“As expected for a Travelodge”

Travelodge Glasgow Central
Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here a few nights ago in a double bedded room. Fairly decent sized room, nice shower and the bed was very comfy!
One issue I had upon arrival though at 1.30pm was that I had to pay £10 to check in 90 minutes earlier. I know Travelodge specify this on their website but other hotels have allowed me to check in earlier if rooms were available, but still they do specify this charge so no big deal.
Location is about 10-mins walk to the train station (central)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed here before years ago and had a top floor room that was a bit pokey, if I remmember rightly it had a sloped ceiling which made it feel a bit cramped, the room on his occasion was fine. The location is ideal, a minute walk onto Sauchiehall Street and 5 minutes from Buchanan Street Bus Station. There was a lot of noise from workmen outside the hotel in the morning, but I think it's fair to expect a fair degree of noise in any city centre hotel
I was in Glasgow for The Celtic v Barcelona game and whereas I tend to choose Premier Inns, they were twice the cost on this particular night , I paid £45 for the room which was a bargain. On the downside you cannot check in until 3pm and I ended up paying an extra £10 to be able to check in at 12pm. (although you don't have to check out until 12 which is very good)
The one thing that was disappointing was there is no left luggage facility, which I would have thought was pretty standard in any hotel, so I ended up using the bus stations facilities for £5, so my £45 room, ended up costing me £60 in effect, still cheaper than the Premier Inns, but it will be something I consider when I next travel to Glasgow later this month.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently for three nights. It is Ideally located in the main town and most places are close by. The rooms were a bit small but reasonably well furnished. There was a TV, Tea Kettle with the usual tea and coffee bags,sugar and milk.
The bathroom too was nice. This being a budget hotel did not offer any toiletries, or slippers or bath robes. There was no intercom/phone in the room. A bit noisy in the room especially whenever the adjoining room doors were opened or closed.
We hardly saw or heard the hotel staff and came in only to spend the nights. House keeping was nice and our rooms were always well maintained in our absence. We did not have any meals at the hotel so not much can be said about the food,
Nice and friendly staff at the reception. Check in and out were smooth. Overall it was a nice stay and value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravimark1
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights this time 27th & 28th Sept 2013 , traveled by car and parked in the multi storey on oposite side of the street , parked Fri -1800 left carpark on Sunday 11.30and with the hotel guest rebate it only cost £17.30 which i though was a bargain for city parking ! but you must get your ticket verified before leaving at hotel reception . The room the first night was very small but very clean and tidy , we asked in the morning if there was any chance of a biger room and got transfered to a bigger oom no problem . the breakfast , self service buffet was as good as it gets and the hotel is as central as the name says . The staff are the most friendly we've met . overall exellent stay . would highly recomend . in fact booked in for 3 nights in Novemember !!

Room Tip: room 305 was good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I booked into this hotel because of its proximity to the Royal Conservatorie.
It was fine and comfortable, internet access was good but the rooms were very dusty. So much so that I was actually hoarse when I was speaking.
I am pretty sensitive to these types of things but if a hotel is cleaned each day, as they usually are then this shouldn't be a problem

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent 5 days in the hotel while the refurbishment was going on. Full marks to Head Office who e-mailed me a few weeks before arriving to warn me of the refurbishment. Very friendly staff who actually listened to what customers had to say. I was brought up in Glasgow so knew my way about but on many occasions the staff went out of their way to ensure customers could get where they wanted to and came up with some good ideas. The rooms are basic but gave us all that we needed for a decent stay. The new beds are very comfortable. The hotel is very convenient for the city centre with great shopping (should that be your thing) within easy walking distance. We'll be back next time we visit Glasgow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is one of Travelodge's refurbished hotels and because of this it's good: comfortable rooms with plenty of space to work (I spent quite a lot of time doing work in my room), and a good and reasonably priced food menu. It's in central Glasgow and opposite what appears to be some kind of student squat and yes there is a bit of noise on a Saturday night but the rooms are well insulated so it shouldn't bother you too much. Staff polite but (with one exception) not particularly friendly. If there's one thing Travelodge can improve on it's this. I'm due back in Glasgow again soon, would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business