“Majestic settings in a classic area of Glasgow!!”

Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The Sherbrooke castle is one of the most stunning hotels I have ever seen, you would expect to find a Hotel like this out in the highlands and not in a busy city!!

I had taken my mother and sister to the hotel for afternoon teas on Mother's Day! On arrival the reception staff where very pleasant and made us feel very welcome! The hotel was fully booked but the staff went out their way to accommodate us and we sat in the conservatory with a complimentary glass of prosecco. The area was nice and spacious and had great ambiance! The afternoon teas we received where nothing short of delicious and after finishing our sandwiches we where offered a re-fill (we great fully declined as there was no room left for extras)! Although the hotel was extremely busy we never waited long for anything we requested and staff where continuous with their services!
Just before we left I had asked to speak with the general manager and a lovely lady named Claire came to us! We asked if we would be able to have a tour of the main venue hall and she kindly agreed! The main hall has recently been redecorated and although the room now has a more modern feel to it there are still classic touches to it! The restaurant area again had this same vibe to it and looked like a place I would like to spend eating out with either my friends or family as they are very child friendly!!

I would definitely come back to the Sherbrooke in the near future not just to dine but to stay the night as it is a stones through away from the city centre! The south side of Glasgow hadn't ever appealed to me as a place to have my wedding venue but after my visit this venue is high on my list!!

Thanks to all the staff for such a great day out!!

Regards

Donna

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Donnah3

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and i had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Sherbrooke on the 25th of January 2014. The wedding coordinator Sarah Jane was on hand at all times to answer any questions and to help organize the wedding which was amazing as we live 500 miles away. Our family stayed the entire weekend at the hotel and i have to say all of the rooms were stunning the food was outstanding and the service was second to none which meant we could just relax and enjoy our weekend.

The day of the wedding Sarah-Jane had placed me in a larger suite with a sitting room area so that i would have enough room for the hairdressers, make-up artists bridesmaids and flower girls. What really made the difference was the fact that during the ceremony all of my things were moved to the bridal suite meaning we didn't have to do a thing! On the day of the wedding the banqueting team took over and everything ran like clockwork, William was fantastic! We were married and dined in the same room with the team doing a quick change around whilst there was a champagne and canapes reception and the photos were being taken. The room itself had only just been redecorated and i have to say it is beautiful very luxurious looking and has turned out fantastic in the pictures. The Food was amazing, they catered extremely well for all of the guests with allergies making them completely separate dinners and the kids dinners went down really well.

I really cant praise the staff enough! Even the cleaners helping to move things for the photographs! The venue is very grand and works well inside and outside for the photos but i have to say the best thing by far is that my husband and i didn't have to worry about a thing we simply relaxed and enjoyed the day!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Philippa E
Reviewed 28 March 2014

found this hotel by chance and what a find we were in the garden suite which hasn't the nicest of approaches but the rooms were really nice - large size, comfortable bed, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, plenty of seating and what a lovely large bathroom. we dined in the hotel that night and the meal was delicious and staff attentive. The brleakfast was self service and tasty....we were quite a large party and had to ask for more toast and tea/coffee....I prefer to be asked rather than have to ask. Lovely area lovely hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WalkingAnnie
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently had a family event at the hotel .The food was exceptional and a great selection .The staff could not have been more accommodating very friendly ,and looking after our every need .The hotel is a very imposing and stunning building ,we will have all our future family and business functions at the hotel for this very reason ,well done to all .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Raymond O
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The room was dirty with glittery bits and a grape that had turned into a raisin under the chairs no doubt because the cleaners couldn't be bothered to move the chairs. The bed throw had makeup on it plus some other stain. The room smelt musty/damp as if it hadn't been aired in a while. Breakfast on a Sunday morning finished at 9.45am and was self service. The food looked dried out from being under the heaters. The two women who served the meals at the wedding reception had the grumpiest faces I have ever seen. They never once smiled even when one of the diners said " smile it might never happen". I had to phone up a week later because they hadn't returned the £10 deposit to my credit card when I checked out.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in my time some cheaper, some more expensive and I can honestly say this hotel is definitely not good value for money and I certainly wouldn't choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms above dining area/dance floor are very noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen3001
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a big birthday celebration at this hotel for friends and family. We don't normally write reviews but we just had to say thank you so much for an excellent day. The afternoon tea was excellent. All the guests raved about it. The cakes were all homemade and a great selection. Some of our guests came from Aberdeen, so they booked to stay for two nights. They showed us their room which was huge with a really good sized bathroom. We ate in the restaurant on the second night. The choice of menu and the quality of the food was great. We were well looked after by all staff. We can't recommend this hotel highly enough and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I will just start by answering the last reviewers comments - I have stayed in quite a few of the rooms at the Sherbrooke Castle, most recently in the Garden Suites (just last week) and I have always found their facilities, staff and food to be excellent.
I travel to Glasgow quite a few times a year and nearly always stay there. The rooms are very spacious with gorgeous bathrooms (or shower rooms) and the newly furnished conservatory and function room are amazing - definitely worth a visit!
The staff are friendly, helpful and very professional.
Thanks guys for making my stays there so great - I will be back!!

Room Tip: Great, spacious rooms - the main building rooms are even more special.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends