“Clean friendly comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Clean friendly comfortable”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Took as a last minute deal. Easy access to centre of city, ideally located for Theatre Royal and Pavilion and all major shopping. Interestingly apart of the National Piping Centre. Lovely old building, with a sense of the boutique Hotel about it. Comfortable, cosy friendly resteraunt/ bar, with nice vibe and very friendly helpful staff team. Well priced in all areas, I.e bar food and accommodation. Will certainly be returning to stay, perhaps when there is an event in the centre.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great central location for shops concerts etc. helpful friendly staff made us feel welcome. Our room (7) on top floor looked down hope street to the Clyde. Traffic noise didn't have much impact. Bedroom and bathroom well appointed, clean, huge bed. Extra pillows.Tv and Internet. Good to hear the charitable status helps keep the National Piping Centre afloat. Didn,t really eat in at restaurant but seemed humming and booked up. Breakfasts were great. Enjoy but leave room fo us next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the piping centre last week (23rd+24th jan) for two nights. From the moment I walked up the steps, someone was on hand to take my heavy case. Was checked in by a polite member of staff who filled me in on all the happenings in Glasgow, as it was during Celtic connections and the piping centre was a venue, so I was very well informed. The room (5) was absolutely spotless and very spacious, with nice nice views across cowcaddens road to the theatre.
I didn't eat there either night as I had dinner plans, however the breakfast menu was very extensive. You can have a light snack from the continental buffet, or a hearty breakfast from the menu, regardless of what you choose, you will be set for the day! I chose the pipe major breakfast, and the following day the salmon and scrambled eggs. Both beautifully cooked. Day of departure was burns day, you could feel a real sense of Scottish pride throughout the building, something the piping centre should be extremely proud of.

If you are looking for a central base in Glasgow, then look no further. The pipers tryst is a great hotel with excellent service, excellent accommodation, and excellent food.
Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed January 2013
Scotland
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Clean comfy rooms - excellent big Scottish breakfast and very handy for theatres and Glasgow night life and shopping. Staff very welcoming and although we arrived early there was no problem accessing our room. I would recommend this hotel and the restaurant. A bonus was there was free wifi - no problem with connection.

Room Tip: Even better if you get a Itison or Groupon deal!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hattie1952
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. We had a very warm welcome by the staff upon arrival. Our room was ready ealy so we could check in early. Bed was huge and very comfortable and the room a good size. There is a hair dryer in the room and really nice shower gel/shampoo which is good enough to not have to use your own.

We were on the first floor (room 2) which had good wifi reception and overlooks the front road so had a nice view and a good size TV (freeview). Shower/bath was great with plenty of hot water pressure and towels are changed everyday when the room is made up. The floor boards are noisy and you can hear people walking around in the room above (not much anyone can do about that). It is pot luck as to whether the guests above are inconsiderate stompers (as was our experience) or not.

There is so much choice for places to eat in Glasgow but I suggest you eat dinner at least once in their restaurant. Food is excellent, freshly cooked to order and very tasty and well presented. The bar staff are very attentive and can advise on important decisions such which Whisky I should try in what order.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank jpavalanche
gael
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We booked this hotel for one night through laterooms, our booking was accepted. twenty four hours later we get a call to say they could not accept our booking. They said they had been trying to ring the mobile number we gave but we couldn't have had a signal as it was saying the mobile was switched off. This I can assure you was and is not the case. I asked why the booking couldn't be accepted and they said two bookings were going on at the same time and ours was last!!! Couldn't have been at the same time then! I am afraid I will not be booking in there again on my many trips to Glasgow.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank GaelMairi
TrystManager, General Manager at The Pipers' Tryst Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you for writing a comment about our reservations system. We are sorry that we were fully booked on the night you wished to stay.

We received your booking on Sunday afternoon, after receiving 5 reservations in a row from laterooms.com. With external portals you must remove the availability, of which we accept that we did this too late. As soon as your booking was received our manager Caitlin called you to receive the message, ‘This Mobile Phone is Switched Off’.

Later on Sunday night I called the same number three times and received the same message therefore I sent you an urgent email stating the booking error. On Monday after more continuous unsuccessful calls, eventually I called 118-500 and retrieved your home number (which you had failed to give).

As you were un-contactable I see how you may have been upset about the booking, however if we have been able to contact you this situation would not have happened.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Four of us had an early dinner deal 3rd Nov .We were first in the dinning room, over the course of our 2 hour visit the place changed from a very low key vibe to a buzzing friendly place.We were made to feel very welcome by the staff and exceptionally pleasant and capable manageress. Good place, good food,good staff. If I had a restaurant I would be privileged to have them on my pay roll.Ken, Marianne, Anne and John.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple