The Pipers' Tryst Hotel
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewspiping centresmall hotelpiping museumwee dramfree dramtheatre royalcontinental breakfastwee hotelscottish themecity centreon arrivallovely little hotelbuchanan bus stationno liftfriendly hotelfull scottish breakfastfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Lovely food,excellent service music was a bit too loud and a lot of time spent trying to teach people how to do country dancing but the band was very good and it was a good venue to welcome in 2014.I would go make a return visit this year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I spent one night this week on an Itison voucher deal at this splendid Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made to feel very welcome from the minute we arrived until we had had our lovely Pipe Major's breakfast next morning. Dinner was also first class. We shall certainly make a return trip as it is so central for everything we wanted to see in Glasgow city centre. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hyacinthbucket7a
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This quaint hotel has only 8 rooms, a small restaurant and is well kept. I arrived a week early and they were very accommodating. Room was clean and spacious with good facilities and soap etc provided. Breakfast is included for cereal and toast but remember to take some cash with you if you want hot food. I didn't opt to buy extra but ordinarily I would - just wasn't hungry. Reason for four stars is I slept badly. Loud noise from something like a vent? Constant and too loud for me, but I am a light sleeper and I don't think it's all the hotels fault. Bed was very comfortable and warm. Just me I suppose. All in all a good place

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My (brand new) wife and I were married here on the 9th of November 2013.

I cannot speak highly enough of the venue and staff. From the first visit everything was fantastic, Caitlin who handled the booking and was our main point of contact attended to our every need with an ever present smile. Our families came at various times to look around. sample the food and ask questions. They never once left without saying something nice about how accommodating everyone was. Even though we left a lot of things last minute, table names a day or two before for example, the wonderful staff had everything we asked for ready and waiting on the day.

On the day things got better. Sophie, looked after us all day and Caitlin was on hand to make sure everything was perfect - which it was!-. All guests were taken care of (dietary requirements were expertly handled and the food was terrific. I could go on all day about the little touches, they managed to get a beer I was dying to have at my wedding and I had one waiting for me after the ceremony was done, as one of the bar staff had heard me say it was my favourite.

The piping centre recommended our fantastic band and various other people who helped make our day special.

I could go on all day about how great the venue and the staff are.

Thank you so much for a day we will never forget.

Marc and Catrina!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our recent visit we were so looking forward to our meal in the restaurant, unfortunately we were dissapointed, we were impressed with the selection of malt whisky cases on the shelf and proceeded to order some, we were told the whisky was all upstairs at a wedding, oh dear ! the young lady said she would try and get some for us to no avail as the speeches were on and she couldn't get to the bar, oh well we will just have a jug of water. Oh my the jugs were also all at the wedding ! our starters and meal were very nice but we felt definately overpriced and not the large portions we expected after reading a few reviews about them.
The young man waiting on us was very polite and attentive, sometimes too much so. The girls need to smile more but were nice, our table was right at the door with the ramp and the wedding party were in and out constantly going to their rooms which I presumed was door they aimed for in the middle of the restaurant, every time the door opened the cold draughft was almost unbearable on such a cold miserable night. On the up side the Gaelic Coffee's were the best we had ever tasted and very well executed.
Im sorry we wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family