We stayed at this hotel as we wanted somewhere convenient to glasgow airport and with a nicer restsurant and surroundings than the airport hotels we have stayed in previously. We got a good room price from one of the internet hotel booking sites and read the reviews on here before we decided. I must say as we arrived we were impressed with the hotel and location, a nice area but only 10 minutes or so from the airport. We checked in and went to our room which was a really nice big room overlooking the front of the hotel, our daughters had another room not as big but still adequate and clean as ours was. We enquired what time we could book dinner and chose a time well before the restaurant closed. We had a drink in the bar before dinner and were taken through to the restaurant where we were one of only two occupied tables. The service was not good and certainly not with a smile. The time they took to serve between courses was unnaceptable especially as there were so few diners. We were asked if we wanted a sweet in that way that means you dont really do you ? We did order sweets though and by the time these arrived and we had eaten them it was nearly 11pm. We were chatting having just finished the sweet and the music was turned off in the restaurant which annoyed me greatly. I do not appreciate having a meal served so slowly to be then given the " bums rush" by such an unsubtle hint ! We then went through to the bar to have a drink as no coffee was served and sat in the bar being ignored even though we were the only guests there. I eventually got upand went through to reception where the staff all seemed to be intent on heading for home and asked if we could be served. The night porter was then sent to serve us a drink. I dont know if there was any manager on duty but if there was we didnt see him or her. The next morning the waiter was very nice but the service chaotic, no bowls, no table set for four, waiting for things to be brought like side plates, glasses for juice etc. even though again the restaurant was nearly empty. Food was adequate but not great. Overall a nice hotel in a nice location spoilt for us by the awful service. We left after paying nearly £350 for four of us feeling like the start of our holiday was best forgotten. We then flew to Dubai where we found out what real hotel service can be like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sherbrooke Castle Hotel is a magnificent 4 star baronial hotel crafted in rich red sandstone and set in beautifully landscaped gardens in the leafy suburb of Pollokshields in Glasgow's Southside. The hotel has luxury bedrooms and suites, a lounge bar, restaurant and meetings and event facilities for up to 200 guests. At the Sherbrooke, we have combined traditional grace with modern efficiency. Prestige with convenience. The result is a unique experience. A genuine experience. The Sherbrooke experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Sherbrooke Castle Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sherbrooke Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherbrooke Castle Glasgow
- Hotel Sherbrooke Castle
- Sherbrooke Castle Hotel Glasgow, Scotland