“Great hotel experience”

Ranked #27 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Buckhaven, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great hotel experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

picked this hotel as it was a reasonably priced 4 star hotel , on arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was fantastic with a massive king sized bed and decking at the back so we could ssit out and enjoy the sunshine, we had a dinner meal in the hotel which tasted superb and was very well presented and the breakfast was excellent

Room Tip: room 32 was amazing
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
linda71842003, Guest Relations Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for you fabulous feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I do hope that all of our guests have the same experience, without your comments, whether good or bad, we do intend to keep our high reputation intact.
No10 Hotel endeavours at ALL times to create a good experience for all guests from leisure travelling, corporate guests to function guests.
If at any time there may be something which is not to your expectations, we also appreciate your comments.

Sincerely at all times

Lucinda. N010 Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this comfortable hotel which is well located for the short train journey into Glasgow Central. While a popular venue for weddings, christenings and the like, we were never bothered by the music which never went beyond midnight. There was a good breakfast buffet choice and the dining room staff were particularly pleasant and attentive. Front desk staff were also friendly and helpful, printing up directional maps when we needed assistance. One caution for the mobility challenged – there are 3 floors with steepish stairs and no lifts. Parking is not a problem. I did hear inter-room sounds once suggesting that there could on occasion be instances of noise creep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Myself and my Husband Stephen got married and had our reception in Number 10 hotel on 25/05/2013 and we had an amazing day. Everything ran like clockwork and couldn't have gone any better! The hotel was a beautiful setting for our wedding, luckily enough we had great weather which let our guests enjoy the gardens out the back. A lot of our guests stayed overnight, many of whom had never been to the hotel before, and even a few weeks later they are all still talking about the wedding, how good the food was and how good the service from the hotel staff was. A few of our guests are even saying when they get married they would chose Number 10 as their venue! Linda helped with all the organising in the run up to the wedding and William was on hand all day and night to make sure our day ran smoothly. 10 out of 10 for everything!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I visited this hotel with my boyfriend and his parents in June 2013. We only stayed the one night but I was extremely satisfied with this hotel. We stayed in a standard room and found it spacious and comfortable. Our bathroom was bigger than the bathroom I have in my house and the shower was powerful enough. We enjoyed our stay overnight and were very satisfied with our buffet style breakfast in the morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Glasgow as it is in a prime location; it is close enough to town to be accessible but far enough away to be peaceful during the night. We enjoyed a walk through Queens Park to have some time away from the busy city centre.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few times, handy for the South Side. The rooms and top quality. I have stayed in one of the suites which was very reasonably priced and this included their spa bath! Ihave also stayed in the cheaper rooms which are a great size and very comfortable.
The food in the hotel is lovely, the staff are very friendly and the prices are not too bad!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dingwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Been a few times. Handy for south east Glasgow. Easy to get to, in a lovely quiet residential part of the city. Laid back but staff always helpful and pleasant. Lovely buffet breakfast. Rooms individual, clean and well appointed. Felt previously it was a bit over-priced but seems better value than before. Would happily return again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Maybole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed one night on the 4th May to attend my annual Rugby Club dinner as my usual hotel could not fit me in. On arrival i was met by a very pleasant and charming receptionist. I was booked in and directed to my room on the first floor. First reason for not getting a 5 is that at that time i had a bad groin strain and it would have been nice to have been offered help with my bag. On entering my room i found it to be very spacious and finished to a very high standard and spotlessly clean. I changed and managed to get a drink in the bar before heading out. The bar staff was very friendly and polite. When i went down for breakfast again i was met by very friendly staff and shown to a table. It was buffet style help yourself. I was offered tea or coffee and toast. Now comes the 2nd reason i didnt give a 5. I was not offered a fried or poached egg, there was only scrambled eggs.
I will be recommending this lovely hotel to all my friends and family and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo