“Ignore the last review”

Ranked #25 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Ignore the last review”
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I don't know what the situation was in '09, but our stay in the Seaton was very good.

We arrived and were greeted in the most friendly manner by the proprietor and sent off too our rooms. Mine was overlooking a small park opposite and even in the heart of the city I found this to be surprisingly relaxing. The rooms were clean and well appointed and none of us experienced any problems with the facilities

The breakfast was plentiful and well prepared, served by a cheery lady who looked as though she would have not been out of place sitting at the foot of a guillotine knitting and smoking a clay pipe.

My company has now pre booked a further series of stays at this guest house and look forward to returning to Glasgow and the Seaton.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I took me 4 hours to find accommodation for my staff and I to stay in Glasgow over a particular weekend in June, due to a Take That concert in the city. I had booked accommodation for 2 people to share a room and 2 rooms for individuals. However, I was greeted at the door to Alistair, the proprietor, who said "where are the other 2 people" Alistair had given me a price over the telephone per person and he had placed us in rooms that could have accommodated additional people. He also pointed out that he had turned people away that evening. I feel he had made a mistake and regretted agreeing on the telephone the rooms he had allocated to us and would have made more money if 2 of us had shared, meaning he could have let the other room out to other guests, hence making more money! I found his attitude rude and quite aggressive, but we had no choice and ended up paying more than I had agreed. If you do decide on staying here please confirm in writing.
The rooms: were just passable, cups and saucers were dirty and covered in dust. The electrics were dodgy in my room, as I had a power point that didn't have a on/off switch and made the prongs of my hairdryer plug hot. Oh the bed was comfortable though.
We had an early start in the morning so we were told we could help our selves to cereal and toast from the kitchen. The tupaware containers with the cereal were caked in fat and grease, disgusting!! We didn't bother after that.
Departure: We all received a bang on the door at 8.30 in the morning to say breakfast is finishing at 9am - if we were going for breakfast we would have gone, we were lying in!!!
We had to vacate our room by 10am and at 9.30 the hoover was being pushed outside my door. It was almost like we were forced to leave ..... So discurtious and rude!!
Smell of the hotel - dog and curry!!
Conclusion - The proprietors didn't seem to care for guests, just cared about the money. Do not stay here unless you are desperate

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business