“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Heritage Hotel

The Heritage Hotel
Ranked #60 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked a triple room for myself and two friends for a night out in Glasgow. I accidentally booked the room twice because my computer crashed, but the issue was resolved with minutes of me sending an email to the hotel. At £80 for the night we weren't expecting much, but we received a warm welcome and were impressed when we opened the door to our room - it was very spacious with the huge windows and high ceilings typical of Glasgow Georgian terraces. And most importantly, the beds were very comfortable. All in all, it was much more than we were expecting. We ended up leaving in a hurry the next morning, as one of my friends was ill, so we didn't get to fully appreciate the breakfast (I ran into the breakfast room on the way out and grabbed a couple of bananas and a yoghurt!). Judging from some of the other reviews, this seems to be one of the only negative points about the hotel, but since I didn't try it, I can't comment. However, for £80 a night, it wouldn't bother me too much if it wasn't perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The room was fine, but the noise from the street kept us up for some of the night. The shower was barely warm enough for a shower. Be aware that there is a hike up to your room with your bags as there is no elevator, so pack lightly or start weight training in order to carry your bags up. The breakfast was great with a lot of options including, cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt, cheese, fresh buns, eggs, sausage, OJ, tea, coffee etc. There are only 3 parking places at the back of the hotel, if your don't get one you need to park on the street.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pauline M
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

What a fantastic small hotel. Situated in two classic Georgian terrage hotels. Both the bedrooms and public rooms have been well renovated, but they original decorative style. My bedroom was suprisingly large for a single room, well decorated, clean, cotton sheets on the bed, fluffy cotton towels in the bathroom, well lit (including a reading light over the bed), lots of power sockets. Good breakfast. It just doesn't get any better.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

How this hotel got a three star rating I will never know....we arrived to find the outside strewn with litter and broken glass. At this point we actually thought about not going in at all but it was early evening and we were guests at a wedding. The bathroom was not even big enough to swing a kitten nevermind a cat! We were on the ground floor and the sash windows had no locks. The heat in the room was stifling. The noise levels were dreadful all night long. The staff at breakfast were unfriendly. One member of staff was eating and popping toast in the toaster without washing her hands. The radiators were on in the dining room and the heat was unbearable. There was a television set with football blaring out and it was 8.30am. I didnt eat the breakfast i felt to nauseous with the heat, smell of grease and noise!!! I was out of there by 9.00am. If this is a three star hotel i would hate to see a one star!! How this is on visit scotland website i will never know. I would have been scared to walk back there in the dark on my own and my feet would have been cut to ribbons on all the broken glass outside the front door!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank rrrosielee
Huon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We found this place on the net a day before our stay. It is excellent value for money. The rooms are nice and seem modern. Just excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is a really nice budget variant for 2-3 days. It is located just some blocks away from Charles Rennie Mackintosh house, Kelvingrove museum and University of Glasgow. Hefty breakfast servings, clean and very spacious room.

It took us an 1,5 hour to find this place, because it is located in upper terrace and even locals had no idea where it was. So keep this in mind and search this location with GPS. Lack of elevator is a disavantage especially for those who have heavy luggage. Separate hot & cold faucets/taps in sink was an unpleasant surprise for us.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Paid £49 for a double room here recently (via Laterooms) which is a great price and currently beats others in the Great Western Road vicinity for price, location and cleanliness,

Our room on the second floor was spacious and spotless but I did have two minor complaints. The first was the shower, which looked liked an all singing, all dancing power shower which in reality was pretty poor and either scalding or cool. The second was the lack of a mirror in the room. There was one in the bathroom but thats no good for us girlies who need to to blow dry and straighten our hair. I did raise this with the receptionist who said she would see what she could do but said it was doubtful that one could be moved from another room as they were screwed to the wall. Surely a mirror should be in EVERY room over the dressing table?

Anyway, regardless of the above, I will consider returning on my next visit, unless I can find a cheaper deal, and will request a room with a mirror!

Parking at the back of the hotel was limited but luckily we managed to get a space. Unfortunately the back alley is quite dirty and many of the bins were oversplilling (not the hotel's) with food scattered across it.

Finally, overslept and missed breakfast so can't comment on the turkey rasher / rubbery egg situation!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple