“Perfect location”

Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Abbotsford, Canada
“Perfect location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in a family room. It was adequate accommodation. Nothing fancy. But we were mainly sightseeing, not hanging around the hotel. The room was clean. Everything worked. We were a short stroll to the pedestrianized Sauchiehall Street. Fabulous! Booked months ahead and got rock bottom rates. I am a Travelodge fan for that reason.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EuropeandBack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Stranraer, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed there 02/10/2013
We were in glasgow for the rod stewart concert, just dumped our luggage and went out, so it was late that night b4 we noticed anything was wrong. Bathroom door wouldn't close, smoke alarm hanging by a thread, oh, and the doozey, i found a broken e-cig in the bed. I'd just moved the duvet and found 2 cylinder lumps under the sheet, and that was what i found ontop of the mattress. This to me says that the bed had not been changed!!
But according to customer services, my standards are to high

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kirsty m
Nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here a few nights ago in a double bedded room. Fairly decent sized room, nice shower and the bed was very comfy!
One issue I had upon arrival though at 1.30pm was that I had to pay £10 to check in 90 minutes earlier. I know Travelodge specify this on their website but other hotels have allowed me to check in earlier if rooms were available, but still they do specify this charge so no big deal.
Location is about 10-mins walk to the train station (central)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed here before years ago and had a top floor room that was a bit pokey, if I remmember rightly it had a sloped ceiling which made it feel a bit cramped, the room on his occasion was fine. The location is ideal, a minute walk onto Sauchiehall Street and 5 minutes from Buchanan Street Bus Station. There was a lot of noise from workmen outside the hotel in the morning, but I think it's fair to expect a fair degree of noise in any city centre hotel
I was in Glasgow for The Celtic v Barcelona game and whereas I tend to choose Premier Inns, they were twice the cost on this particular night , I paid £45 for the room which was a bargain. On the downside you cannot check in until 3pm and I ended up paying an extra £10 to be able to check in at 12pm. (although you don't have to check out until 12 which is very good)
The one thing that was disappointing was there is no left luggage facility, which I would have thought was pretty standard in any hotel, so I ended up using the bus stations facilities for £5, so my £45 room, ended up costing me £60 in effect, still cheaper than the Premier Inns, but it will be something I consider when I next travel to Glasgow later this month.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently for three nights. It is Ideally located in the main town and most places are close by. The rooms were a bit small but reasonably well furnished. There was a TV, Tea Kettle with the usual tea and coffee bags,sugar and milk.
The bathroom too was nice. This being a budget hotel did not offer any toiletries, or slippers or bath robes. There was no intercom/phone in the room. A bit noisy in the room especially whenever the adjoining room doors were opened or closed.
We hardly saw or heard the hotel staff and came in only to spend the nights. House keeping was nice and our rooms were always well maintained in our absence. We did not have any meals at the hotel so not much can be said about the food,
Nice and friendly staff at the reception. Check in and out were smooth. Overall it was a nice stay and value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ravimark1
Skye
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights this time 27th & 28th Sept 2013 , traveled by car and parked in the multi storey on oposite side of the street , parked Fri -1800 left carpark on Sunday 11.30and with the hotel guest rebate it only cost £17.30 which i though was a bargain for city parking ! but you must get your ticket verified before leaving at hotel reception . The room the first night was very small but very clean and tidy , we asked in the morning if there was any chance of a biger room and got transfered to a bigger oom no problem . the breakfast , self service buffet was as good as it gets and the hotel is as central as the name says . The staff are the most friendly we've met . overall exellent stay . would highly recomend . in fact booked in for 3 nights in Novemember !!

Room Tip: room 305 was good