“I'll be back.”

The Pipers' Tryst Hotel
Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“I'll be back.”
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. We had a very warm welcome by the staff upon arrival. Our room was ready ealy so we could check in early. Bed was huge and very comfortable and the room a good size. There is a hair dryer in the room and really nice shower gel/shampoo which is good enough to not have to use your own.

We were on the first floor (room 2) which had good wifi reception and overlooks the front road so had a nice view and a good size TV (freeview). Shower/bath was great with plenty of hot water pressure and towels are changed everyday when the room is made up. The floor boards are noisy and you can hear people walking around in the room above (not much anyone can do about that). It is pot luck as to whether the guests above are inconsiderate stompers (as was our experience) or not.

There is so much choice for places to eat in Glasgow but I suggest you eat dinner at least once in their restaurant. Food is excellent, freshly cooked to order and very tasty and well presented. The bar staff are very attentive and can advise on important decisions such which Whisky I should try in what order.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank jpavalanche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
gael
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We booked this hotel for one night through laterooms, our booking was accepted. twenty four hours later we get a call to say they could not accept our booking. They said they had been trying to ring the mobile number we gave but we couldn't have had a signal as it was saying the mobile was switched off. This I can assure you was and is not the case. I asked why the booking couldn't be accepted and they said two bookings were going on at the same time and ours was last!!! Couldn't have been at the same time then! I am afraid I will not be booking in there again on my many trips to Glasgow.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank GaelMairi
TrystManager, General Manager at The Pipers' Tryst Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for writing a comment about our reservations system. We are sorry that we were fully booked on the night you wished to stay.

We received your booking on Sunday afternoon, after receiving 5 reservations in a row from laterooms.com. With external portals you must remove the availability, of which we accept that we did this too late. As soon as your booking was received our manager Caitlin called you to receive the message, ‘This Mobile Phone is Switched Off’.

Later on Sunday night I called the same number three times and received the same message therefore I sent you an urgent email stating the booking error. On Monday after more continuous unsuccessful calls, eventually I called 118-500 and retrieved your home number (which you had failed to give).

As you were un-contactable I see how you may have been upset about the booking, however if we have been able to contact you this situation would not have happened.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Four of us had an early dinner deal 3rd Nov .We were first in the dinning room, over the course of our 2 hour visit the place changed from a very low key vibe to a buzzing friendly place.We were made to feel very welcome by the staff and exceptionally pleasant and capable manageress. Good place, good food,good staff. If I had a restaurant I would be privileged to have them on my pay roll.Ken, Marianne, Anne and John.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I called the hotel manager to assist me in arranging a 70th birthday party for my mother. i was looking for some help in arranging this. i found the manager very unhelpuf and abrupt.
i booked for 10 people to dine and then later cancelled as I thought if this was the managers attitude, unfriendly and unhelpful, I worried about what it may be like on the night.
i am happy i did not book because I spoke to an events manager of another hotel who was the complete opposite and helped me a lot.it was such a shame because it really put me off.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank eileen521
trystmanager, General Manager at The Pipers' Tryst Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you for posting this review. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience on the phone. The National Piping Centre is a small charitable business; therefore we do not have event planners or hotel receptionists to answer the telephone.

We always do our best to be happy and helpful professionals, however occasionally we can be under a lot of pressure at work running the business, especially when you called during Saturday service time.

In order to assist with customer’s queries we post all our prices, menus and images on our website to ensure customers have an opportunity to browse our services.

We sincerely apologise for being a little rushed on the telephone and hope that you enjoyed your mother’s birthday.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I was at a wedding reception last night with my girl friend and we had an utterly amazing time . The staff , location, theme and atmosphere was brilliant and would highly recommend this establishment for future persons getting married .

The museum was very interesting and we where having pre drinks in that area before going up stairs for the dancing . The bar prices where on par with other establishments so not a blow on the wallet or purse . The buffet food was amazing . I don't know if it was the establishments own catering but nonetheless they deserve a shout .

Very good night

Thanks you

Adam + Lorna

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Adam_89_smith
Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Very pleasant hotel.
Centrally, located (walking distance to all main attractions in central Grasgow, very near bus station and near train station.
Reasonable price.
Good restaurant too, spacialising in Scottish cuisine. Excellent haggis (maybe best in Scotland)!
Yo can visit the Scottish Pipers' museum located in the same building: especially enjoyable if you are interested in (history of) music and musical instruments.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is an excellent hotel in the centre of Glasgow. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly.

We had our wedding reception here a few years ago and the service was excellent. We very often visit the restaurant for meals which serves excellent traditional Scottish food and the most amazing breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple