The Sherbrooke castle is one of the most stunning hotels I have ever seen, you would expect to find a Hotel like this out in the highlands and not in a busy city!!
I had taken my mother and sister to the hotel for afternoon teas on Mother's Day! On arrival the reception staff where very pleasant and made us feel very welcome! The hotel was fully booked but the staff went out their way to accommodate us and we sat in the conservatory with a complimentary glass of prosecco. The area was nice and spacious and had great ambiance! The afternoon teas we received where nothing short of delicious and after finishing our sandwiches we where offered a re-fill (we great fully declined as there was no room left for extras)! Although the hotel was extremely busy we never waited long for anything we requested and staff where continuous with their services!
Just before we left I had asked to speak with the general manager and a lovely lady named Claire came to us! We asked if we would be able to have a tour of the main venue hall and she kindly agreed! The main hall has recently been redecorated and although the room now has a more modern feel to it there are still classic touches to it! The restaurant area again had this same vibe to it and looked like a place I would like to spend eating out with either my friends or family as they are very child friendly!!
I would definitely come back to the Sherbrooke in the near future not just to dine but to stay the night as it is a stones through away from the city centre! The south side of Glasgow hadn't ever appealed to me as a place to have my wedding venue but after my visit this venue is high on my list!!
Thanks to all the staff for such a great day out!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sherbrooke Castle Hotel is a magnificent 4 star baronial hotel crafted in rich red sandstone and set in beautifully landscaped gardens in the leafy suburb of Pollokshields in Glasgow's Southside. The hotel has luxury bedrooms and suites, a lounge bar, restaurant and meetings and event facilities for up to 200 guests. At the Sherbrooke, we have combined traditional grace with modern efficiency. Prestige with convenience. The result is a unique experience. A genuine experience. The Sherbrooke experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sherbrooke Castle Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sherbrooke Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherbrooke Castle Glasgow
- Hotel Sherbrooke Castle
- Sherbrooke Castle Hotel Glasgow, Scotland