Highly recommended. We had a very warm welcome by the staff upon arrival. Our room was ready ealy so we could check in early. Bed was huge and very comfortable and the room a good size. There is a hair dryer in the room and really nice shower gel/shampoo which is good enough to not have to use your own.
We were on the first floor (room 2) which had good wifi reception and overlooks the front road so had a nice view and a good size TV (freeview). Shower/bath was great with plenty of hot water pressure and towels are changed everyday when the room is made up. The floor boards are noisy and you can hear people walking around in the room above (not much anyone can do about that). It is pot luck as to whether the guests above are inconsiderate stompers (as was our experience) or not.
There is so much choice for places to eat in Glasgow but I suggest you eat dinner at least once in their restaurant. Food is excellent, freshly cooked to order and very tasty and well presented. The bar staff are very attentive and can advise on important decisions such which Whisky I should try in what order.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The National Piping Centre is home of The Pipers' Tryst which houses 8 cosy bedrooms, and is classed by the Scottish tourist board as a 4 star 'Restaurant with Rooms'. All 8 bedrooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, colour TV with radio channels, hairdryer, trouser press, and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast is served within The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant. A continental buffet breakfast is provided in all our rates. Cooked breakfasts are also available at an extra charge, The Pipe Major's breakfast will be sure to see you through the day. The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant is also available for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Having achieved eat quality Scotland standard and received very complimentary reviews in local press our tables are often in high demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Pipers' Tryst Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pipers Tryst Glasgow
- Pipers Tryst Hotel Glasgow
- The Pipers' Tryst Hotel Glasgow, Scotland