“Perfect taste of Scottish Hospitality!”
Review of Seton Guest House

Seton Guest House
Ranked #25 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect taste of Scottish Hospitality!”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have stayed here myself on a previous occassion and decided to stay here again with family visiting from Hong Kong, the location is very convenient to the city centre and all our rooms were very clean and spacious - our hosts Alistair and Sheila were very warm and welcoming and advised us on transport to local sights. Very relaxing stay would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have stayed at this B&B a few times now when I have been visiting Glasgow and have always found it to be first rate. Owners are friendly and chatty and the rooms are always well turned out. Would definately recommend to anyone looking for a good place to stay in the city.

• Stayed February 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stay in many guest houses and this is my second stay here. Location is good. City centre a 15 minute walk, train station very close if you don't want to walk. Welcoming owner, free street parking, very reasonable rates, clean, tidy and great breakfast and functional wifi in my room (as I write this). I don't recognise any of the points made in the negative reviews. Does everything I expect from a B and B!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PixWarrington
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Seton Guesthouse on June 2nd 2012. Firstly, the owners Alastair and Sheena were not there and did not tell us that they were not going to be there for the weekend. A man named Ian greeted us and did the best he could but failed us in several ways. Firstly, the wifi was not working and he didn't try and address that issue, he just shrugged it off when I approached him about it. We asked how far of a walk it was to the subway as we had dinner reservations in the West End and he told us how to get there and said it would take 15 minutes to walk there. It took 45 minutes for this young couple to hustle to the subway and we were late for our dinner. I believe it was Ian's mother who served our breakfast. Lots of complaining from her but it was sort of lighthearted complaining. A good cooked English breakfast though. The parking is on the street outside and we were lucky to get a spot right out front, that was great! I think it was because it was the Queen's Jubilee weekend and a lot of people left Glasgow for the weekend. The other issue we had was Ian, his mother and 2 other in the guesthouse were smoking in their private quarters but the smell wafted throughout the guesthouse. We didn't love the location and had some issues as above but we felt that it was good value for the money. We spent 55GBP for a double ensuite which included cooked breakfast for the 2 of us. I think if the owners were there, we would have had a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura K
New Jersey
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed at the Seton Guest House in Glasgow for a couple of nights in September 2011. Clean, safe, and convenient to the center of the city, with affordable and comfortable rooms. The proprietors were incredibly accommodating and held my room when I didn't arrive according to schedule. You can read more about my experience at http://www.singleoccupancyblog.com/2011/12/06/seton-guest-house-glasgow-reviewed/

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SingleOccupancyBlog
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have just spent a week in the Seton Guest House. I received a warm welcome from Alistair and Sheena the owners. We were shown to our room which was next to the dining room an ideal place to be. The room was very well maintained and the bed linen was very clean. Dont know why the other person got the idea the room was un-kept. I could not find fault. The breakfast was more than ample with as much tea coffee and toast as you wanted served by a very informative woman. I have stayed in some of the Glasgow Hotels where you are just a paying guest and no one talks to you. On my next trip to Glasgow and every other trip i will be staying at Seton Guest House "Where there is always a warm welcome"

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kerry g
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2011

A great place to stay. Well located, with cosy rooms and very welcoming hosts. A generous individually cooked breakfast and copious amounts of tea. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends