“City centre gem”

Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Dubai, U.A.E.
“City centre gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was recently at this hotel with some golfing colleagues & the general consensus was that it was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious, bright & modern. The hotel itself is so central that we could walk to most places we wanted to go to. The staff were pleasant, friendly & helpful. The food matched the excellence of our overall experience. Next time I visit Glasgow, I would hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, look for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just like my last review of this hotel there is much to like......but breakfast still lets it down.

Lovely modern hotel, great room with monsoon shower, some minibar freebies and an uninterrupted sleep. Wifi still hit and miss (to the point that the same devices in the same room did not both get a connection). You can walk to the centre of the City within 5-10 minutes.

But breakfast - having complained of a greasy experience last time around decided to just go "Continental" this time. This resulted in very poor (Sunny D my daughter reckoned) orange juice, generally limited choice of fruits, meats and cereals, and a lack of focus on ensuring the basics of bread and pastries were replenished regularly.

Topped off with the waiter bringing a bill to me to advise that he had tried to charge it to my room but that I had not left a credit card. I told him I had, he disappeared, he came back and apologised. But on the basis I was checking out that morning even if they did not have my credit card details they did know I was staying there and could have avoided leaving such a bad service experience by just trusting their customer to pay on checkout. It wasn't exactly an attempt to charge Louis Cristal champers to my room!

That said staff at check-in and check-out were good; will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sleep007
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very grateful for all the feedback that we receive and will certainly review the points that you have raised. Please accept our apologies for the confusion over your breafast billing.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The room was nice and the shower was amazing but I do like a bath as well personally. I had requested tea alternatives before the visit and was pleased my room had a good range of alternatives. The free mini bar is a nice touch. The wifi might as well as not exist as it is very poor and drove me mad. It connected for about 5 mins during my whole stay. The staff are all helpful and pleasent. The breakfast was a disappointment. I had the continental and it was very limited and as others say the orange juice is poor. I stayed using points and so it was good value but I wouldn't stay paying the rates they ask. I've stayed in other indigo hotels and been wowed by them so was a bit surprised this one didn't. There was nothing majorly wrong with and there are some good things but I'd only return if I got a real bargain. For the price I'm sure Glasgow has more to offer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very grateful for all the feedback that we receive.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Location in city center was convenient for all of Glasgow. Many restaurants and shops are located within walking distance. Cleanliness was excellent. Other than the weak Wi-Fi not always maintaining the connection I have no complaints and plan to stay here on my return to Glasgow.

Room Tip: We visited several of the rooms and they all looked good. We also had no problem with noise even th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Was it really awful? No. But really, was it a 4 star experience? No. And when there are so many other options, would I go back? Unlikely. I was attracted by the look of the lobby and rooms, the soft furnishings in particular, and the Intercontinental brand. However this is clearly a far cry from the Intercontinental on Hyde Park Corner. While I have since understood that Indigo may be a separate brand targeting a different audience, but at 130 a night, I thought it was certainly not cheap and positioned itself a notch above average, while the experience was probably below average. I booked for 2 nights, and subsequently decided to add a further night before the original booking. This had to be arranged through the central booking system for Intercontinental Hotels rather than with the hotel itself, as a result of which they could not confirm whether it would be possible for me to stay in the same room for all three nights. Given it was two months before my stay, I thought this was odd and not very helpful. Direct contact with the hotel was not possible. Upon check in, I STILL could not be assured that I would be able to stay in the same room (although to be fair, in the end I was). The room (with two queen beds) was nice in itself, but I was disappointed to find there was no bath (given it is a 4 star hotel) and the window looked out onto a wall, meaning the room was extremely dark. In addition, it was impossible to adjust the temperature (the airco could not go lower than an optical 19 degrees (in reality it must have been much warmer) and the electricity would anyway switch off when you leave the room / remove your key card) meaning the temperature which was too high for my liking at night, went up further during the day. Staff at reception tried to be helpful about this but couldn’t really do anything about it as the temperature was apparently regulated centrally too. The sound proofing wasn’t great and the breakfast buffet was disappointing, not at all what you’d expect of a 4 star hotel. The staff was polite, but indifferent, impersonal. Even after 3 nights there wasn’t ever a moment of recognition. So all in all , these are probably minor gripes but my expectations, and the price, of a 4 star hotel are different than those of a 2 star.

Room Tip: make sure you enquire about the view from the window and whether there is a bath - neither are a giv...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EIDH
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while attending a concert at the nearby SSE Hydro Arena (a 5 minute taxi ride/15 minute walk away).

The hotel itself is centrally located, and a few minutes walk from Glasgow Central Station and the major shopping areas & tourist sights.

We stayed on a Saturday night in May, and the local area was very, very quiet - mainly office buildings which were deserted for the weekend. There was one small bar across the street, but it was very low-key and seemed quiet throughout our stay.

First impressions - the reception and bar area of the hotel are beautifully decorated and presented.

The reception and bar staff were very friendly and helpful upon check-in and throughout the stay.

While we didn't dine at the hotel's 'main' restaurant, we did have dinner at the bar before the concert. The food was excellent and I highly recommend the chicken club sandwich - it was huge and delicious! My partner ordered the steak burger, and again, had no complaints.

We stayed in an executive king room. Beautiful furnishings, flat screen TV, air conditioning, complimentary mini bar (that came with snacks and non-alcoholic beverages), very comfortable king-size bed with Egyptian linen, 'rain' shower in the bathroom.... Over-all, the entire room was very clean and comfortable. We really couldn't ask for more.

I will definitely return to the Indigo if I am ever staying over in Glasgow again. And even if I am only visiting the city for the day, I'll be sure to stop by their bar just to get another club sandwich!! :)

Room Tip: Stayed in a King Executive Room on the hotel's south-east corner. Local area populated by office...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice sized room with spacious shower (no bath) and very large screen TV. Deluxe rooms have a minibar with complimentary drinks including white wine and spirits as well as chocolate and crisps. However I was not impressed with the breakfast - very limited continental breakfast selection including poor quality yoghurts and orange juice that tasted like squash (maybe it was?). Very limited hot offering too, no kippers (strange for Scotland). The scrambled egg was tasteless and when I asked for something vegetarian for my friend he was given an omelette with bacon in it! It's a shame because otherwise the hotel is great and the staff generally very friendly and helpful. Great location for Glasgow Central station, you can see the entrance from the hotel - less than five minutes walk away. Not much further to the shops.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms have a better selection of drinks in the minibar but don't bother with breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends