“What a great welcome to Glasgow”

Manor Park Guest House
Ranked #7 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our first trip to Scotland, we found the room very comfortable with everything you needed, our bed was a double and was very comfortable to sleep in. We had a night stand on each side of the bed, a huge wardrobe, a desk , 2 chairs and a coffee/tea tray.The room was very well appointed and really nicely decorated. We had a shower and no tub, which was great for us.
Fiona and her husband made our stay! The food was fantastic and the dining room was nice, bright and cheery! We just loved the suggestions for dinner and a map was provided. Scott spent a lot of time helping us with our route to visit Scotland and the best suggestion we were given was to purchase a map! We used that map daily and it saved our bacon lots of times on our drive around Scotland. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant, hope too see you again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
themanorpark, Owner at Manor Park Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best wishes Scott and Fiona

Reviewed 26 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a difficult review for me to write, for reasons that will become apparent, but tripadvisor is useless if we do not report the full facts. My son and I arrived at about 19.40 on 2nd May for a weekend watching the rugby at Scotstoun stadium, and this guest house was chosen for it's walking distance from there. However we were met by Scott and his wife looking very worried, as they did not have a room for us, despite being booked for some time via booking.com( I have asked them for an explanation) . They had however book us into the Pond Hotel, somewhere I had stayed before and also paid the difference in room rate and gave us the cash for breakfast, Scott also took us to the hotel to make sure we were booked in successfully. However if I had wanted to book into a large faceless hotel I would have chosen it myself , and also this hotel caters for large functions with the accompanying guests coming back late to rooms very noisily . Also the hotel is further away from the stadium resulting in a short train ride and also we had to dovetail our departure for a return train. I know this is not the fault of Scott , and they did do their best to lessen the effect it did entail extra arrangements needing to be made. I am unsure as to why the mix up was noticed so late also...... So we'll done to Scott on making alternative arrangements but if I stayed again I would certainly make a call a day or so prior to confirm.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Anon1966363
themanorpark, Owner at Manor Park Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

We can only apologise again for having to change your accommodation at such short notice but it was due to unforseen circumstances causing us to be unable to use the room we had you booked into. We were looking forward to having all the guests going to the local Rugby match and hope we can welcome you again next year, if you choose to return we will give a discounted rate.
Best wishes
Scott and Fiona

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed last week whilst in the area. From start to finish I could not fault anything. My room was large, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast provided a great choice of tasty food in a pleasant environment. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with a shower over the bath (complete with resident plastic ducks) All in all I will be embarrassed to admit what a great stay I had when I return to the office next week (After all I was there to work! :-)

Room Tip: If you are less mobile speak to the owners to discuss the room availability as there are quite a few...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was great to meet you.
Best wishes
Scott and Fiona

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were staying for only night to accommodate our evening plans in the West End and Manor Park was ideal. A five minute taxi journey from Ashton Lane.

The hosts were very friendly and we felt very welcomed. We really liked our room which was very traditional, boasted a four-poster bed clad in tartan, beautiful furniture and had a spacious bay window where we drank our wine.

We had a great sleep and the other facilities in our room were adequate for a one night stay.

Breakfast was included in our visit which was great, as many other hotels charge an additional £7-£8 for breakfast. The breakfast itself was delicious, a full Scottish breakfast was had, however a continental alternative is offered.

We'd definitely return to Manor Park and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the West End of Glasgow. Our thanks again to Scott and Fiona.

Quinton and Lesleyann

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. glad you enjoyed your stay.
Best wishes Scott and Fiona

Reviewed 25 March 2014

If you have to visit the Southern General in Glasgow for any reason, you may find it hard to work out where to stay. The surrounding hotels,tend not to have great writeups on Trip Advisor, Queries about where to stay have met no positive responses. Many times people from the islands and highlands are visiting in stressed circumstances and could well do with a friendly face, advice on how to get about, where to eat and generally being looked after while they manage whatever crisis has brought them to Glasgow. Even folks like me, here to work for a week, can feel lost and disorientated when uprooted from our various rural idylls and hideaways.
Fiona and Scot, who run the Manor Park are the very people you need in these circumstances (and I'm sure in happier ones too). Their house is lovely - spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfasts (continental or cooked) consist of super-quality ingredients, cooked to order. I'm staying for a week and have a large room at a single-for- double rate. This has an en suite in which you could swing not one but several cats and, oh heaven - a bath as well as a shower (and it comes complete with a family of rubber ducks too!). It's quiet (I often can't sleep in a city - not used to the noise, but here it's fine) and has not one but two windows that open. But really, what does it for me is that these lovely folks are interested in their customers and nothing is too much trouble. I'll be back, as often as i have to be in Glasgow, for certain.

Room Tip: Have only seen my own room - no10.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
themanorpark, Owner at Manor Park Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for the lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you, and hope to see you again when you come back to Glasgow.
best wishes Scott and Fiona

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed for two nights at Manor Park visiting friends for a funeral in Glasgow. The location in the West End is excellent for access to all parts of Glasgow - either by car, taxi or other forms of public transport. There is a lot of available on-street parking.

The bedrooms are big, clean, comfortable and well equipped with tea / coffee facilities, TV etc. The proprietors, Scott and Fiona are extremely warm, welcoming and helpful but also not intrusive. There is a wide choice for breakfast which is excellently prepared. The atmosphere at Manor Park is relaxing with an old world charm - Top Notch !!!. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All good - no need to choose
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your very kind review. Hopefully you will be able to return in better circumstances.
best wishes Scott and Fiona