“Perfect location”

Ranked #48 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Kent, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Typical travelodge , easy to locate , right in the heart of city centre , convenient for shops, pubs, restaurants and also for highland tours.
Rooms are average but no complaints as the prices are reasonable .
Good for a quick city stay when you just want a room to spend a night .
Walkable distance from the train station .

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip, on first impressions, a nice clean, bright hotel that has just received a very good revamp.

I settled in my room, comfy bed and quite roomy.
I went down to the bar for my evening meal, and went for the 2 courses and a drink for £12.75p.
Which I thought was very reasonable, until it arrived! potato skins to start and lasagne with salad and garlic bread for the main, no sooner had I ordered it the skins arrived, obviously a microwave hobby, small, tasteless and easily forgotten, then the lasagne came with the side salad and no garlic bread, I asked the waiter to bring the garlic bread, which promptly arrived and can only be described as two half bricks! And the lasagne was cold! I was offered drinks in replacement as I didn't want to try any other cullinary delights that was on the menu, and was poured a pint of cloudy beer which I swiftly returned,

The manager Michael was very apologetic and gave me a full refund.

Would I stay again, yes, nice cheap hotel, would I eat here again, sorry it's a no from me

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RedBilly
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Well we stayed in this hotel due to its location. Which was good, not to far away from the city center with easy access off the motorway. There is parking just down the street for £12 a night. The hotel has recently been renovated according to travellodge own website. The room we were in was still artexed walls but had new paint. The bed was firm but comfortable. The bathroom was basic with a liquid soap dispenser and the same for shower gel. Tea making, only two tea bags. The room was small and warm no a/c. Only one lift was working and the rooms were noisy at night. I know travelodge dont claim to be 5*, but for the price as we did not book month's in advance only 4-6weeks prior I thought it was expensive for what it was. We did not stay for breakfast we tried the little cafe opposite. Plenty of food places near subway, and other fast food places.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rmg95
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It's a standard Travelodge and everything I expected. Check in was easy and friendly, room was spotless and comfy and had everything we needed (towels, soaps, tv, tea and coffees). The location is about 15 min walk uphill from Queen Street station and easy to find.
For 2 nights (thu and fri nights) it cost two of us £140 - a bit pricy for Travelodge.
The first night there was a lot of noise outside for most of the night / early morning. People I assume to be guests yelling and playing music very loud. I heard other people complain and someone from the hotel telling them the "keep it down" but without much authority or luck. I understand groups of people who are drunk can be intimidating but it disturbed our sleep and others, maybe security on weekend would be a good idea?
Luckily check out was 12pm so we could lie in!
I would stay again, just need improvement on noise control!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Reasonable hotel with friendly staff. Parking wasn't included so parked over the road in the multi storey which was suitable and reasonable.The location was good for the city centre, the area felt very safe and there is a Subway 10 metres away for cheap alternative breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Andrew O
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The staff were friendly and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them, despite being very busy. The room was good and well maintained, and the bed was comfortable. We also used the food and drink facilities on the ground floor and found them to be good value. The service was good and the food well cooked. The hotel is close to shops and supermarkets and public transport. The main bus station is only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was looking for somewhere for an affordable night away, we tend to stay in premiere inns but seeing the adverts for travel lodge and the difference in price we decided to stay at this hotel and can honestly say it's the worst place I've ever stayed.
The rooms are advertised as recently refurbished.....who by I don't know but they are shocking. Every thing is artexed with large plaster filled holes.
The "new" bed was broken and when you lay on it your feet were higher than your head.
The bed side lamp hung upside down and constantly buzzed.
There was a "unused old" smoke alarm hanging from the ceiling with exposed wires.
When I complained we were moved rooms to a bigger room which again was artexed everywhere and incredibly stuffy, we did open the velux window which then leaked.
The icing on the cake to the stay was the ice cold shower with a broken shower trim.
I can honestly say the best thing about the stay here was going home . In future I'll spend the little bit extra and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.