“A truly great hotel!”

Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #5 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 8 June 2014

As other reviews have said, do not be put off by the front door of this hotel, when you get upstairs you find an immaculate hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Bedrooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, Sky TV in every room, very good shower (much needed after a very wet day in Glasgow!). Breakfast is delicious, self-service but very fresh and not sweaty food which has been sat out for hours like in most chain hotels. My room overlooked Glasgow Central Station but was very quiet, my colleague was at the front of the hotel and found it a bit noisy but not loud enough to keep them awake. On arrival we were asked if we wanted fresh coffee and milk for our rooms, I was swiftly delivered a thermos of skimmed milk - no UHT milk here - just brilliant!

I stayed for one night on business and will definitely book again when I'm next in Glasgow. I was so bowled over by how lovely this place was I found myself racking my brains to find anything which could be a fault...the only thing I could think of was there was no bath mat - a small point I know but I couldn't think of anything else, it is just such a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SRae15
Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Was impressed by staff and how nice everyone was. My room was on the small side but had all the comforts of home so made up for size. Shower in room very good. Didn't get milk sent to room for tea and coffee and there are no phones on room to phone reception to ask. Ended up buying milk for me and sisters to share. Breakfast was excellent. Overall I would def stay here again but would book a double room as not that much more but a lot more room.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed as a group of friends on a cultural visit to Glasgow: location, decor and artwork were brilliant, as we'd been led to expect from the person who'd recommended it to us. But I fell ill with the flu on the first night of our visit and had to stay in bed while my friends went sightseeing on day 2 :(. The hotel staff were so kind, insisting that it would be fine for me to stay in bed undisturbed all day. They made up a fabulous breakfast on a tray and arranged with my friend when would be the best time to deliver it to my sickbed (I forced it down ;) ). The staff were so kind and helpful. Falling ill and being bedbound (even with the benefits of a huge tv with Sky) wasn't what I'd planned for our citybreak ...but I don't think I could have picked a better place to do it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Don't be put off my the less than glamorous entrance hall which smells of the adjacent Indian restaurant because once you ascend to the 6th floor, where the hotel is located, it is like a different world. Friendly and welcoming staff, very relaxed atmosphere and cup cakes to help yourself to in the hall what more could you want? Rooms are spotlessly clean with quality fittings and sky sports and movies on the tv is a bonus. High speed broadband is included. Breakfast is good and dinner at £13.50 for 2 courses is excellent value and is very good. All in all great place to stay and good location as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend for the night. We were a bit early but the helpful receptionist took our bags so we could head out shopping till the room was ready. Room was brilliant and having sky-hd with sports and movies was a really nice touch. The shower was amazing, I could have stayed under it for hours. Breakfast was also really nice, with a selection of cereals, fruit and bread aswell as the cooked items. Really enjoyed staying here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A great hotel in the centre of Glasgow. Above Central Station but we didn't hear a thing over-night unlike many other city centre hotels we've stayed in.
Staff were very friendly, helpful and the room was spacious. The E/S was great - the best hotel shower I've ever had!
Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Overall a really good hotel right in the city centre at a great price. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was recently at this hotel with some colleagues & the general consensus was that it was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious, bright & modern. The hotel was so central that we could walk to most places we wanted to go to. The staff were pleasant, friendly & helpful. The food was also top notch. Next time I visit Glasgow, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business