“Nice Hotel!”
Review of Number 10 Hotel

Number 10 Hotel
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at Number 10 twice in 1 week due to concerts at Hampden. The 1st time we stayed there we were in the house to the side of the main building. There was 4 of us in an Apartment and i must say it was a lovely room. My only niggle was that it was a pull out bed in the extra bedroom and wasnt very comfy. The bathroom was lovely and spacious.
The 2nd time we stayed there we were in the main building. The room unfortunately wasnt lovely and spacious. I could barely swing a cat in there. And the heat in the room was unreal and i could not open a window and had no aircon. On the plus side the bed was comfy. It was a maze to get to my room and the signage was too clear to find my room.
The breakfast was lovely and staff were very friendly.
A stone's throw to Hampden too. We walked to Hampden in 10 mins.
I would definately recommend staying here but would try to request the other house than the main one but i was impressed and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gemma R
linda71842003, Guest Relations Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for you fabulous feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I do hope that all of our guests have the same experience, without your comments, whether good or bad, we do intend to keep our high reputation intact.

Due to the weather, it has been extremeley warm, we have now sourced a cooling system in order to keep our guests comfortable.

No10 Hotel endeavours at ALL times to create a good experience for all guests from leisure travelling, corporate guests to function guests.
If at any time there may be something which is not to your expectations, we also appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I recently attended a wedding function at this hotel which I admit was run very well and standards high.
However the great day was ruined by the room I had booked at a discounted rate, Being bridesmaid i didnt get into my room until approx 1am. The room had quite obviously only partly been cleaned- the shower hadnt been touched and most disgustingly the bed linen had not been changed.

I wasnt offered any form of recompense and didnt receive any form of apology for the situation. The head of housekeeping even had the audacity to blame everyone but herself and in my eyes was responsible.
I would not stay at this hotel again and would definitely not recommend it.

Room Tip: Read reviews before booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank DEBBIE M
linda71842003, Guest Relations Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am shocked to have read your report, I apologise most sincerely on behalf of N010 Hotel Management and Staff, this is not indicative of our normal standards and I am taking this matter up personaly to get to the reason why this happended. We pride ourselves on customer service. However it appears we have let you down in this instance.

I would appreciate if you would contact me personally at: events@10hotel.com.

Lucinda

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have just had our wedding reception, meal and evening party, at Hotel 10 and can really recommend it for a great local venue with a great accommodating team of staff

We had several meetings with Linda the wedding co-ordinator and William the manager. They helped guide us and organise all of our thoughts and ideas (not always easy!) and worked out the best package for us and our family.

The back gardens are just perfect for a summer wedding as they let guests come and go, spreading out after the meal and relaxing on the decking outside in the open air.

Food wise we could not have been happier - it's pretty rare that people mention food at a wedding as it's usually not that big a deal and people have low expectations (understandable when you are trying to serve up 50 odd plates of food simultaneously). After we had eaten and we enjoying our evening, at least a dozen people commented on how good their food was and how it was served hot and fresh.

Drinks prices at the bar are reasonable so you can know that your friends are family aren't being ripped off at £7 for a Gin & Tonic when they are enjoying your big day.

A few of our party mentioned that their rooms were a little on the hot side but it was the hottest day of the year so far when we got married and the main room where we ate and danced was air conditioned and kept at the perfect temperature all night.

We had a club room in the adjoining building....WOW! These rooms are top class - huge room, large and comfy bed and lots of period details intact (beautiful cornicing and decor all in superb condition) as well as a massive bath.

In terms of location it's great - you are close enough to the city centre that it's only £5 or so in a taxi into town but you are also right next to the greenery of Queen's Park so you've got the best of both worlds. You are also walking distance to Crosshill Train too.

Basically, if you organising a wedding or party we would heartily recommend it.

We'll most likely be back for lunch at some point as it's fairly local for us and is great for a Sunday Lunch and a couple of drinks in the large beer garden at the back.

Room Tip: Go for the Club rooms, they are spacious and really well appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason B

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I would normally stay in 'typical budget' hotels when away on business but found this place interesting whilst browsing on line. Upon arrival I was offered a prompt check in and made my way to one of the room in the 'other house'. The room was tastefully decorated and extremely large - I cannot remember the number of the room. The bath was a corner bath and very large and relaxing. The only downside was that the matrass was in desperate need of replacing and was affordable over my two night stay. The bar I found rather uninviting, you have to press a bell for service and the beer selection was low as they're had been a wedding the previous weekend. The food was good and plentiful. Overall I would stay here again and is very convenient for a variety of places to visit. I would have to say however that I would question the 4 star hotel award and believe this has more of a guest house feel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We arrived for a last minute overnight break in Glasgow. The sun was splitting the trees and the hotel is set in lovely park and leafy area of Ggow. We booked two club rooms and was very spacious with high ceilings, lovely tasteful decor and large room and bathroom.
I have stayed here at least three times before and they need to start paying attention to some of the decor before it becomes too late and means an major overhaul. Stains on carpets, grouting in the bath/shower, floor lampshade falling off etc but not majorn concern but could do soon if to retain on 4 star par.
The only gripe would be the front door to the club rooms was very loud and woke us very early which was annoying so please try and fix this for other guests.
Didn't use the bar as headed into central Ggow but did give us a wine bucket of ice upon request.
Reception could be occupied a bit more and even when ringing the bell for attention took some time to come.
A few little service and decor points to address but overall a great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evievi123139

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We recently attended a wedding at the hotel and I have to say the overall standard was excellent! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed overnight in the hotel and the room was very spacious and clean. The friendly receptionist was very accomodating when we requested a late check out. The meal at the wedding was fantastic and the buffet style main course was a great idea. I would highly recemmend this hotel as a venue for a wedding or for someone looking for a hotel in Glasgow.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola g

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We had our wedding at No 10 and stayed overnight at the end of June 2013. I cannot speak highly enough of the venue and staff. The Hotel is quirky, the rooms all very spacious and each individually styled. The food was delicious. The events planner, general manager and all the staff could not have been nicer or more attentive. It was all about us and our guests, and many guests have commented to us on how friendly the staff were. If you want a very personal (and professional ) weddding then I would highly recommend No 10).

• Stayed: June 2013