“They dont come much better than this.”
Review of Number 10 Hotel

Number 10 Hotel
Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Maybole, United Kingdom
“They dont come much better than this.”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed one night on the 4th May to attend my annual Rugby Club dinner as my usual hotel could not fit me in. On arrival i was met by a very pleasant and charming receptionist. I was booked in and directed to my room on the first floor. First reason for not getting a 5 is that at that time i had a bad groin strain and it would have been nice to have been offered help with my bag. On entering my room i found it to be very spacious and finished to a very high standard and spotlessly clean. I changed and managed to get a drink in the bar before heading out. The bar staff was very friendly and polite. When i went down for breakfast again i was met by very friendly staff and shown to a table. It was buffet style help yourself. I was offered tea or coffee and toast. Now comes the 2nd reason i didnt give a 5. I was not offered a fried or poached egg, there was only scrambled eggs.
I will be recommending this lovely hotel to all my friends and family and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Our (Late Rooms) standard accommodation at the front of the main building on the top floor, was spacious and quiet but the six flights of stairs - phew! The bed was comfortable though oddly, was two singles pushed together. All furnishing was in keeping with the age and grandeur of the building, tasteful and verging on sumptuous. Our en suite was gigantic with a powerful shower supplying plenty of hot water at all hours. Purely in the cause of research we visited the small, cozy bar on both nights of our stay. Perhaps because it was midweek we were the only punters and the big TV remote was ours to control. The bar was well stocked, serving wine by the glass. Breakfast is very good value. It is buffet complemented by waitress service, with everything you would expect in Glasgow plus a luscious fresh fruit salad. As some of the buffet items were starting to curl up at the edges our waitress offered freshly prepared bacon and eggs. Very welcome touch. All the staff we met were perfectly attentive, helpful and thoughtful. Sadly, throughout our stay there was no WiFi in our room but staff seemed to be working hard to sort it out. Still, we had a great stay. Thanks No 10

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on 1st May after reading reviews on Tripadvisor.The majority of recent reviews were very positive. We found our room to be very nice and spotlessly clean. The receptionist was very friendly and gave us directions for the train into Glasgow central station(5 mins walk). We enjoyed an evening meal which was very good value for money and complemented the chef on the excellent quality of our meal. The waitress was a really pleasant young lady also. The dining room was decorated to a high standard with delightful table settings.
Breakfast the following morning was also excellent. Could not fault it in any way.
I noticed that a reviewer had stayed in our room(21, standard room) in January with a very poor description of the room.I can only say that our room appeared to be freshly decorated and was perfect! The room directly opposite had the door propped open so we could see into this room and it was absolutely fine too. Maybe the reviewer should have complained at the time of entry?
Would highly recommend staying at Number 10, we would , if we were in the Glasgow area in the future. We booked through Late Rooms and got a very good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nairn, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel attending an engagement party.I had booked in advance to make sure there wernt any hiccups.I checked my bookings two days before travel and found one of the rooms had not been booked.The hotel could not give any reason for it.If you stay here make sure your booking is confirmed before you travel.The other point i must make is the size of the rooms. some of them are extremly small.you would be better to ask when booking.The bathroom in the room i was in was a bit tatty but the shower was very good,and the bed very comfortable.The staff were very friendly and helpful.the buffet provided was good and the breakfast was first class.the bar prices were in line with most hotels.there was very little traffic noise and i had a good nights sleep.I would stay there again but would definately check on the size of the room next time.Very good party rate as well.

Room Tip: check on room size
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel for a weekend break. We were going to a football match at Hampden and it was so close, only a 10 minute walk. The hotel was tastefully decorated and fresh looking. The bedrooms were a great size as was the gorgeous shower room. Everything was clean and tidy. The breakfast in the morning was lovely, however the only thing I could say that management could improve on was the time breakfast runs until. On the Saturday it was on until 10.30 but on Sunday it was only on until half 9 and we missed it as we wanted to have a longer lie in. The weather was lovely so we took advantage of the back garden which again was very nice. The thing I liked most about this hotel was the staff! They were so friendly and chatty I don't think Ive ever been to a hotel where they were as friendly as this. I met a lady called Baabs who works there and she went out her way to help and make sure that we had everything we needed. Overall a fantastic stay, well done guys, keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Good location for events at Hampden. Some minor issues: 'Comfy' chair in the room was very much style over practicality, no towel rail next to the sink, no toilet roll holder. Stylish, but a little more attention to detail would improve the rating. Comfy bed, great sleep. Good breakfast, but would be good to have a bit more natural light in the breakfast room - open the blinds! Nevertheless, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was struggling to find a good hotel near Hampden until I came across Number 10 Hotel. What a find. Great staff, immaculate rooms at an extremely reasonable price and a really excellent breakfast! This is a hotel which more than lives up to its excellent reviews. We'll definitely be back when we get a chance.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends