“Hit And Miss”

Ranked #687 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bath Street Palomino is a Smokehouse Bar and Restaurant on the bustling city centre Bath Street Circuit. Food is best described as Bar-be-Cue with the restaurants cooking ethos being 'Low n Slow'. All meat products are prepared in state of the art American Smoker ovens. The pre-theatre menu offers two courses for £13.95 and an express lunch can be had from just £5. The menu features dishes like the legendary Smoke Plate platter, boasting a selection of smoked meats such as pulled pork, brisket, wings and kansas ribs. Also on offer are an appealing range of artisan pizzas, steaks and gourmet burgers. The serious, well-stocked bar offers a large selection of local and international craft beers, plus a huge selection of hard-to-find spirits. One of Glasgow's best city centre function rooms is available to hire for up to 120 people 7 days a week.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit And Miss”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Came across this restaurant by chance; as we saw it several times on the way to and from our hotel (which was just around the corner). We had high hopes for this place as I am originally from Louisiana, and the sign in the front promised Louisiana chicken wings.

The staff and the atmosphere was great, but the food was extremely average. I also found some of the items a bit pricy. £5.50 for three little chicken wings, albeit delicious, was a bit much. My son had the £17 Sirloin steak, it was nice, but was rather tough and gristly. I had the ribs and they were both delicious and reasonably priced. However, I wish it would've come with chips rather than salad and coleslaw.

When we left our bellies were nice and full, and apart few the few minor complaints mentioned it was rather nice. I would go back, but only if I was craving ribs from the smoker.

• Visited April 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Looking Place.....nothing special”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I visited the restaurant recently for a works night out and i was less than impressed by the food or restaurant layout.

There were quite a few of us and although the atmosphere was ok(self made i believe), the food seems to be burnt and lacking in portion sizes.

I have the pork belly and to be honest i could have had 3. The pork belly was tasty but the ribs were burnt, the chicken was overcooked and burnt. All the portion sizes were too small.

Given the amount of wine and other 'juices' i felt they could have been a little more generous with the portions.

It seemed over priced for what was on offer.

Quite an average place.

• Visited March 2014
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“good cocktails shame about the food”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

this was my grandsons choice for a birthday meal,menus were on the table and we were given plenty of time to make our choices unfortunately it took 45 mins for the starters to arrive another 15 minutes for the mains.the food was ok some of the chips were inedible rock hard didn't want to risk damaging teeth.the cocktails were reasonable the staff were friendly but I won't be hurrying back,desserts very nice.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow
“A Favourite”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My other half and I live right around the corner from here and love to visit for a post-work drink on a Friday. The staff are absolutely fantastic; really friendly and helpful, always great service. I am a cocktail lover and appreciate the cocktail specials at £4 which I always try and the lager/ale special is fav for him. We have eaten in here a couple of times and would highly recommend the food. Although I wouldn't fork out for the house salad again which, in my experience, was just rocket, loads of red onion and a few bits of pepper. Great atmosphere even when it's quiet. Definitely recommended!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Emma P
“Great atmosphere and service, food not so great”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Sums it up really. The deep fried food was soggy, so oil not hot enough, chips were cool almost cold, burgers average so disappointed. Place was really busy and service was good.

Visited March 2014