“Fabulous Boutique Hotel in Central Glasgow”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here during the June Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend on the Sunday night and we loved the hotel, it is a few minutes walk from Central Station, a few minutes more from Queen St Station and ideally located for most of Glasgow's attractions and especially close to the shops.

We were greeted by a very cheery Receptionist, who was certainly working for her money that day as she was the only person on the busy reception.

The Superior Room was well furnished, complimentary bottle of lovely wine and complimentary contents of the mini bar, the Tunnock's Caramel log was a welcome snack after a night out in Glasgow.

Bathroom was a shower, but well presented with a rain shower.

Only negative thing was the Breakfast Service, again I believe the hotel was lacking in staff. There must have been 15 tables that required to be cleared after the guests had left. No one had probably factored into their planning that it was a bank holiday with 100% occupancy and that most people would be going late for breakfast. The cooked breakfast however was excellent, the Lorne Sausage was so tasty - I must ask the next time where they get it.

Despite a few wee niggles we will definitely stay there on our next trip to Glasgow.

3  Thank kiltedscot264
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for the great review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us

Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo this weekend after getting a good rate on laterooms. Hotel is only a short walk from Central Station and the shops Buchanan Street and only a short hop ina taxi to the Kelvingrove and the West end with it's assortment of bars and restaurants.

Rooms were good sized and well appointed, with extremely comfortable beds. Our room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet, but also no noise of lifts or banging doors was heard..

Staff were friendly, and bar staff made rather good cocktails. Didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant appeared quite busy too.

Wifi only seemed to work in the lobby, but this would be the only niggle.

Would defiantly return

2  Thank easty100

Thank you for the wonderful review, we hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I want to say a massive thank you to all at Hotel Indigo for making my stay over my wedding so fabulous! I stayed there the night before and on my wedding (June 1st and 2nd) which was held at 29 Royal Exchange Square. The hotel could not have been more helpful, Im really angry at myself for forgetting the name of the lovely lady on reception who was so friendly and helpful upon check in and throughout our stay - but thank you! Thanks to Lynda who kept the drinks flowing and also for accomodating us all so helpfully at breakfast. We had quite a large party staying and every single one of them commented on how lovely their rooms were and how impressive the hotel was. We stayed in the Indigo Suite which was beautiful, with amazing views, a well stocked complimentary mini bar, ipod dock, big swivelly TV and really really comfy bed. I was so happy I picked Hotel Indigo and we will definately be back whenever we are in Glasgow. The food was also lovely.
Thanks again - I hated leaving!
Michelle Watson

1  Thank munchylou81
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I've stayed at the Indigo for six nights over the last six months for business trips and this is what I found:
Location - very central - 1 minute from main station.
Rooms smart and stylish with excellent bathroom (first class shower - no bath though)
Some of the food is good (although over priced - there are some excellent restaurants in Glasgow)
But I'm sorry that's where the good stuff ends.
The worst part I'm afraid is the service. Being polite I'd call it sleepy. I don't think the staff are bad people they just haven't been trained how to be attentive and to look after paying guests and it's frankly rude.
Queues at check out can been lengthy and chaotic in the morning.
For months the staff have been giving guests a load of nonsense about wifi getting "fixed". I heard the same answers in January as I did in May. Assume the wifi at Indigio is either slow or non existent.
As a hotel regular it would have been nice not to get the car park view again.
Put simply this is a missed opportunity. It's a smart place but badly managed and until that changes I won't be going back - it just doesn't match the price and the high end sales pitch.
Unless you get a very good price I'd stay away to avoid disappointment.
P.S. It's £5 a pint!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank gadflyer

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to speak with me while you stayed with us, for the second of you two visits, recently. We will address all the points you have raised and hope that you may might stay withn us again in the future

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Great location a stone's throw away from central station. A bit far to walk to the west end, but buses leave regularly from Hope street.

The hotel itself is quite impressive. We had an accessible room on the 4th floor (though we are not disabled - a bit strange). However, this meant we had plenty of space. Nice decor, though found all the pink and floweryness a bit much. Free minibar a nice treat.

The only real negative was that there was a constant dripping sound from behind a locked door near the bathroom all night, which was quite annoying.

All in all, a good hotel and well worth the advance purchase rate (though don't know whether I'd pay the rack rate).

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank OldMacD0nald

Thank you for the great review and we are delighted you were able to take advantage of our advanced saver rate.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My Husband and myself recently stayed here for our anniversary, and were delighted with our choice. We booked on the 21 day pre-pay plan and found this excellant value for such a lovely hotel. When we first arrived we found the reception staff friendly and helpful. Our room was just lovely, and spotlessly clean. Nice decor and the bed was very comfy...slept like a baby.Was chuffed to see some treats left for us in the fridge which was also very welcome, as we had some wine we had taken with us for the room.

We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was really good, although I did find that the dining room lacked atmosphere although the staff were nice enough. The bar staff were really great, and were happy to chat with myself and my husband whilst we enjoyed some drinks after dinner.

The location of this hotel is perfect being within 5 mins walk from the centre of town. We parked our car in the car park opposite the hotel, and due to the hotel discount paid about £11.00 from the friday evening to the Sunday morning which is great value.

Overall loved this hotel. Beautiful place with friendly staff, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SULO34
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My initial impression upon entering my room was very good. It was spacious and clean with up to date decor.

The internet was a good speed when using a network cable, the desk provided is comfortable to work at and the bed extremely comfortable to sleep in.

The bathroom was also really nice, with an added novelty of a TV volume control button beside the toilet! While I found this very funny, I'm sure some people would get great use out of it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review, we hope that we can welcome you back to Hotel Indigo in the future