Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,265 results
All reviewscupcakesunion streetcup cakesglass rooffresh milkcentral stationground coffeecaledonian chambersoffice buildingceiling fanhome made ice creamsky boxarran aromaticssitting roomstation rooflittle touchestop floor
Reviewed 10 February 2012

First of all I’d like to comment on the negative reviews about the entrance door, noise and that it was hard to find - ridiculous!! So what if you have to call to get a code to enter the building - I was happy about this as it meant added security. Surely this is a good thing! Furthermore, when you are going to ANY hotel (or anywhere for that matter) you always check the address you are going to, so this hotel was not at all hard to find, 30 seconds from central station and there is a flag hanging above the door!! Lastly, the noise. There were some tannoy announcements in the station that I heard now and again, (no later than 10pm) but with the windows closed and watching TV, I didn’t notice them at all. No street noise or traffic noise at all. Perfect!
My other half and I stayed for 2 nights over a weekend and loved it, thought the room was perfect for our needs, lovely fresh and clean with modern & stylish furniture. On arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff that showed us to our room personally which was a nice touch and they told us the times for breakfast each day. Complimentary sweets and water were provided for us and I have to say, the cafetière of coffee and FRESH milk on request was great!! All we had to do was ask for top ups of milk, tea, coffee etc and it was given without question. I borrowed the hair dryer a couple of times and was offered straighteners and ironing board etc, anything I wanted I could get on request.
The bed was comfortable and the feather down pillows and duvet were excellent, large flat screen TV was brilliant and the Sky HD package with all sports and movie channels was excellent - we didn’t leave the hotel room for two days!! The bathroom was lovely & clean, lots of soft fluffy clean white towels and a large power shower which was excellent. All in all, I thought it was a good use of the space each room had.
I didn’t even notice there wasn’t a wardrobe until I read these reviews AFTER my stay. Just goes to show you don’t actually need it, all your clothes can hang on the hangers, and it doesn’t make any difference!!
Breakfast was delicious, the staff were so friendly and helpful and asked me each morning which kind of eggs I would like with my breakfast and anything I wanted, they would accommodate me. Large choice of cereals, juice, yoghurts, fruit and fresh breads for the toast which was appreciated. Cooked breakfasts, eggs, sausage, bacon and tomato, unlimited fresh pots of coffee and tea and individual little pots of jams, marmalade and sugar.
On our last morning I asked the manager if I could check out late as I was watching the end of a film, he said "of course" and even asked me how the film went. Very friendly and attentive! My Partner and I had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend to anyone! Thank you to all the staff at the Grasshoppers Hotel who made us feel welcome, and at home. See you again soon!!

Room Tip: The view from our room was above the station roof and it shows a crackin' view of Glasgow!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great little hotel very close to Central Station slightly hidden away on the 6th floor of an office building.Ideal car parking just down the street get your ticket verified by hotel and you get 24 hrs for £6.Hotel appeared new and surroundings were all very modern,Check in and check out speedy with no problems .Good size bedroom with a fab bed and good size toilet and shower.Rooms have that nice balance between modern fixtures tastefully inserted into a traditonal style building.Breakfast was very good with differaint types of milk,italian bread ,sausages and bacon with eggs cooked to type and order,The usual cereal and fruit juices etc etc.Staff were all very attentive to your needs without being obtrusive.All in all a great little hotel and ideal for that city centre break

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel is located just a few steps from the Glasgow Main Railway Station. The entrance to the hotel is a bit hidden and the hotel is located at the sixth floor of the building.

The hotel looks modern and new , we were offered fresh milk whenever we needed it for our tea and coffee.Nice touch with the fresh coffee, water and wee treat . The staff was really attentive and helpful. ... Check-in/out quick and without any problems.

We stayed 2 nights in a twin room . Room itself was large enough for 2 , nice comfortable beds, clean. Also the bathroom was large and clean, with nice shower.
During the night yhere was a wee bit noise from the street below , but soon quietened down.
Breakfast were OK, tea, coffee, eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit etc.Staff on hand to serve you whatever you wanted.
One downside no wardrobe but not a real problem.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bomshakka
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Lovely hotel right next to central station. Slightly tricky to find and on the 6th floor, but once found was an ideal location for the centre shops and restaurants. Hotel room was modern, clean, bed was comfortable and nice crisp bedlinen. Bathroom was very clean, not massive but shower itself was spacious.
Fresh milk was provided on request and there were kitkats and sweets provided too.Breakfast was lovely, really nice bread and help yourself buffet with eggs made to order.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and gave us tips on where to eat and what to see.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the station glass roof, not the best view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

A group of friends and I stopped over for two nights. Location was excellent for shopping and nights out. The breakfast was amazing, and fresh coffee, tea and milk was available in all rooms (plus a packet of smarties). The rooms were very clean and all had sky HD. Only problem was an issue with the booking, which wasn't the hotels fault; however the staff were very apologetic and helpful in rectifying the problem. I would definately stop there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends