Travelodge Glasgow Central
US$329
US$320
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$278
US$390
US$340
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$366
US$294
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$165
Agoda.com
US$204
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewshill streettravel lodgeroom was cleanfamily roombus stationearly checkminute walkmain shoppingcomfortable stayan overnight staytea and coffeecar parkexcellent staystayed for one nightreceptionnightlifeconcert
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was looking for somewhere for an affordable night away, we tend to stay in premiere inns but seeing the adverts for travel lodge and the difference in price we decided to stay at this hotel and can honestly say it's the worst place I've ever stayed.
The rooms are advertised as recently refurbished.....who by I don't know but they are shocking. Every thing is artexed with large plaster filled holes.
The "new" bed was broken and when you lay on it your feet were higher than your head.
The bed side lamp hung upside down and constantly buzzed.
There was a "unused old" smoke alarm hanging from the ceiling with exposed wires.
When I complained we were moved rooms to a bigger room which again was artexed everywhere and incredibly stuffy, we did open the velux window which then leaked.
The icing on the cake to the stay was the ice cold shower with a broken shower trim.
I can honestly say the best thing about the stay here was going home . In future I'll spend the little bit extra and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leesa c
Reviewed 20 August 2014

To get the positive things out of the way first, this is a good location, close to all that is happening in Glasgow.
Sadly the hotel is tired both inside and out, and I didn't find any of the friendly staff that other reviewers discovered. Rooms to the rear are noisy due to air handling units running on the roof, but at least there's no street noise. My shower had more water escaping from it than reaching the shower head & the temperature control had a mind of its own.
Still, it's a Travel Lodge, so maybe we shouldn't expect too much, but £90 room only, just because the Pipe Band Championships were in town seemed well over the top.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Isaac B
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Booked to stay here between the 15th and the 18th of August but due to being double booked we were moved to the Travelodge on Paisley Road for one night on the 15th. This was a slight inconvience but we got over it as all our transport was provided by taxis at no expense. The staff at both Hotels were more than helpful and because of our inconvenience we were given two breakfasts for free and a free drink while waiting on our first taxi. When we checked out of Paisley road my girlfriend forgot her phone. We didnt notice this until late Saturday evening and when we went down to get them to ring they handed the phone over straight away as it had already been sent over by the Paisley road hotel. We didn't eat dinner here so cannot comment on that but the service at the bar was always very swift and precise. Travelodge Glasgow Central is in a great location. 5 minutes from all the nightlife on Sauchiehall Street and 5 minutes from your shopping on The Style Mile. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly service from all staff no matter the hour - quick check in - a nice modern look to the hotel once inside - room was just a room, nice big comfy bed, bathroom and a television, all I was looking for! Bit pricey this time around but I have a feeling this was due to the Glasgow pipe band festival being on. Would definatly stay again & recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I came up with my 83 year old mother who orignally comes from glasgow who hasnt been bk home for 20 odd years the room was lovely and clean and staff were brillant lovely ppl my mam was over the moon on the freindlness and welcome we got i defo return and recommend to my friends on this travel lodge

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family