“I am going back to the Seton Guest House”
Review of Seton Guest House

Seton Guest House
Ranked #24 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Monroe, Michigan
“I am going back to the Seton Guest House”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was my first trip to Scotland and my first stay in a Scotish B & B. Alistair & Sheena, the owners and Rita, their helper were most welcoming. The location to the city center and to the train station was wonderful, a short brisk 15 minute walk. Arrangements were made, upon request, for transportation to a distillery, St. Andrews & a tour of the Highlands. This is most definitely the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: There was not a need for a finess center or a pool, we were busy from sunrise to sunset.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MonroeMuskrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Friendly owner. Cooked breakfast good. Rooms and the place generally are tired and could do with updating. En suite in the room with a tv attached. Views from the window are over the back alley, are not brilliant. Bed good and clean linen. Overall you get what you pay for and at £55 fir a twin room it is reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank bert015
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at seton guest house for 5 days in June as our own home was having work done. We expected the disruption to be a nightmare but I can honestly say after staying here we felt like we had a holiday! The service we received was second to none, everyone was so friendly and genuinely helpful. The rooms were immaculate, comfortable and homely which we preferred in comparison with the stark hotel environments in town. Just outside city centre and a fantastic price, we cannot recommend seton guest house enough! If you're in the area, make it your first stop!! :)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Nikki M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Loved out stay here. The owners were really welcoming and made sure we had all we needed throughout our 2 night stay.

The property itself is only 15 mins away from Glasgow City Centre and is still quiet enough at night for us to sleep soundly and very comfortably in the warm bed.

Breakfast was a scrummy feast and set us well on our way each day.

We will definitely be back and will stay here again. Lovely, lovely place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie M
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have stayed here a few times now. From the first point of contact booking the room on the telephone to my check out, i have always been completley satisfied with this guest house.
The owners are always very warm and friendly (couldnt do enough for us) and rooms were clean and tidy.
The only negative was for the neighbours-not friendly at all. A civil 'hello' back would of been appreciated.
Its excellent value for money in a very convenient location.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laura b
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I booked this guest house last minute due to a business trip being arranged at the end of my week. Location was key for me as i don't drive so needed somewhere close to where i was having to go and also somewhere that wouldn't be too busy as i required a peaceful place to complete my work.

I was made to feel welcome from the start, even at booking stage when i phoned to enquire about the availability. The couple who ran the Guest House, Alistair and Sheena, were so helpful especially on providing information on the surrounding areas and also the easiest way for me to to get around on public transport

On arrival I was shown to my spacious double room where there were clear instructions on checkout and breakfast arrangement's and i must say the breakfast was amazing, home cooked and fresh and in comfortable settings - like being back at the parents for breakfast! The room that i stayed in was clean and there was no noise from outside or within the guest house.

This place really did have a family feel about it and that's what i like, rather than the busier franchise hotels and i don't have a bad word to say about it.

I will be back next time i am up this way, thanks for the generous hospitality

E Rankin

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I have stayed here myself on a previous occassion and decided to stay here again with family visiting from Hong Kong, the location is very convenient to the city centre and all our rooms were very clean and spacious - our hosts Alistair and Sheila were very warm and welcoming and advised us on transport to local sights. Very relaxing stay would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family