“Fab, funky hotel!”

Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
scotland
“Fab, funky hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Fantastic, modern boutique hotel in prime location.
Immaculate rooms, with mod cons such as ipod dock and tv speaker in en suite.
Comfortable beds,lovely complimentary White Company toiletries and mini bar.
Quiet rooms with blackout curtains.

Only draw back rooms very hot overnight and poor choice of continental breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you back with us in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Lets make this review simple.

Excellent welcome by receptionist.
Excellent rooms.
Excellent bar service.
Excellent location.

I am not going to mark this fantastic hotel down, but maybe a note to consider, £13 for breakfast when all you want a bacon roll and a coffee that can get close by for less than a fiver. Maybe, just maybe a consideration.

If you could score a hotel 11/10, this is it by a country mile.

• Stayed September 2012
We will happily accept 11/10, and are most grateful for such a great score. we do offer more affordable options on our breakfast menu, including the great Glasgow 'roll and sausage.'
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here I was so pleased I booked a room for me and my wife at the Indigo!

Also reading the harsh comment below from 'mjmscot' I have to disagree with everything! Some people just expect that little more and are never easily pleased!

The style and cleanliness of the hotel is outstanding and parking was easy too.

I was greeted and checked in by the lovely 'Kerry'. And can I just say, this lovely lass made my welcome and stay unforgettable, she helped me out with a small problem I had with my flight going home which kind of stressed me out a bit, so thanks for sorting that Kerry.

I stayed in a Blue room and all the small touches i.e the mini bars, rainfall shower etc were just lovely. The rooms are a actually a decent size, we hardly spent much time in the room as when u come to a beautiful city like Glasgow I wanted to explore.

The bar and restaurant staff were lovely and very friendly.. The girl 'Linda' really knows her stuff and again made our stay enjoyable. Theirs also a very wide variety to choose from on the menu.. And u MUST try a cocktail.. Yum!

I did have breakfast the next day and I enjoyed it very much.. Again theirs not pleasing certain people!

I had a very relaxing stay at the Indigo and I will definately be returning back!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you ever so much for your review, one of the great attributes of Tripadvisor is it's ability to act as a forum, that is why we like it so much! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that we can welcome you back very soon
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

They are actually able to do it. They built a decent shower in GB. The rooms are nicely decorated. Even the floor is polished wood instead of the usual disgusting carpets you normally get. The room could be a bit bigger. Even the executive version is still quite small. But all in all, Indigo Glasgow is one of the better Indigos.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, and for the competitive referral. Reviews like this give us all a real shot in the arm. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo
in the near future
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed in a superior room on 1st floor with king bed.

First Impressions were chic boutique verging on tacky. I think they have just about pulled off the look and feel they were going for however it will not age well.

Check in was smooth and the reception staff were polite and courteous if not a bit heavy handed with the make up!

Room was nicely decorated but definitely on the small side. I feel the space planning for this hotel was centred on cramming as many rooms in as possible as opposed to creating a contemporary space where you could not just sleep but also relax. Bathroom was lovely and the products were very good, in fact I didn’t even get my own Molten Brown out I liked them that much. The mini bar was an “ouch” rather than the “wow” as there was few items in there and not even 2 of everything. I believe if you’re going to try and differentiate yourself by offering different levels of free minibar based on your room type then either see it through and do it right or not at all.

Room Service was very good. We ordered fish and chips and charcuterie platter and were very impressed. They also had Cloudy Bay on the wine list so you can’t go wrong with a New Zealand Savy B in my book.

Bar area was nice and the staff were friendly and willing to have a bit of banter with you which makes all the difference in my book. Easy place to start you night out but not a destination bar.
All in all it was a pleasant stay however did not deliver on the promise of what we expected from the advertising and reviews. Did not feel it was good value for money and probably would not stay there again.

MY GRIPE: I’m from Scotland however live in Asia and was so looking forward to a proper Scottish Breakfast and was insulted by what the hotel provided (FYI we willing paid for it). The whole breakfast was look warm the lorne sausage was thin, cheap and tasteless, the black pudding was dry and the tatty scones were just criminal, floppy and dry and there was no bacon available (seriously!). My partner is from England and I was raving about proper Scottish breakfast for months and I was mortified that we were served this national disgrace on a plate. He laughed in my face it was so bad and I don’t blame him as it was “pure rubbish”! Only made worse by the fact it was that it was not made to order and from the warming plate. Over and above my own disappointment and humiliation I feel embarrassed that foreigners come to the Indigo and think this is a proper Scottish breakfast, how humiliating for us all. Just to add insult to injury, later that day we drove to Manchester and stopped off at Abington services and it pains me to say it but their self-service breakfast was far superior! For the sake of your Scottish identity, general self-respect and the impending commonwealth games when we (Scotland that is) will be on display, PLEASE GET TO GRIPS WITH THE BASICS AND SORT THIS OUT!

Room Tip: I didn't see the suits but imagine that’s the only room where you’re going to get the Indigo exp...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mjmscot
Thank you for your very detailed review, we are disappointed that we did not meet your expectation. We will certainly take all of your comments on board to maintain our very high standards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Great hotel. Staff really seem to care. Enjoyed our 3 nights here v much. Didn't try the restaurant cos there are some great places just off Blythswood Square. Actually, we stayed at the Blythswood last time we were in Glasgow and I have to say, overall, the Indigo was a better experience, despite lacking the amazing Blythswood spa! Beds are better at the Indigo as well.

1 Thank OzzieV
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, and for the competitive referral. Reviews like this give us a all a real shot in the arm. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo
in the near future
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Was really looking forward to staying at this hotel from the website and on checking in we were told that we were in a superior deluxe room. The room was basic, comfortable but nothing special and the free mini bar that was part of the deal comprised of a few diet cokes and a single small (one glass) bottle of wine.
The room service was good but the breakfast was terrible.
I wouldn't stay here again given the choice but it was ok.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation but certainly take all your comments most seriously and will endeavour to iron out any service blips that you encountered. We would still like to think that we could welcome you back in the future.