“great location, artwork, cupcakes ... so kind when I was ill!”

Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed as a group of friends on a cultural visit to Glasgow: location, decor and artwork were brilliant, as we'd been led to expect from the person who'd recommended it to us. But I fell ill with the flu on the first night of our visit and had to stay in bed while my friends went sightseeing on day 2 :(. The hotel staff were so kind, insisting that it would be fine for me to stay in bed undisturbed all day. They made up a fabulous breakfast on a tray and arranged with my friend when would be the best time to deliver it to my sickbed (I forced it down ;) ). The staff were so kind and helpful. Falling ill and being bedbound (even with the benefits of a huge tv with Sky) wasn't what I'd planned for our citybreak ...but I don't think I could have picked a better place to do it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Don't be put off my the less than glamorous entrance hall which smells of the adjacent Indian restaurant because once you ascend to the 6th floor, where the hotel is located, it is like a different world. Friendly and welcoming staff, very relaxed atmosphere and cup cakes to help yourself to in the hall what more could you want? Rooms are spotlessly clean with quality fittings and sky sports and movies on the tv is a bonus. High speed broadband is included. Breakfast is good and dinner at £13.50 for 2 courses is excellent value and is very good. All in all great place to stay and good location as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend for the night. We were a bit early but the helpful receptionist took our bags so we could head out shopping till the room was ready. Room was brilliant and having sky-hd with sports and movies was a really nice touch. The shower was amazing, I could have stayed under it for hours. Breakfast was also really nice, with a selection of cereals, fruit and bread aswell as the cooked items. Really enjoyed staying here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A great hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Above Central Station but we didn't hear a thing over-night unlike many other city centre hotels we've stayed in.
Staff were very friendly, helpful and the room was spacious. The E/S was great - the best hotel shower I've ever had!
Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Overall a really good hotel right in the city centre at a great price. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was recently at this hotel with some colleagues & the general consensus was that it was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious, bright & modern. The hotel was so central that we could walk to most places we wanted to go to. The staff were pleasant, friendly & helpful. The food was also top notch. Next time I visit Glasgow, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, we arrived early and got checked in early. Very helpful receptionist. Hotel is very nicely laid out and the room was superb. Beds very comfy. Fresh milk and gorgeous cupcakes a nice touch. Sky movies and sports. Hotel very quiet for being right in the centre off Glasgow. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived via the Airlink bus from the airport and it was only a short walk away via the front of the station. When looking for it, look for the huge banner/flag that hangs over the entrance. The ground floor lobby is for an office block of train companies and the hotel is on the top floor. The shabby lobby and lift isn't replicated when you get to the right floor. One comment I'd make is just a few signs pointing the way to reception that's tucked away in a passageway.

Staff are very helpful at all times and told us about all the facilities. Great to have fresh milk offered for tea/coffee in the rooms instead of UHT tubs. They went well with the cupcakes that appeared in the lobby from the afternoon until evening.

The rooms are good, decent size. I was a tad disappointed that my sky box wasn't fully functioning, ie no record or pause facility. Oddly it wouldn't get E4HD up. But we weren't there to watch tv. Bed very comfortable but there was a bit of noise from the street.

Breakfast very nice and freshly cooked. Better than some posh hotels I've stayed in!

It's a very central hotel and as long as you don't mind the shabby street, ground floor lobby and lift, you'll love it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple