“Quirky but nice”
Review of The Flower House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
The Flower House
Ranked #14 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Flower House......has lots of flowers in the entrance! It also has some eccentric and quirky decor - a ship's wheel in one bathroom; shells encesd in a see through loo seat in another!

Helpful owners; breakfast in the room. A comfy and central (W Glasgow) location....close to Mackintosh/Hunterian Museum.

A good base for the city; not overly expensive

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ArmenianJames

Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I stayed three nights at The Flower House in May 2011. The rooms were very clean and the house was very well kept and decorated to the period of the home with wonderful antiques. The full Scottish Breakfast served in your room was great every morning. The location is very central. It is not in the immediate downtown area but is just adjacent and a good location between downtown and the west side near the university. We went to a concert at the SECC which was just 5 mintues walk. Our room was downstairs, very quiet, with a window looking out on the beautiful garden. The best reasons to stay here however are the hosts. Susan and Ian were wonderful. After long overnight flights, we arrived at around 8 am and were of course allowed to drop our bags and intended to return around 2 pm for the normal check in time. By 11 am we were so tired we decided to ask if we could just come in and sit to wait for our rooms. We must have looked pretty beat as before we could even ask, Susan took one look at us and immediately hurried to get our room ready so we could lie down for a bit allowing us to check in well before the normal time. On our last night we had intended to go out, but got into a conversation with Susan and Ian and were enjoying ourselves so much we decided to stay in and just spend the time with them.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Looking for a good nights sleep and full English Breakfast brought to your room then the Flower House is for you.
Located in walking distance of the SECC and good transport links to the centre of Glasgow the Flower House is everything a B&B should be.
I have stayed at the Flower House for the past two weeks, while on Business, and have been very grateful for my clean comfy bed and warm welcome that Susan and the Flower House provides. I am delighted to recommend the Flower House to both Business and Tourist visitors -The next time Im in Glasgow I know where I will be staying. Andy K

Room Tip: B&B in walking distance of the SECC
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We originally planned to stay at this lovely b and b for four nights but ended up staying an extra night due to my getting food poisoning before our flight home. The house is decorated with beautiful antiques, the breakfast was fantastic, and Susan (owner) was unbelievably kind and helpful when I was ill. (There is nothing as bad as being very ill 3,000 miles from home, and I will never forget Susan's kindness.)
The house is conveniently located, just a few minutes walk from Exhibition Centre train station, and a few minutes walk to some very good and fairly inexpensive pubs. (If you are coming to Glasgow from Edinburgh, you will have to transfer to Glasgow Central from Glasgow Queen Street in order to get the train to Exhibition Centre...there is a bus that transfers you, free with your rail ticket.)
You will love seeing the many antiques that are at The Flower House and feel pampered by the owners...we recommend it very highly!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2010

It gives me immense pleasure to recommend The Flower House as a great place to live. During my two days stay, Susan (Owner) took care of me so much I never felt I am away from home. I wish to be there in future again.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mast0id
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I have staid at the Flower House from October 28 to November 2 and found myself really at home there. Susan and Ian, my guests, have been extremely welcoming and helpful, giving me maps to move around Glasgow, informations about the public transportations and about the places I was interested in visiting. They have been kind to a fault to me and have made me feel part of their family.
My room overlooked the garden: it was spotless, comfortable, cosy, had a TV and the wi-fi. The bathroom was immaculate and very well furnished, with plenty of soft towels.
The breakfast was excellent, with a vast choice of food, fresh fruits, yoghurt and cereals and it was served in lovely china with nice table cloths.
The Flower House is just a five minutes' stroll from the Exhibition Centre Railway Station ( only 2 stops from Glasgow Central Station, in the heart of the city) and some 10 minutes by foot from Glasgow University, crossing the lovely Kelvingrove Park.
I will surely recommend The Flower House to my fr4iends and will be staying there again the next time I'll visit Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Ligeia_Laura
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Stayed here for three nights, lovely room overlooking the garden, Breakfast was of superiour quality with a wide range of choice. the owners were very kind and welcoming. The house is beauitful and for someone who loves antiques a delight. Wholy recommend staying here, close to the centre of Glasgow but lovely and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family