“Welcoming old style B&B”
Review of The Flower House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
The Flower House
Ranked #18 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Welcoming old style B&B”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Lovely landlady who tries very hard to ensure you feel comfortable. I had a double room that was big and airy and a bed that was very comfortable. Everything is very clean and in a good state of repair with the small but important personal touches that create a homely feel. It seemed a little strange at first that there wasn’t a breakfast room and instead my breakfast was brought to my room on a tray for me to eat by the large window overlooking what is probably (in the summer) a picturesque garden. However I soon got used to this idea and quite enjoyed it.

My room had a small TV that unfortunately only received a few channels but the lounge has a big TV so not a huge problem. I’m not sure if ensuite rooms are available as I was only able to reserve a double with a shared bathroom.

Walking distance to SECC and the soon to be opened Hydro Centre. Plenty of good quality restaurants and pubs also within easy walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter F
flowerhouse, Manager at The Flower House, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thanks to this reviewer , we discovered a problem with the TV , which has now been fixed.

He booked a room with private facilities (not shared). But also had the use of the other bathroom, which was shared (kind of), the long term guest leaves at 6.30 am, and doesn't return till 6 pm. So we told him he could use the other bathroom in the morning.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed at this delightful B&B during February and we thought it was great. We were shown to our room which was very pleasent and very clean, we were the only guests staying at that time so we had a family size bathroom all to ourselves.
We felt completely rested during our stay due to the fact that there was no noise at all from outside. There was plenty to do right on the doorstep. Great pubs just 200 yards away and we also ate around the corner from the B&B at a small italian which was to die for.
This is a good choice for people who want to be just far enough out of the centre for peace and quiet but still close enough to access it easily.
I do think that the rooms could do with a bit of modernising with a few less chintz thown in. But this didnt affect our stay.
Breakfast was good, a different selection everyday with all the trimmings too, juice, fruit, cereal etc. All delivered with a smile from he lovely hostess Susan.
The only thing I would say is that the rooms are not en-suite and therefore if there had been other guests staying at the same time as us then there may have been a regular queue for the one bathroom!
Susan did say however that she never lets all the rooms out at the same time so this may not ever be a problem.
All in all we had a great stay and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TheCurfewMicropub
flowerhouse, Owner at The Flower House, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
This guest had a private family size bathroom ( we are not allowed en-suite as this is a historic building). She did not have to share, there is a bathroom on each floor.
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed for a few days for business and pleasure. The bed and breakfast is lovely with a friendly owner who goes out of her way to make your stay pleasurable. Room was lovely with such a comfortable bed. Breakfast was brought to the room and arranged on your table - a great touch and one that made the stay enjoyable. Location was good being close to transport and within walking distance of a range of restaurants, theatres etc. Certainly would stay again. Only a little thing but a more uptodate TV would be helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jot75
Northants
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The Flower House is a lovely example of Glasgow, as the title (warm, kind and individual). The House is situated in very attractive crescent so near all the great places to visit, and really good restaurants/cafes etc.
The House itself is beautifully clean, and unique. My room was a very generous double with an extremely comfy bed, with good quality linen.
Breakfast was such a treat and to order, brought to my room by Susan (the owner) on a tray and set out on a little table with a pretty linen table cloth, it was so nice to be able to eat, think and get ready for the day ahead in perfect peace!
I was staying on my own visiting our Son who is studying at Glasgow University, I felt very comfortable on my own and was made VERY welcome. At the weekend parking if free and there was plenty of parking along the crescent even on Saturday night!!! (other Cities take note, but that's just Glasgow and Glaswegians...generous)
If you would like a change from 'identity-kit' hotel rooms and at less the price I have to add, The Flower House won't disappoint.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bats7
Durban South Africa
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The Flowerhouse is the most amazing place in glasgow. Convient and close to bus stops. beautiful decorations, The home is spacious and big. The rooms are uniquely designed:) Each room has a special feature. The breakfast is stunning, everyday was a different taste of Scotland. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The free WIFI is a bonus as you are able to communicate with family and friends abroad.
I HAVE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST.....the hosts Susan and Ian are the best:) Hospitable and accomodating. I stayed for a week and grew so found of them. I was tears when my week had ended as they are dear people who took such good care of me. If you ever plan a trip to Glasgow, look no further than the guesthouse:)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Keshni N
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I had a very pleasant stay, the owners were most kind, welcoming and helpful.
My room was very comfortable and looked out on to the pretty walled garden. Breakfast brought to my room on a tray was a treat. Location is great for visiting the West end attractions. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for Glaswegian hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alison S
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I were over to Glasgow to visit our daughter finishing Glasgow School of Arts. Susan and Ian, the hosts, were phenomenal. The bedding in this B&B was very comfortable; the accommodations warm; the breakfasts prepared by Susan were sumptuous; the location was very near to many restaurants; the price was great and the hosts were most gracious.

Room Tip: Explain your needs to Susan.