“Some minor flaws, but otherwise great”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed here last weekend (Room 211). My main reason for staying was to see if it would be a good venue to book rooms for wedding guests in 2 weeks (was planning on booking about 8 rooms for a night). Overall I rate the stay 4/5.

Service: Great. Very friendly staff on arrival.

Location: In the centre of Glasgow with a multistorey car park next door. Didn't realise on street parking probably would have been free on a Saturday evening so do check. Parking prices were 50% off for guests anyway.

Rooms: The room was a bit small (perhaps an illusion as the ceilings are so high!). Beautifully decorated bedroom and bathroom with a monsoon style shower. Room thermostat that actually works (this is the first hotel in which I have had any success with air con/heating!). Minor complaints: 1) Bright neon green light under the sink looked tacky, perhaps just not my taste. 2) The corridors and the room smelt like they had just been decorated. My wifes first comment when we got to the 2nd floor was "wish I brought the Oust!"

Noise: Minimal. Had a great night sleep.

Breakfast: Paid for B&B. Cold selection was somewhat limited. For hot foods it seemed we would have to pay extra (perhaps we misunderstood the staff). A hot buffet style selection would really make a difference.

Price: £150 for the night. I honestly feel this was overpriced. I think around £100-120 would be reasonable.

Overall, despite this being a gorgeous hotel and having such lovely staff, I probably would not recommend this to a friend because: a) The smell, b) The breakfast, c) The price. I have booked the rooms for the wedding elsewhere.

Room Tip: Aim to pay around £100. Get breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn906
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am sorry to learn of the issues you encountered with us during your recent visit.

When staying on a bed and breakfast basis guests have the option of the continental breakfast or Full Scottish breakfast which is cooked to order. My apologies that the restaurant staff did not convey this information to you on your arrival for breakfast.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

My wife and I stayed with 2 friends. A small problem with the booking was promptly sorted out by the reception staff. The outstanding thing about this outstanding hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. Everybody greets you with a smile and does their best to make your stay memorable, and in this endeavour they succeed totally.
The hotel is new and looks impeccable. The food is excellent and the bar/reception area is very tastefully decorated. The position is excellent being in the financial area, which is only a short walk from the main shopping areas. The beds in the executive rooms are huge and very, very comfortable. When we arrived home we were met with a message to say an item of clothing had been found and would be despatched back via the post. It arrived the next day!!!
In short if you want to stay in Glasgow (and you should) this is the ideal choice.
J Donaldson - stay 13-15th May 2011

1  Thank donaldsonj
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2011

Thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you found the hotel, facilities on offer and staff exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed here at the weekend and have to say I was very impressed, good central location and still very quiet at night . There is a multi story car park next door which is reasonably priced as you get 50% discount if staying at the hotel, one word of warning though it is not open 24 hours so check if you think you will need access to you car early morning or after 11pm.
Rooms are great , very boutique with great beds, free Internet and mini bar ! Bathrooms have large walk in showers with bathrobes and slippers.
The bar is nice to sit in and some great staff although we did not eat in the hotel any food we saw looked good.
Only two small comments/suggestions,, a luggage rack would be good as nowhere for luggage except the floor and there was a caffetiere but only instant coffee , apart from these minor things I would certainly recommend and gives hotels like Malmaison a run for their money !

1  Thank Frank G

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed our exceptional hotel room facilities and the friendliness of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Indigo on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Just returned from Hotel Indigo - WOW what can I say! This is beautiful hotel - luxury everywhere, rooms are 6* in my opinion. Very trendy lounge/bar where you can enjoy drinks and relax. The staff cannot do enough to help you from Kirsty on reception, Wayne who kept our drinks topped-up and Linda who made sure we had a good breakfast. The staff really are genuine and friendly.

Just booked a return trip for June 2011 - I was so impressed!!!
Mrs Q - Isle of Man

1  Thank mrsquayle
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your kind comments.
Our team at the Indigo always strive to ensure all guests have a trouble free and enjoyable stay – I am always pleased when this is recognised by guests.
I am delighted that you have been able to plan your next trip to Glasgow so soon and you have now made us your first hotel choice in the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. The staff were polite, attentive and extremely helpful. We stayed two nights for my wife birthday. When asked why we were in the city, Sonia discreetly placed chocolates in our room for my wife with a card. The food is of a high standard, breakfast too. The rooms are the best we have stayed in, but would have liked a bath. The manager should be proud of her staff and their professionalism. My wife is looking forward to another stay.

Kevin C.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank tateyheed

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you recognised the excellent standards our team maintain and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

my partner and I have just spent 2 lovely nights at this hotel. It is a very new hotel and i was expecting maybe a few teething problems, but found no faults that are really worth mentioning. The staff were really professional, friendly and attentative to every need. The food was very plentiful both for breakfast and evening meal. Our room was very comfortable with a very large bed, huge shower unit, bath robes and tea/ coffee making facilities. The hotel is situated very close to Glasgow central station and the city shopping centres.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coralreef59

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass compliments on to the team. With so many great attractions, bars and shops within walking distance from the hotel it is in the perfect location for people visiting Glasgow.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the city soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

the hotel magnificent! the food magnificent! the rooms magnificent! the location magnificent!
the staff!!!!!! well what we can say about the staff???? Melita the receptionist sooo helpful,
benjamin the waiter sooo helpful, lynda the super woman breakfast waitress went the extra mile or two, the staff whosE name we didn't take a note of were all so friendly, and helped us get about the city of glasgow (especially the bars with beer gardens!!!!)
now what can we say about WAYNE?????? from the minute we arrived he took us under his wing and looked after us like a mother hen!!!! he opened the bar for us as soon as we arrived and we were never refused service til we left!!! what a man!!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!! sorry about the rate for sleep quality as it was our own fault about the sleep!!! we didn't want to miss a single moment sleeping! can we advise that if you are in town late at night you MUST get a rickshaw back!! ask for michael or owen from ballymena hey! that is the funniest thing instead of a taxi!

1  Thank susanBangorCo_down

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. We are very proud of our staff and they will always strive to ensure a guest’s visit is a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow in the near future.