“Great night in fabulous hotel”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment we entered the room and explored, this was one of the best experiences we have had. A fantastic room and a high level of sumptuous decor. Dinner in the Limelight grill was excellent and of the highest standard. A comfortable sleep and a refreshing shower in the morning, followed by a very good breakfast.
Truly an experience we will be repeating at the earliest opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bongobilly56
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review, we look forward to welcoming you back at the earliest opportunity!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, the service from the staff was faultless. Really nice rooms with great big comfy beds and a good rain shower. The decor of the whole hotel is both lovely and interesting and I like how each hotel is decorated to represent the city it is in.

The only thing I can fault a tiny bit is the food. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was fine. Nothing awful, didn't need to send anything back but my fiancé and I both felt that the standard of the food didn't quite match the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Would definitely stay again but with so much choice on your doorstep we would probably dine elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sarah G

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our neighbourhood

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travel to Glasgow regularly on business and I enjoy staying in this hotel for many reasons.

Firstly, it's just such a nice place to be. All the rooms and public areas are lovely and luxurious and light. The decor in the rooms is really nice and the bathrooms are lovely too. The complementary mini bar is great too. It's little things like that that can make a huge difference to a seasoned traveller like me.

Secondly, it's great for the city centre.

Thirdly, the staff are all really friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. I was staying there last summer, when the weather was really hot. When I got back to my room, I found that the staff had been in and left a spare key card in the slot and had put the air conditioning on ready for me coming back. This is amazing service and I made a point of going back down to reception to thank whoever did it.

The only thing I don't rate is the restaurant. While the food and service are good, I just don't think there's a good enough selection of food and I think it's expensive - especially considering the number of other restaurants in the vicinity.

All in all though, I'd definitely recommend the Hotel Indigo to anyone staying in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Platinum members can get upgraded to a superior room. The room is no different, but there are extra...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so convenient for the train station it is unbelievable! But yet the rooms always feel quiet and peaceful even though there's an absolutely buzzing bar and restaurant downstairs and various bars nearby.

Had a beautiful room once again, love the complimentary mini bar and the ready access to an ice machine. No tray charge on room service is a massive plus. Little things like that make you feel special and valued as a customer.

But once again, shining star of this place are the staff. In particular the reception staff. They're helpful, friendly and chatty without being pushy. They've just got the blend just right. All the staff are lovely in fact.

Very impressed with this hotel yet again. Will be back and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to have you stay with us again and very much appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Our room was spacious and pleasant! Well decorated with lots of extras!
Very clean but with terrible lighting-having just had laser eye surgery a few weeks ago I really struggled!! The restaurant had bad lighting also but our meal was amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Only complaint was the breakfast-extremely bland. Not a good continental selection and possibly one of the worst full breakfasts I've had.
All in all, I would most definitely book into this hotel again! Staff very friendly and helpful!

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. we are glad you enjoyed your stay, and please accept our apologies for your breakfast. We sincerely hope your convalescence from eye surgery is speedy.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The welcome was warm at my first visit to a Hotel Indigo. The room was elegantly furnished with a footstool coming with the armchair and a rainfall shower. Breakfast mostly good quality; appreciated the choice of Lorne or regular sausage. Walk out the door and a couple of blocks - you're in the city centre. And the airport bus is only a block away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the choice of sausage at breakfast. We hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was uncertain that this was going to work, BUT it was a really outstanding choice - many thanks to Mrs D. (I should not doubt you)

Great room without a whisper of noise, good shower and a splendid breakfast - no hot lamps here!

The attached/separate restaurant was very good (and convenient) and with a shared staff [?] and a good work/welcome ethos evident...then all is well.

Room Tip: the worst room is probably better than "other" hotels good rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shawbhoy
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for the great review, we are really delighted that everything worked during your stay. We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.