“Italian food at it's best”
Review of Ristorante Pizzeria Bellini - CLOSED

Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Italian wine bar and restaurant, Bellini in Glasgow presents beautiful Italian cuisine, influenced by the Sorrento region of South Italy. Wines at Ristorante Pizzeria Bellini are sourced from regional producers renowned for award -winning wines, and are all available by the glass. There are a good range of fresh pizzas, along with pasta, risotto or meat and fish dishes.
Reviewed 31 May 2012

3rd return visit this year as we find this place quite special.Excellent, authentic menu,pleasant friendly atmosphere,good service,good value

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I sometimes think people forget where they are. You are in an Italian restaurant Italian staff and you think they all think like you. Some of these negative remarks..really make me wonder if some of you should have a passport. To go to Italy, you would see and taste and experience food and wine that is being served in this restaurant. I have eaten here many times and I have gotten to know the staff over the years, some of which did wok in Bacca Italia. If you think that Bella Napoli and the likes of Di Maggios gives you authentic Italian..........think again.

As to the person who complained re the Pizza running out..remember Jamies Kitchen..running out.
If it is freshly made, and a small restaurant has a run.....they may only have so much dough to make so many...so they can run out!!! rocket science it ain't.

as for staff, they are great, get in there and enjoy a nice meal.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I went here last sat nite for my Birthday dinner with friends and it was the worst meal and service I have ever had. I ordered carbonara which is my absolute favourite pasta and I was very let down, the sauce was bland the penne was too al dente and the portion size would not have satisfied my 9 year old.

The dessert was also a disaster. 5 out of 6 of us ordered pavovlas which were again the worst I have ever tasted. you could not get the fork through it and they tasted like toffee wuth runny cream.

To be honest the worst part of the meal overall was the manager/owners attitude when we complained about the dessert we were made to feel like we were in the wrong but 5 people complaining about the same dessert should tell them something.

They tried to sweeten us up with an 'apology' shot of alcohol each but we refused out of principal. We were also charged for 3 of the desserts so we never left a tip.

To conclude I would never go back there and wish I had spent my Birthday meal somewhere else like andiamos where the food and sevice is top notch!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We came here on Saturday night and were extremely disappointed with the food (much better Italian food at Battlefield Restaurant, Langside). The portions were tiny and the mussels in my seafood pasta were overcooked! I got 2 king prawns! My fellow diner's meals weren't any better. They looked liked pasta meals for a kiddie!

We ordered meringues and cream for dessert and all 6 of us agreed they were the worst meringues we've ever tasted! They were rock hard and the cream was all watery. When we complained to the boss he just replied that he's sold meringues all day and no one has ever complained! He made us feel really embarrassed and awkard.

When the bill arrived he only charged us for 3 meringues. We thought that was bad considering the other meringues were only eaten because my friends did not know where to look so they continued to hack away at the meringue because they felt uncomfortable for complaining.

We paid the bill and deliberately did not leave a tip. I do not know how the hell this place has been given some good reviews! These people clearly do not have any standards or taste buds! Neither of us will ever be returning and I suggest the owner watches Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares from now!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My friend and I popped in for a pre-theatre meal last Friday night, expecting a cheap and cheerful Italian meal. Only the former was achieved! The minestrone soup starter was dull, tasteless and very disappointing. I've tasted better from a supermarket tin. The sea bass main I ordered came with a lemon & caper sauce which was so bitter, it was inedible. I don't mean that it was bitter for my taste I mean it was foul tasting to any palette! My friend confirmed this. I tried to explain this to the waitress, but before I'd had the chance to explain what was wrong, she had grabbed my plate and stomped off to the kitchen. She returned minutes later with the same plate of food, minus the sauce which had clearly been scraped off the fish! I politely asked another waiter for another dish, which was done promptly and the chicken was pleasant enough but not very exciting.
The waitress did come over later to apologise for her earlier rude behaviour, which was appreciated, but since this was our 1st visit to the restaurant we were shocked by our treatment and the poor standard of the food.
For Italian food in Shawlands I'll be going to Bella Napoli in future.