“Value for money”

Ranked #63 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is value for money, basic but very clean and inviting. The staff very friendly and helpful particularly with my disabled mother. The downside is no disabled facilities and guests smoking in the front entrance! Surrounded by great restaurants the Sisters opposite was excellent five star quality food and service. Great and interesting walking too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Fine, low budget place to stay in Glasgow. Very clean place, friendly and helpful staff, early check-in was a breeze, good wifi and great coffee in the lobby. Have to leave room key at reception when leaving, took some getting used to but wasn't a real concern. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my best friend were going to a concert in Glasgow and we realised that it would be hard to get a taxi home on this weekend as it was the weekend before Christmas, so we decided to book a hotel for the night.
I was initially worried by the cheap rate but on reading the reviews I thought ok then!
I can honestly say that the place was fantastic!!!
Lovely large rooms, clean, fresh and modern! I have stayed at many, many hotels and most of them were of similar quality but cost twice or three times as much! There is a lovely, comfy public area, which is very accessible and has vending machines for late night snacks.
The staff were fantastic. I couldn't have been happier with the service. And it is so refreshing to see Scottish hotel staff which (trust me!) is like hens teeth in Scotland at the moment!
The maid who was Scottish was so pleasant and as I left my iphone charger, she ran after me and alerted me! Which was so lovely!
Both the male receptionist and female receptionist were really helpful and called us taxis! I was too hungover but my friend went down and had the breakfast and assured me it was terrific. Which make the cost for a night (only £45) totally great .
I will definitely stay here again.
Very happy customer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The wife and I stayed overnight at the Sandyford when we went to see Deacon Blue in concert in December 2013. It was a perfect location for the Scottish Hydro (10-15 minute walk), was clean and comfortable and friendly staff at reception.
The bedroom was on the top floor up a mountain of stairs and the rain rattled down on the velux windows, but for £45 per night in the city centre, you wouldn't expect a whole lot more.
The full Scottish breakfast was excellent and a great start to the day.
So in summary, cheap and cheerful but clean and comfortable. Recommended

Room Tip: Not on the top floor unless you want a good workout!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

I was staying for one night as I had a Christmas night out with my work. The room was single occupancy, single bed fairly small. Bathroom was a good size but the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. The only other thing was that breakfast was included however on arrival there was no one visible in the breakfast room to explain how it works. No cooked buffet still it was only continental. It wasn't until I sat down at the table with a bowl of cereal and a coffee and someone came over and asked me if I wanted a cooked breakfast. I would have preferred someone greeting me as I walked in and explaining that I can have either cooked or continental and that I need to order the cooked. Apart from the negatives it was only £31.50 which is great for what you get. It was very clean and staff were friendly. I would stay here again if a similar occasion arrived. Cheap and cheerful.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night due to Glasgow being very busy for Late bookings. £50, not bad at all. Very nice big bed and tv. Room lacked colour and quality but all together goid. Shower was good but not very clean and towels were quite hard. But I had a decent nights sleep. Staff very pleasant but a bit quick for check out. Never mind. If you are looking for somewhere just to sleep I would recommend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
St.Andrews
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Right, let's get the Good Things posted!
A warm and helpful welcome; easily found, and on a good bus route. A comfortable bed with soft pillows and good lighting. Very clean. A generous and tasty breakfast and very pleasant young staff to serve it.
My " beef" makes me feel likes those irritating biddies on "Four in a Bed" who go standing on things, and delving underneath others, to find faults. Honest Guv! I didn't!
It Woz The Soap Wot Did It! Or, lack of it, because the pushy squirty thing in the shower was empty.
I think I'd rather have a hair in a soap bar than this gel like substance which has taken over hotel sinks. What's wrong with a tiny bar or pre-wrapped soap, I ask myself, whenever I see the so-like washing up liquid?
It's NOT just The Sandyford, but endemic so-because I'd like to stay here again-can this be taken on by Management?
Yep! Now I know, i can bring my own and a flannel but I didn't know, before, did I?
I hope this is helpful, because I really enjoyed my stay, otherwise.
Happy Christmas!