“Very good value for money.”

The Sandyford Hotel
Ranked #63 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Very good value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

I can only reiterate the views of many other customers. This hotel provides excellent value. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant, polite, and above all helpful. The breakfast selection was amazing, with the option of seconds if required. How anybody could manage that is beyond me. The reception area was always clean & bright, and there was always fresh fruit available for people to help themselves. One word of caution to those less able bodied than some. There is no lift.
The location is ideal. Within easy walking distance from the Kelvingrove Museum & Art Gallery, and about 15 munutes walk from the city centre.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
Inverness, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

This hotel is well worth the money. Don't be put off by its 3* status. We stayed because our son has moved into student accomodation round the corner. The triple room we stayed in was fresh and clean, beds were comfy, great facilities. Breakfast was a bit of a challenge because quite a small dining-room for the amount of rooms in hotel but well worth the 5 minutes we had to wait for a table. Breakfast was outstanding. The staff throughout our stay were very friendly and helpfull, we will definately stay again

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have stayed at the Sandyford numerous times over the past couple of years and always found the staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms are basic but clean
The breakfast has to be seen to be believed.
Location is excellent with a bus stop to the city centre right outside the hotel front door.
A short walk takes you to the West end nightlife and in the other direction 10 minutes by bus takes you into Glasgow City Centre shops and nightlife.
Will certainly use this hotel whenever I am in Glasgow

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

was great breakfast good chioce 4 me being veggie had crossant with scrambled eggs and lots fresh fruits with yogurts my husband loves cooked breakfast

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed at the Sandyford for two nights in April while attending a conference. I was initially apprehensive about the trip, the room had cost me £35 for a single en-suite room and I really didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival to find a clean and modern room with an LCD tv and other frills that I simply hadn't expected for the price. The bathroom looked like it had been refurbished less recently, although it was still fine. The breakfast was fantastic; there was a buffet selection of cereals and fruit, and a made-to-order hot breakfast on offer. The location is very convenient to the University and is walk-able to the centre of Glasgow, there are also lots of nice pubs and restaurants close by.

A couple of issues:

Reception ask you to hand in your key when you are not in the hotel - this can be annoying if you come in late and there is nobody around reception.
There's no secure left luggage room.
Sauchiehall Street is very noisy and the windows are not double-glazed. If you're a sensitive sleeper and have a front-facing room, you might need earplugs.

For the price, the Sandyford is unbelievably good. I'll definitely be returning next time I'm back in Glasgow!

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

There have been mixed reviews on this and as I'm about to book it again, wanted to re-address the balance!

For my first time in Glasgow, I found this to very well located. It's 10 mins from city centre shops (downtown) & even more glorious, 10 mins from the delightful West End.

On the first day I got the attic room whic was still excellent value but I really like a bath and they let me switch the next day, sorting out my bags for me whilst I was out. I thought the reception were super friendly and started remembering my room no as I went in and out each day. I was there for a writing trip so didn't go for the tourist attractions but they were knowledgable.
The breakfast staff were a little rushed but quite frankly the breakfast is a massive bonus for the money.
It sure helped me love Glasgow on my first trip and I'm looking forward to staying there again for a longer 4 day trip this month,

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
carrymat
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

For £40 a night including a fantastic breakfast, free on street parking outside, and very close to the city centre you cant beat this hotel.
However I had a single room (booked directly with them after reading some of the other reviews) which was in the basement. As it was downstairs and below street level there was a bit of noise especially from the plumbing!
Therefore I would suggest getting a double room that and specifically ask for one that isnt in the basement.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business