Ranked #61 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opium specialises in oriental fusion cuisine, offering a mix of traditional Dim Sum and fusion dishes. We're open everyday and look forward to welcoming you here at 191 Hope Street. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, Opium is great for a working lunch or to catch up with friends. As night falls our interior transforms, it's perfect for an intimate dinner or a celebration with family and friends.
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I booked this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday. The decor of the restaurant is lovely. The service was excellent and the food was the best Thai/Chinese/Asian we have ever had.

The cost for two adults having 3 dim sum starters between us, a main course each with rice and noodles, a bottle of wine and a few cocktails was what you would expect. It did not break the bank and was not over priced.

The dim sums were absolutely fantastic; it was the first time we have tried them and they are amazing. The main courses were very well presented, portioned properly and flavoursome.

The waitress was always on hand to pour our wine but never intrusive. The restaurant placed us at a very nice table for two away from the windows that made our evening amazing. This is the best Chinese/Thai food that we have ever had.

If you are in Glasgow this restaurant will tick all the boxes.

If you are looking for a Chinese/Thai/Oriental restaurant for a special occasion, I would recomend this restaurant.

We will definately return soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 24 June 2012

First time in Opium.The food was nice but honestly nothing to write home about. I found it to be very expensive compared to other restaurants in Glasgow and I eat out most weekends. My starter was £5.95 for a tiny plate of squid and my main course £19 and then had to pay around £3.70 for a small plate of noodles. if the meal had the Wow factor then that would be fine but I actually had a similar dish last week in my local Chinese!. The staff were lovely.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Really nice wee restaurant. The place was decorated beautifully and the food was simply delicious! I'd recommend the ribs as they are melt-in-the-mouth amazing! Will definately visit again (when I've saved up enough pennies that is - it is quite expensive!)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The food was good as was the service. I wouldn't say this was an amazing restaurant, but the food was fresh and nicely prepared. We liked some of the dishes more than others and found the service very friendly. Overall I would say that the restaurant was very good, but certainly not at the top of any lists.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Lovely meal for 3 people. Asked about some of the ingredients and staff brought out examples if some of the more unusual vegetables to show us what to look for. Very enjoyable evening thank you