“Unfortunately as expected”

Ranked #660 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, British, European
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Bath Street Palomino is a Smokehouse Bar and Restaurant on the bustling city centre Bath Street Circuit. Food is best described as Bar-be-Cue with the restaurants cooking ethos being 'Low n Slow'. All meat products are prepared in state of the art American Smoker ovens. The pre-theatre menu offers two courses for £13.95 and an express lunch can be had from just £5. The menu features dishes like the legendary Smoke Plate platter, boasting a selection of smoked meats such as pulled pork, brisket, wings and kansas ribs. Also on offer are an appealing range of artisan pizzas, steaks and gourmet burgers. The serious, well-stocked bar offers a large selection of local and international craft beers, plus a huge selection of hard-to-find spirits. One of Glasgow's best city centre function rooms is available to hire for up to 120 people 7 days a week.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately as expected”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Started with deep fried picked n blue cheese & smoked wings, both good, although only 3 wings & the hot sauce is not hot sauce, but I'll let that pass cause the chicken was good. The mains we're both cold & tasteless, which just infuriates me, cause between a burger & mac n cheese, we ain't talking culinary science, a bit if salt n pepper & heat & it may have been passable, but as with most of these smoke joints, it's all ideals & no flavour, should have gone to sleazys. Sorry palominos ={

1 Thank Emma S

prestwick
“great food & very reasonable price for city centre”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had 3 course express meal plus extras & also coffees & drinks for 4 adults for less than £100.
The food was lovely and the staff were all friendly and didn't take long from ordering to service.
Would definitely recommend & would definitely go back. We all had different starters, mains & desserts and couldn't fault any of them.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lesley b
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Would go back!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I went with friends and our three young children for lunch. We all had the same pulled pork on a brioche bun, so can't comment on other dishes! We where all very surprised at how much we got considering we ordered from the set lunch menu. We where apprehensive abot the kids menu, but again we where pleased with what was on offer for the wee ones. The staff who where on, Nick and Fraser where polite and attentive and did not mind that the youngest of our party had thrown lunch on the floor! All in all we had a fab lunch and we would go back with and without our young brood!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Teresaat1975
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Tasty but small”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Myself and my fiancé went here for a meal one evening. The food was fantastic but the portions were very small for the price. We had cheesecake for dessert which was lovely but served in a small "nip" glass. The cocktails were fantastic. I would go back but I'd pick a larger course.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ZaraJClarke
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit And Miss”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Came across this restaurant by chance; as we saw it several times on the way to and from our hotel (which was just around the corner). We had high hopes for this place as I am originally from Louisiana, and the sign in the front promised Louisiana chicken wings.

The staff and the atmosphere was great, but the food was extremely average. I also found some of the items a bit pricy. £5.50 for three little chicken wings, albeit delicious, was a bit much. My son had the £17 Sirloin steak, it was nice, but was rather tough and gristly. I had the ribs and they were both delicious and reasonably priced. However, I wish it would've come with chips rather than salad and coleslaw.

When we left our bellies were nice and full, and apart few the few minor complaints mentioned it was rather nice. I would go back, but only if I was craving ribs from the smoker.

• Visited April 2014