“Great stay and recommended for a budget break - thank goodness my work changed me to here”

The Sandyford Hotel
Ranked #63 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
scotland
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

After ending up in the most terrible hotel, my work were able to change me to the Sandyford. The place is a little datesd but it was clean. Very basic facilities but that's reflected in the price. Breakfast good and they encourage you to ask for seconds although the helpings were already large. All staff within the hotel were friendly, helpful and professional - unfortunately I didn't get their names but in particular the gentleman who booked me in and was on the desk overnight, the dark haired girl who checked me out today and the mature lady at breakfast. Only downside is the hotel doesn't have a lift.
If you are looking for a visit to Glasgow on a budget I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good location in Glasgow. I thought it could do with a revamp in the rooms, especially the bathrooms, just need refreshed. But the price reflects on how basic it is. Beds were comfy. There were no hairdryers in the rooms. Don't know if i would go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fife
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great location and amazing breakfast, my room was fine too but the toilet had not been cleaned...I won't go into detail! !! The worst thing was someone previous had wiped their nose on the tiles......its probably still there...room 216 right side of the loo....yuk... may 31st. My first bad review sorry sandyford I didn't expect luxury but I did expect clean

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here when attending a concert at the SSE Hydro, and the location cannot be faulted. The hotel itself is a bit basic but spotlessly clean, and we were very happy with the service and the price. Our only complaint was that we didn't get a wink of sleep on our very comfortable bed due to the goings on outside. OK it is Sauchiehall Street but we don't really expect to be kept awake all night by "shady looking" characters revving up souped up cars and opening bonnets to take photos of the engine - and this is at 3 in the morning. Taxis coming and going all night, slamming doors, beeping horns, does nobody have any repect for those who may be sleeping?

Breakfast was plentiful and the staff are great. We would consider staying here again but would definitely ask for a quieter room.

2 Thank 41kirstyh
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed for one night at the Sandyford. For the price we paid for the room we really could not complain, a few things niggled me thought.....When we arrived the gentlemen on reception was very friendly but whatever he was looking at on the computer seemed to be slightly more interesting than us because I think if he looked away longer than 10 seconds every time he spoke to us it would have been a miracle. We were given room 402 which was a long way up something we were not warned about by the receptionist and were were fairly out of puff once we got to the top of the staircase. We also noticed quite a big health and safety no no as they had one of the fire extinguishers holding open one of the doors on the stairs. The room itself was lovely and looked clean. Only thing I would say is the extractor fan in the bathroom was so loud my husband eventually decided to get washed in the dark rather than have it on as it was so annoying lol and the room has no hairdryer in it. There was a sign to say you could go and get one from reception but with that amount of stairs I could not be bothered.We had breakfast included in the price we paid which was great but because breakfast stops being served at 09:30hrs (far to early in my opinion) we only made it by the skin of our teeth so I am assuming for that reason that there was no glasses for the fruit juices left, no mushrooms left and very little fruit left so my breakfast was pretty basic. What we did have was quite nice though. We had made our booking through laterooms.co.uk and the website stated check out as 11:00hrs. It turns out when we checked again as I missed it when the guy rushed through his brief 10 seconds from his computer welcome in reception the night before that he had said 10:30hrs (again too early in my opinion). So were packed up and out right on time. The hotel was fine and I would probably stay again but only at a low price.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility problems request a room on the ground floor as there is no lift and a lot o...
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at the Sandyford for 2 nights,when booking in,the girl at reception was very helpful regards parking etc. The room though on the small side,was spotless and had everything we needed. Breakfast was very good and the waitresses very helpful. For what we paid, we certainly got value for our money. The one thing they could have improved on, the towels could do with updating.

Room Tip: Choose a room on first 3 floors as stair up to 4th floor is narrow, plus rooms look bigger
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Happy to accept the limitations of this hotel and at £115 breakfast included for a two night stay for a double is fine.

We were in an attic room which was a reasonable size but the bathroom was tiny. Steep stairs to get up to the top floor, would be a definite no if you had any walking problems. Comfy bed, tea making facilities, tv, bit of storage space. Shower decent in aforementioned tiny bathroom.

Breakfast was nice, tasty cooked breakfast served by staff while you can help yourself to all the usual breakfast items.

Very good location for west end, loads of pubs, cafés, restaurants in area.

Shop around for price as there was a bit of variation between the various companies.

Room Tip: Probably avoid top floor if a bit older.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family