“Awesome”

Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Geordie Land
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend once again took me to this hotel for a romantic break and it certainly was that...I love this hotel and I love Glasgow and the Glaswegians are lovely people...everyone we met was very nice...this is a fantastic Hotel and all who go there are in for a treat...the room we had which in our opinion is the best, the penthouse suite room 512, did not disappoint once again...there were a few niggles...the little coffee table was shabby and needs some attention...the toilet door rattled akin to a carriage on a train...don't ask me how or why...we thought it might have been the air con but it did it even when it was off...other than that it was perfect...hopefully I will get to stay here again...the room is quiet and had views of some of the spectacular buildings of Glasgow...in easy reach of the Central Station which is beautiful and within easy reach of all of the shopping centres and fab pubs and cafe's...all in all another lovely time at the Indigo...its been a year since our last visit and I would definitely go again...I cannot wait...Thank you David XX

Room Tip: top room of the house 512 very quiet and private...I would personally opt out of breakfast but it is...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK lets get the minor points out the way first
as stated the Air Con does not go low enough
for rooms which have no opening windows
the sun hits it direct all day
the air con again is too noisy
the bathroom door makes a constant banging when closed
we had to leave it open during the night not the best option for a loo?

the small table has edging snapped off and is in need of changing or repair
this is all in the Penthouse suite which we stayed in for 4 nights
the heat was too much at times so i feel sorry for anyone staying in the hotter months

these were just small niggles though but i docked a star for them

good points the room was immaculate thanks to the hard working cleaning staff
who were always smiling ands happy, you need to praise these people
they work hard for their pay

big TV but could do with an upgrade i think
and not that many channels
i think for this room free movies would be a good idea?

the hotel is ideal for arriving by train ten mins or less and you are there

we loved coming back after shopping and meals and just lounging
also the docking station needs to be a bluetooth one
as iPhones now have different fixings to connect
i could not use my iPhone 5 which was disappointing
shower is fantastic rainfall shower is great
nice Aveda products to shower with
i thought even better were the soaps in the loos
the Scottish soap company
were absolutely gorgeous

breakfasts are still disappointing as said staff seem a bit
unfamiliar we were there 4 nights went 2 times
would say go elsewhere for value for money
the Hope pub does decent breckies at half the price

all in all we love the place
a few tweaks would make this a 5 star hotel

Dave & Lynne

Room Tip: try the penthouse if possible and try elsewhere for breakfast
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked the Indigo suite as a last minute luxury 1 night getaway. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. The room was lovely. Due to the warm sunny day in lovely Glasgow the room was very very very warm with all the windows and with the suite being on the 5th floor the windows were not able to open. The air conditioning did not appear to work and after getting 2 fans from the helpful staff we had to ask to be moved which we were most disappointed by. The hotel had no alternative rooms so they provided us with a refund and booked a room for us at the. Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow at 9.30pm which prevented us from switching off for our 1 night away. The hotel was lovely in appearance initially however there was major works going on in the hotel which did not allow us to have the relaxing experience we were looking for as the workmen were working right outside our room and even a member of staff came into our room when we were in our bed, why?? Haven't figured that one out yet. We would love to return to Hotel Indigo to get the experience we had booked and paid for (£211) but I would not book this again without the assurance that the room has access to air conditioning. I will be emailing the hotel also.

Room Tip: Indigo suite very very warm on sunny days.
Berkshire UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel Indigo is well placed to explore Glasgow just 5 minutes from the City centre.
It is modern, friendly and well-appointed with a relaxed style, however it is let down by several things mentioned by other guests.
Breakfast was awful, very unappealing cracked china bowls, poor selection of cereals, limited choice of "white sliced bread" no wholemeal or choice of rolls.
A toaster that took forever to toast, creating a long queue of frustrated guests.
Orange juice that could only be described as watery squash, a general lack of fresh fruit and over cooked bacon & eggs.
There was no porridge available either or locally sourced fish.
Tables were left un-cleared and overall service slow & poor, not a good start to the day!

Wi-Fi was hit & miss often difficult obtaining a signal.
Whilst the bedroom (5th Floor) was very pleasant and well appointed, the air conditioning was noisy, even when the thermostat was switched off, leaving a constant background hum.

The Hotel has replied promptly to my in house feedback, so now the ball is in their court to rectify these short comings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, U.A.E.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was recently at this hotel with some golfing colleagues & the general consensus was that it was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious, bright & modern. The hotel itself is so central that we could walk to most places we wanted to go to. The staff were pleasant, friendly & helpful. The food matched the excellence of our overall experience. Next time I visit Glasgow, I would hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, look for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just like my last review of this hotel there is much to like......but breakfast still lets it down.

Lovely modern hotel, great room with monsoon shower, some minibar freebies and an uninterrupted sleep. Wifi still hit and miss (to the point that the same devices in the same room did not both get a connection). You can walk to the centre of the City within 5-10 minutes.

But breakfast - having complained of a greasy experience last time around decided to just go "Continental" this time. This resulted in very poor (Sunny D my daughter reckoned) orange juice, generally limited choice of fruits, meats and cereals, and a lack of focus on ensuring the basics of bread and pastries were replenished regularly.

Topped off with the waiter bringing a bill to me to advise that he had tried to charge it to my room but that I had not left a credit card. I told him I had, he disappeared, he came back and apologised. But on the basis I was checking out that morning even if they did not have my credit card details they did know I was staying there and could have avoided leaving such a bad service experience by just trusting their customer to pay on checkout. It wasn't exactly an attempt to charge Louis Cristal champers to my room!

That said staff at check-in and check-out were good; will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sleep007
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very grateful for all the feedback that we receive and will certainly review the points that you have raised. Please accept our apologies for the confusion over your breafast billing.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The room was nice and the shower was amazing but I do like a bath as well personally. I had requested tea alternatives before the visit and was pleased my room had a good range of alternatives. The free mini bar is a nice touch. The wifi might as well as not exist as it is very poor and drove me mad. It connected for about 5 mins during my whole stay. The staff are all helpful and pleasent. The breakfast was a disappointment. I had the continental and it was very limited and as others say the orange juice is poor. I stayed using points and so it was good value but I wouldn't stay paying the rates they ask. I've stayed in other indigo hotels and been wowed by them so was a bit surprised this one didn't. There was nothing majorly wrong with and there are some good things but I'd only return if I got a real bargain. For the price I'm sure Glasgow has more to offer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very grateful for all the feedback that we receive.