“My 1920's gatsby 30th” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My 1920's gatsby 30th”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

On Nov 8th I had my 30th birthday at No10, I had spent months trying to find the right location for my very special birthday. And upon visiting the hotel for the first time I was so pleased with the level of service offered from the get go, upon arrival on a Sunday mon
Ring the staff I encountered were all so friendly. Nicola was my function coordinator and I was pleased with all that she had to offer me and anything I wanted seemed to be of no problem.

After booking Nicola continued to contact me to update me and just find out if I needed anything else before the day.
On the date of the party we were able to get in early to set up the room and the room looked amazing before we even started decorating, with all the table and chair displays and chair bows etc.
Again the staff were so friendly and helpful and the manager William seemed to be on the ball and nothing was too much trouble.
Upon arrival we had a champagne reception and the set up of glasses and the cake etc was beautiful layer out for the arrival of guests,

I had booked the resident D.J Chris who was the most professional D.J I have ever worked with, he contacted me the week previous just to confirm booking and music arrangement and was so obliging.

We had under seated for the amount of guest and the staff all made a huge effort to arrange for some extra seats to be brought promptly.
I chose to go for there buffet of filled rolls, sausage, potato scone and bacon. And all of which were devoured.

The manager William and Nicola were all around for the majority of the evening to make sure everything was running smoothly and there if anything was needed.

As cheesy as this may be, I truly had the best night ever and was only added to by the staff at no10.

I could not rate this venue any more highly for there functions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Number10Management, Guest Relations Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
WOW! What great feedback. Thank you.

First of all I hope you enjoyed your 1920s Gatsby Party. I am so glad that you found Number 10 to be your perfect venue. I know you put a lot of work into your event and I can say the set up looked amazing.

Number 10 thrives on ensuring you have had “The Best Night Ever “as you said. All aspects of the hotel work together to make sure we are on the ball. Our events team are also making sure all your request’s are catered for.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Number 10, positive or negative feedback is very important.

I hope there will be many more “Best Nights” to come.

Lilly Carroll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Brechin, ANGUS Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our stay at this hotel was marred by the fact that the bath in room 37 was grimy and there was a substantial amount of hair in the plug hole. When you are paying three figures for a hotel you expect everything to be perfect. That was very off putting as was the fact that the breakfast was served in chafing dishes. Why can't breakfast be cooked fresh to order?

Location for our event at the Glasshouse was perfect and the staff were pleasant enough.

The room was steaming with condensation and the window in the bathroom was in need of replacement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked my hotel through their own website, and received confirmation of my booking. When I arrived, they had no record of my booking and could not accommodate me. I was told that the website was not theirs at all, that it was organised by a booking company they employed, and that the mistake had been made by this company. I was told further that I should have arranged the booking by ‘phoning the hotel.
The receptionist was kind enough to find me a room in another hotel, but seemed shocked that I considered the hotel to be at fault. They grudgingly contributed to my taxi fare to the other hotel. The manager would not speak to me.
I can only suggest you take the advice offered to me after the fact, and do not book this hotel without speaking to them personally: by their own account, their online agents are not at all reliable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sean M
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

After getting married abroad we had our Glasgow reception at the no.10 early October. Great space for a party and everyone commented on buffet food. All the staff were brilliant and the dj they can supply you with is also very good everyone had a lovely night. Also very reasonable bar prices for a hotel.

As for the actual hotel we stayed in the honeymoon suite which was lovely. Massive bedroom and bathroom. Very tradition Glaswegian building and something a bit different from your run of the mill chain hotel that are everywhere. Few of our friends were staying also and all of their rooms were very good size too. We missed breakfast due to overdoing it the night before but everyone who made it all said it was brilliant. Overall would recommend hotel to someone visiting Glasgow looking to be close to town without being right in middle of it and wanting a more traditional and personal view of the city

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GJC67
Number10Management, General Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Taking time to review your Wedding Reception experience is great appreciated at Number 10.

Staff and Management continually work hard to make all of our guests experience a pleasant one.

William Sloan
GM
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here on the 4-5 of October had a lovely time at the hotel. Staff were very friendly room was clean breakfast was great. Short taxi ride in to city centre what more could you want. I will be staying here next time I come back to Glasgow.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and found the hotel to be close proximity to Glasgow and all it has to offer.

I hope you will return in the New Year.

William Sloan
GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We popped into Number 10 by chance as we had some time to spare before a Scotland football match at Hampden Park. This proved to be a good choice. Bar restaurant was very clean, with decent choice of quality pub grub on the menu. Service also friendly, if a little on the slow side. Overall, very good and we would certainly go back when next in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank East_Lothian_Scot
Skelmersdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Yet another September weekend at Number 10 Hotel, and just like all the previous ones a good time was had by all. I use this hotel both for business and pleasure. The September weekend was pleasure 20 golfers on our annual Friends Across The Border match with the Malletsheugh Golf Club. The Hotel as always was well presented and the attention given by William (The General Manager) Nicola and the rest of the staff was excellent. The food is excellent and great value for money. You are 5 Minutes walk from the nearest rail Station and just a 10 Minute ride from Glasgow City Centre and only £1.95 return. Two of us stayed for 2 extra days and took the train into Glasgow twice. The rooms are large to huge especially in the annex and well appointed. We will be back twice next year in May and possibly August for more golf and I will be back on my next business trip later this year.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the main building and the annex, on most occasions in the Annex and have been...