“I got married here...wonderful”

The Pipers' Tryst Hotel
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My (brand new) wife and I were married here on the 9th of November 2013.

I cannot speak highly enough of the venue and staff. From the first visit everything was fantastic, Caitlin who handled the booking and was our main point of contact attended to our every need with an ever present smile. Our families came at various times to look around. sample the food and ask questions. They never once left without saying something nice about how accommodating everyone was. Even though we left a lot of things last minute, table names a day or two before for example, the wonderful staff had everything we asked for ready and waiting on the day.

On the day things got better. Sophie, looked after us all day and Caitlin was on hand to make sure everything was perfect - which it was!-. All guests were taken care of (dietary requirements were expertly handled and the food was terrific. I could go on all day about the little touches, they managed to get a beer I was dying to have at my wedding and I had one waiting for me after the ceremony was done, as one of the bar staff had heard me say it was my favourite.

The piping centre recommended our fantastic band and various other people who helped make our day special.

I could go on all day about how great the venue and the staff are.

Thank you so much for a day we will never forget.

Marc and Catrina!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our recent visit we were so looking forward to our meal in the restaurant, unfortunately we were dissapointed, we were impressed with the selection of malt whisky cases on the shelf and proceeded to order some, we were told the whisky was all upstairs at a wedding, oh dear ! the young lady said she would try and get some for us to no avail as the speeches were on and she couldn't get to the bar, oh well we will just have a jug of water. Oh my the jugs were also all at the wedding ! our starters and meal were very nice but we felt definately overpriced and not the large portions we expected after reading a few reviews about them.
The young man waiting on us was very polite and attentive, sometimes too much so. The girls need to smile more but were nice, our table was right at the door with the ramp and the wedding party were in and out constantly going to their rooms which I presumed was door they aimed for in the middle of the restaurant, every time the door opened the cold draughft was almost unbearable on such a cold miserable night. On the up side the Gaelic Coffee's were the best we had ever tasted and very well executed.
Im sorry we wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TicketyBooGlasgow
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great big bed, comfortable, warm, fantastic bath with shower. The staff were welcoming and friendly, and the housekeeping lady was particularly excellent. The only thing that would improve my stay would be including the delicious smoked haddock breakfast in the cost, but sadly for me it was just the continental. But this was clear from the outset so I can't complain. Well priced and i will stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My daughter and son-in-law recently held their wedding reception in The National Piping Centre. This building includes a function suite, museum of piping, bagpipe shop, restaurant and small hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful and everything was done very professionally and tastefully. The red carpet was laid out for us and the wedding party was piped in - all part of the normal service. The guests were able to browse the articles in the display cases in the museum, whilst enjoying some sparkling wine and canapes ,as they awaited the arrival of the wedding party. The whole building, apart form the public restaurant, was being used exclusively for the wedding. The meal , which was served in the function suite, was cooked to a high standard and that standard was maintained throughout the rest of the evening. We had 100 guests in all including the evening guests and I felt this was just an ideal number for the size of the function suite. There are eight hotel rooms available in the building which was just a nice number for the actual wedding party as there are plenty of hotels nearby to accomodate guests. Our room was comfortable and well equipped, a little noisy perhaps but situated right in the centre of Glasgow and on a Saturday night! At breakfast the next morning, that excellent service continued. I would recommend the National Piping Centre to anyone as a wedding venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My mum got married here and the staff were fantastic - only down side was the bedrooms were very basic, especially for a bride - they could have provided a few little extras. Breakfast was over cooked and not a great standard but dinner was gorgeous

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nic802
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent our first night in a Scotland here and find it to be excellent for our purposes. The king bed took up a good portion of the room but it was no bother. Nice location and v quiet. The staff was also helpful. Unfortunately it was a Sunday night so we didn't get to enjoy the bar or restaurant. But my husband loved the piping themes.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Located near to 2 train stations and the centre of Glasgow, simple clean room including continental breakfast. Loved the tartan touches! We were on the top floor and heard no noise despite there being a function downstairs. Good value for where it is.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family