“dirty, horrible and very dangerous”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Globetrotters Hostel Glasgow
Barcelona, Spain
“dirty, horrible and very dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

The recepcionist and his boss are always drunk and drug. I can´t believed the authorities alowed this dangerous place, I went alone, and I practically have to scape from that horrible place, someone advice me to do it. Please don´t go, it´s really dangerous. I have to go to the police and put my statement.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank chuchi33
seejLaPalma, Guest Relations Manager at Globetrotters Hostel Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
As you appear to be one of agroup of reviewers who joined tripadvisor to write just one review which is so skewed ,we are sorry but cant really believe this is genuine.

istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

I had to stay over here just because the hostel we asked for a place didn't have any and guided us here. There were sigarette butts and platic bags behind the sofa in the room that we slept. So, I had even doubts if they had changed the bed linens. I nevers used the shower or toilets because they were disgusting.
The worst thing is coming now. Next day, I was back to home and I started to itch in the afternoon. Now, I have many red spots on my arms and neck and shoulders. Itchiness is killing me. I went to doctor and she said I had been bitten by something! So, there were not just me and my friends in the room but also fleas! You can see my arms on the attached photo!
In short, don't ever go to that hostel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank fasulyeciyan

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

this hostel is one of the worst one ever: dirty, dirty, dirty, delapidated ...

more over, the boss never paye his staff

please avoid it !!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank matrix901
Cascais
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

Adorei.. A simpatia do dono foi realmente espectacular, e sem duvida alguma tenciono voltar. 'E um lar quentinho e muito acolhedor.. Perto do centro, it couldnt be better!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank RodrigoSBBM
Bad Salzuflen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

worst accommodation ever booked, very filthy, disgusting shower rooms, dirty linen, no staff around when needed. sorry, I wouldn't recommend it at all

Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

As we registered trays of sherry and port came round with mince meat pies and shortbread ,a special welcoming touch for hogmonay ,The staff had arranged our new years eve dinner {we were 28} with a special discount and the spectacle of enjoying Newyear in Glasgow just got better an better.Glasgow is the only city in Scotland to have both a koreanchurch and restaurant and they and the staff of both the Glasgow backpackers and Rucksacks worked really hard to make our first visit to Scotland a great experience assisting us with tickets,boat trip to the kings of scotland former private island ;-Bute ,loch lomond and Edinburgh.:-such wonder so close to the big city,although we stayed in two other hostels around the highlands and Inverness this one bar the bunked dorms was more like a hotel in its facilities.thanks very much and good new year to korean church and glasgow backpackers.Also thanks for good group discounts everywhere.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank whereishelen
Hannover, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

My friend and me had to stay a night in Glasgow in September 08 on the way. We reserved via phone beds in the cheapest (12bed) dorm, but when we arrived at the appointed time (22 o'clock) the girl at the "reception" (which looked more than a dingy internet cafe) pointed out that there were only more expensive beds left. We refused paying more than appointed, and went through with it (the only good point about the night there), so we were guided through a grubby cellar maze and brought into a mixed eight bed dorm. Our bunk bed was standing in the wrong direction, with the ladder directly at the wall, so I could not use it for reaching my upper bed. There was an extra toilet at the end of the floor, with a non-lockable door, a vestibule with planks leaning at the wall, with a sink as wash-bowl and no working light. There was a door without door leaf to the twin toilet (two toilet bowls without separating wall), but here at least the light worked ...

Never seen such a hostel before. We were able to sleep, but I would not spend my money again for this if it would not be absolute necessary. Especially with the aspect that for the money we should originally have got a night in a 12 bed dorm. We were happy to leave early at the next morning ...

Okay was only the location; even by foot within reasonable reach of the stations we needed on both ways (Central and Buchanan Street). But do yourself a favour and look for another accommodation in Glasgow.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends