US$322
US$273
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$293
US$259
Priceline
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat western roadwest endbyres roadcooked breakfastno liftcity centrebotanic gardenshillhead subway stationsingle roomhour receptiontop floorbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomclean roomspriced hotelsized roombudget hotel
Reviewed 10 May 2009

This hotel is excellent value in a great location! My room was clean and a good size. Staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a good breakfast. What more do you need?
My room had obviously just been decorated and I noticed another room being painted while I was there. After looking on-line for a good deal I paid £40 for a twin room on a Saturday night and that couldn't be beaten by any other hotels in the area. I would definitely recommend it and plan to stay again. There is limited parking but this would not put me off.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2009

The hotel is in a great location, near to Byres Road and the Botanic Gardens, and an easy journey by underground or bus to the City centre. My room was comfortable and reasonably clean. The staff were friendly and helpfu. As I stayed four nights, I was able to negotiate a discount and so the room was excellent value. The biggest disappointment was the cooked breakfast - turkey rasher and cheap beef sausage - horrible! Even the staff seemed a bit embarrassed to have to serve it! Because of its convenient location and friendly staff, I would consider going back - but I think I would rather find somewhere that serves a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Booked through Tourist Information in Queens Square. They charged £4 plus the 10% deposit for the booking service, which I assume they also retain? I recommend booking this or other Glasgow hotels direct/
internet as I didn't find the Tourist Information service of an acceptable standard, in either choice/location of hotels or information, i.e. providing a useful map. As for the hotel...

All encounters with the staff were friendly and helpful!

The room was spacious, nicely decorated, and clean, small TV with 5 channels.

Not the best cooked breakfast you'll ever have, but the service and ambience is fine. Weekday breakfast times 0700-0830 isn't very tourist friendly.

The location is central, but not city centre. It's easy to get a bus or underground train to the centre, but can be walked in 25-30 minutes. The frontage/surroundings of the hotel were litter-strewn and whilst this isn't the hotel's fault, it does leave a negative impression.

In summary, a respectable place and location, and decent budget value. Possibly better for budget-conscious business than tourism.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 July 2008

The young lady on reception was trying her best but for someone in hospitality she was far behind, the wi fi which is advertised exists if you have the patience to wait for it and then it comes and goes all the time, needs booster??? they have a 24 hour reception but the noise from 1am onwards was a disgrace for people who wanted to sleep, and couldn"t and even the heat in the rooms was unbearable (air condition needed) the breakfast was not Scottish as the girls offer when you walk in the dining room, I am a proud scot, and no way would any scot serve that plastic and call it Scottish, 1 very thin rasher of bacon a potato scone that had been quartered and shared amongst 4 people, poached egg that had been boiled in vinegar and to top it all moulded bread, which I sent back to the suprise of the fat lady behind the counter. a place I would not recommend to anyone and faulty towers would have done better. I have photos which I took with my mobile which I will share with you in the near future.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank geotelford
Reviewed 1 July 2008

After reading prior reviews and visiting website, I was most disappointed. The approach to the hotel is a half-block walk over the roof top of the shops below - not very convenient for unloading/loading and made even worse since it was strewn with trash, including around the hotel sign board. There was no noticeable attempt by the hotel to improve this appearance during our two-day stay. Full payment is expected upon check-in. Stairs were a bit challenging due to sharp bends and lack of hand rail on outside wall. Beds had no bedspread and no box spring, just a four-inch mattress suitable for a fold-out sofabed, laid on slats. Fabric shower curtain was badly mildewed. No clock/alarm clock in room - a fairly standard amenity in a 3-star hotel. On a positive note, breakfast was adequate and the staff generally friendly. The parking in the alley behind the hotel consists of three very narrow spaces which could comfortably fit two cars. I was able to unload the car in this area upon arrival (about a block walk around to front of hotel), but had to park on the street another half-block away both nights due to other guests' contractor trucks occupying the parking spaces. Police enforcement of residential parking permits and pay parking was evident one morning promptly at 9:00.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends