“Charming and makes you feel welcome!”

Cathedral House Hotel
Ranked #79 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 28 October 2006

I read about this hotel in Fodor's and it was everything they said.
Next to the large cathedral in Glasgow and located in the merchant district, the building has lots of history and is easy to locate from the main freeway. Downtown is about a 10 minute walk.
The hotel rooms were updated, the bathroom was clean and everything worked.
The staff went out of their way to help me, including using their office computer, cooking sticky pudding long after the restuarant was closed, and the breakfast was good. They even let us keep our car in the carpark long after we had checked out.
The stairs to the hotel which is located above the pub, is like an old tower steps, so if you have a lot of luggage edit it.

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank monkeyjewelry
There are newer reviews for Cathedral House Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2006

The hotel's website makes this seem like a charming little place, but it is disappointing. The reception is basically the bar and when I arrived struggling with a huge case, I was studiously ignored and then when I finally grabbed someone's attention I was told that the bar was too busy and I'd have to wait to check in. I was given no information about breakfast, local info and had to ask how to find my room - and was offered no assistance with my case up the 4 flights of narrow spiral stairs. I felt like I was checking in to a backpackers hostel. The room was ok - apart from the grubby and tired bathroom complete with someone else's old toothbrush still on the sink! There was no blind or curtain on one of the two huge windows - not helpful when there is a streetlamp just outside. Plus the original windows were nailed open meaning that only the secondary glazing inside offered a slight protection from traffic noise. Its a shame because it is a lovely old building in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank LAA003
Maybole
Reviewed 3 March 2006

I stayed for one night and will certainly be back. The accommodation was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable with fabulous views. I had the full Scottish breakfast and it was fantastic. I was sorry I didnt have the opportunity to stay for dinner I will on my next visit.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to see the true friendly face of Glasgow.I have stayed many times in city centre Hotels and have found The Cathedral House Hotel my favourite.

Stayed: March 2006