My husband, father and I stayed here as my father is a keen piper and I wanted him to be close to the Piping Centre as he is not very mobile. This was the perfect place! There is a small number of rooms available above the cosy restaurant/cafe/bar that is located to the right of the centre. The rooms are small and designed for 2 people but we squeezed 3 people in. For 75 pounds/night including continental breakfast, it was not the best value in comparison to a b&b we had stayed in previously on our trip; however, in saying that, it was in a great location next to the Piping Centre and it was only a short walk to the main shopping area.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay near the centre of Glasgow and also wants to stay somewhere with a unique twist.
*Main entry to the rooms is through the restaurant/cafe/bar and up the stairs (no lift). After hours, entry is to the right of the building.
*Reception is at the restaurant/cafe/barcounter.
*No reception staff onsite once the restaurant/cafe/bar is closed.
*Staff were very friendly and helpful.
*There are some great books available to read in the restaurant.
*The Piping Museum isn't open on Sundays.
*I couldn't find an online booking option and had to make the reservation by phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The National Piping Centre is home of The Pipers' Tryst which houses 8 cosy bedrooms, and is classed by the Scottish tourist board as a 4 star 'Restaurant with Rooms'. All 8 bedrooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, colour TV with radio channels, hairdryer, trouser press, and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast is served within The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant. A continental buffet breakfast is provided in all our rates. Cooked breakfasts are also available at an extra charge, The Pipe Major's breakfast will be sure to see you through the day. The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant is also available for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Having achieved eat quality Scotland standard and received very complimentary reviews in local press our tables are often in high demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Pipers' Tryst Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pipers Tryst Glasgow
- Pipers Tryst Hotel Glasgow
- The Pipers' Tryst Hotel Glasgow, Scotland