Place looks quite run-down from the outside. Reception area is small but fit for purpose. As you go through the building it feels cold and a bit gloomy. The room itself was again small but perfectly good for spending the night. The bathroom wasn't very attractive inside and looks like it's been installed in a rush however the shower was nice and powerful. Bed really comfortable and we slept really well. The next morning we went into the dining room and were very quickly offered hot drinks and a cooked breakfast by the very nice girl working that morning. Breakfast itself came out quickly and was surprisingly tasty.
Overall, not bad for a night and a decent price but don't know if I'd like to stay any longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- McLays’ offers great value budget accommodation in the heart of the city centre. We are superbly located for visiting Glasgow’s many museums and art galleries and just minutes away from Glasgow’s finest shopping streets Sauchiehall Street and Buchanan Street where in addition you shall find an excellent selection of restaurants, cafes, bars, cinemas & nightclubs. All the main transport points Glasgow Central Station, Queen Street Station and Buchanan Bus Station are easily accessible. We are about 15/20 minutes walk from all or 5 minutes by taxi. Please note the walk from all these stations is all uphill in particular from Central and Queen Street Stations, if you have heavy baggage or have walking difficulties a taxi is strongly recommended. Room facilities include Flat-screen TV, Freeview Channels, Direct-Dial Telephone, Adjustable Heating, Electric Kettle, Tea/Coffee Maker, Wardrobe/Closet, Towels for free, Hospitality Tray & Wake-Up Service. An Iron, ironing board & hairdryer are available on request at the reception. Full Scottish breakfast is included in the room rate. The rooms are available from 2.00pm onwards and the check-out time is 11am. If you arrive before 2.00pm you can leave your baggage with us. McLays has 4 dining rooms offering a choice of breakfast menu complimentary to all guests. We serve breakfast daily from 7am to 9am except Saturday & Sunday where breakfast is served 7am to 10am. We do not have a car park and parking is on the street only and is restricted due to our very central location. Glasgow City Council has a voucher scheme in operation for parking and we can supply the vouchers on their behalf for a nominal cost to enable parking. The cost from 4pm to 8am the next day is £2.00. The cost from 8am to 2pm is £2.00. The cost from 8am to 4pm is £4.00. There is also a 24 hour multi-storey car park 2 minutes drive away from the guest house. Free high-speed uncontended Wi-Fi is available throughout all areas of the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your McLays Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mclays Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Mclays Hotel Glasgow
- McLays Guest House Glasgow, Scotland