“A Sweet Spot in Glasgow”
Review of Seton Guest House

Seton Guest House
Ranked #23 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed at the Seton Guest House in Glasgow for a couple of nights in September 2011. Clean, safe, and convenient to the center of the city, with affordable and comfortable rooms. The proprietors were incredibly accommodating and held my room when I didn't arrive according to schedule. You can read more about my experience at http://www.singleoccupancyblog.com/2011/12/06/seton-guest-house-glasgow-reviewed/

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank SingleOccupancyBlog

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have just spent a week in the Seton Guest House. I received a warm welcome from Alistair and Sheena the owners. We were shown to our room which was next to the dining room an ideal place to be. The room was very well maintained and the bed linen was very clean. Dont know why the other person got the idea the room was un-kept. I could not find fault. The breakfast was more than ample with as much tea coffee and toast as you wanted served by a very informative woman. I have stayed in some of the Glasgow Hotels where you are just a paying guest and no one talks to you. On my next trip to Glasgow and every other trip i will be staying at Seton Guest House "Where there is always a warm welcome"

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank kerry g
Reviewed 4 November 2011

A great place to stay. Well located, with cosy rooms and very welcoming hosts. A generous individually cooked breakfast and copious amounts of tea. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank James G
Reviewed 13 September 2011

It looked so nice on the internet. We knew as soon as the front door was opened that this was a mistake. It is shabby, verging on the grungy. There were missing light bulbs and broken light fittings in our room (which overlooked a dismal concrete yard). The "bathroom" walled off in a corner of the bedroom smelled of bad drains and there was no soap. Breakfast in the basement was served by a woman so rude and aggressive that we thought we'd stepped into some kind of wierd reality tv show. I couldn't bring myself to eat anything actually cooked in the house, my husband wished he hadn't! Thank goodness we'd only booked one night - but if we had booked for more we wouldn't have stayed. The only positive was the easy train ride into the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We've been to Glasgow before and just needed a place for 2 nights while attending meetings. Nothing else was available for less than £100 per night this past June so we ended up at the Seton Guest House for 2 nights. Under these circumstances we made do with this place but if we had to do it again, would definitely book a proper hotel as this place calls itself a B&B but in fact is more in league with a backpacker's hostel.

Although it was a bit scary to walk in and be greeted by the pungent odours of dogs and cigarette smoke (enough to hold my breath... and I have a dog), we were relieved to find that our room (on the 2nd floor) was both clean and odour-free, and to be fair the mattress was decently firm. For that reason I would say the place is passable as a last resort, but definitely if you are coming to Glasgow as a tourist you want to look for something in the West End.

We took a look at the windowless breakfast room in the basement, but the dampness, smell and overall grimy feel were more than enough for us to skip breakfast both days.

One last item to note: on the day we were checking out, someone started banging on our door at 10:30am. We let them know that we were still sleeping (jet lag) and then the banging resumed 10 minutes later. When we opened the door we were curtly informed that check out was 10:30am, a new one for me. Again, this only served to underscore the overall feel of the place, more of a hostel rather than a bed and breakfast run by welcoming hosts.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank singleminded
Reviewed 21 August 2011

A lovely, warm, spacious guest house with a friendly, helpful host, Alistair!
Great breakfast - cooked individually!
You can walk into town, or take a short bus trip!
Recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We travelled to Glasgow for my sons wedding we found the Seton on the internet from the first phone call I had the feeling we were going to a very friendly place very comfy laid back and made us feel at home the room was great the breakfast just the job all in all a great place to stay we will definitly be back Margaret and Tom Gregory

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family