“Tarves trip”

Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Tarves trip”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel last week Feb 2014, firstly the staff get a mention, very friendly and helpful, in a genuine down to earth manner, which created a cosy and homely atmosphere. Without a doubt the best hotel staff we have ever had. Rooms were spacious and very clean, the hotel location is great, only a short and inexpensive taxi journey from central town. The hotel looks out onto Queens park giving it a "country in the town feel". dedicated hotel parking is a little restricted but no real issue as surrounding streets are wide and open. If your planning a trip to the the great and under estimated city of Glasgow I strongly recommend this Hotel. Thanks to all at number 10. (the hotel that is..). Tarves trippers

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool. so ratings do not apply but should not affect overall rating. if travell...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nemas1
Number10Management, Marketing at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at Number 10. All staff work hard to make sure all gets are getting the perfect service and atmosphere. I am so glad you found the Hotel's loctaion good and enjoyed the rest of our features.

Once again I would like to say thank you for your amazing review, I hope you will return in the future.

Number 10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
glasgow
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Being somewhat tradionalist I enjoy good quality fish with hand cut chunky chips. Sadly with the demise in standard of the well known city centre fish restaurants I had until recently been travelling to Ayrshire for my favoured dish. Thankfully I decided to try this delightful hidden gem,
The restaurant is part of a lovely boutique hotel in the Southside of Glasgow a five minute stroll from Hampden stadium. My meal can only be described as the best I've ever tasted, a large slice of thick succulent haddock, with thin but crisp batter, a tower of thick hand cut chunky chips, and a pot of homestyle peas. With convenient free parking, polite and professional staff im already eagerly anticipating my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

WOW, what great feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and what an amazing compliment.

We have recently created a brand new menu, with lots more choice and brand new dishes. All of your comments will be passed on toour Chef and waiting staff.

I hope you will return soon,

Thanks again for taking the time to review Number 10 Hotel

Glasgow
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Our friends had booked this venue for their sons 21st birthday party. On our arrival when we walked into the function hall, we were very impressed with the lighting and the ambience of the
hotel. The food was excellent and lots of it. We decided to book an overnight stay rather than have to book a taxi home, I must say that this was a good decision as the room was fantastic
with it's original features but with modern décor and a very spacious modern bathroom. The breakfast choice was excellent. William [General Manager] and his staff could not do enough for us and made us very welcome. We highly recommend number 10 hotel for either any type of function or accommodation you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Number10Management, Marketing at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest
I would like to say a big thank you for taking the time to review number 10. I am so glad you enjoyed the party and the accommodation. I am happy you found the service staff great and there was plenty of food to go round the party.
I hope you return again.

Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked this last minute so were not expecting excellence. The cost was very resonable, the reception staff very pleasant and helpful and in the morning the breakfast staff efficient. I have to thank the ( more elderly lady whose name i forget) who was looking after us in the morning. She was so entertaining. Possibly not who you would expect but I could not criticise her effort and care for us. The whole thing was only slightly let down by the room which had been converted from a double to a family. Lights had been removed so there was no bedside light and the fan did not work in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable but because there was an event in the conference room below it was a bit noisy but it all ended at midnight so no great problem. However if you are wanting to avoid the noise do not get room 15. Also in the morning the music came on for breakfast at 7.30, which woke me. No need for loud music at breakfast. Overall the hotel was good, the staff helpful, the location good and good value for money. I am only nit picking to help the hotel as the cost was great for what we got and they did tell us about the event when we arrived.

Room Tip: Don't get room 15 unless you want a family room or a bargain and are happy to live with the pote...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback with is greatly appreciated. I would first of all like to thank you for your kind comments. I am glad there was point you enjoyed regarding your stay. I would like to apologise for some of the points that were not so good. Some of the issues you have raised we are currently looking into.
I hope the good outweighed the bad and you will return to Number 10 in the future.
Number 10 Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I have been to many events in the hotel including Christmas party nights and family events which have always been brilliant. My mum and I went for lunch yesterday and were advised that a new menu was now being used. The choice of food and prices were excellent and can honestly say its the best meal I've eaten out in a long time. The service was also great as usual.

Can't wait to go back now!! Oh and I highly recommend the cajun chicken rigatoni. Delicious :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Wow thank you for your great feedback. We have all worked hard on this new menu and receiving such a great review really makes all the hard work worthwhile. We hope to see you soon to try something different off the Menu.
Thanks again,

Methil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this hotel at last minute as our plans changed and we decided to stay overnight. My husband and I usually stay at the other side of town but leaving it to the last minute found most hotels were full. The area around the hotel isn't too great, looks a bit run down but the road the hotel sits on is actually really nice. We arrived at 2pm (check in 3pm) and our room was ready. Nice (small) small reception with pleasant receptionist. We were initially put in room 27 which is on the top floor of the main hotel building which was really nicely decorated and cosy however the noise coming from the radiator in the room was very off putting. We asked about it and was told someone would look at it but on our return to the hotel later at night noticed it was still the same. My husband telephoned reception and we were immediately moved to another room. Our new room was in the building next door to the hotel which like the main building was really nicely decorated. We got out in a room on the ground floor which was designed for the disabled so the bed was very low and there was a wet room rather than a shower cubicle which I'm not very keen on. My only complaint about this hotel is with the room we got moved to. There had obviously been some decorating going on as the room smelt very strongly of paint, the carpet in this particular room could do with getting replaced as very marked in places, maybe a more thorough clean as when we pulled out one of the bedside cabinets to access the plug we came across an empty biscuit packet and a pair of used ear plugs (yuk) and finally the floor of the bathroom was so dirty that after showering you could see where the water had been. Really not expected from a 3/4* hotel. Overall the hotel was really nice, fresh linen, lovely decor and friendly helpful staff however I think more attention needs to paid to the cleanliness from skirting level down.

Room Tip: Some rooms are directly above the function hall so maybe a good idea to ask for a high room or one i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlanMc74
Dear Guest

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Number 10. I would like to apologise for your experience. Unfortunately we have been having a lot of trouble with the heating system on the top floor, which is now fixed. We try to accommodate guest by making sure they have a comfortable experience but that was not the case here.
This is something the hotel takes very seriously and is looking into. Again I would like to apologise and hope you will return to Number 10 in the Future to be shown a much better experience. If you de decide you would like to stay please contact me directly on info@10hotel.co.uk

Durham City
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Taking a pair of thick woolly socks would be my advise to you when staying here. Not for your feet - although that would have been useful too, but for blocking up the 2cm gap in the windows. The room was OK, basic but OK, the bathroom was clean, but again basic. The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good. Therefore, my only gripe was the freezing tempreture in the room. We had to block the gap in the window with socks, even then the the curtains were billowing out into the room. In addition to blocking the gap with socks we had to block the curtains back using a couple of chairs. It was quite an expensive hotel to have to put up with this. Just not good enough. Sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for one without fresh air!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deleggi
Number10Management, Marketing Department at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I would like to apologise on behalf of Number 10 that you did not enjoy your stay. As Number 10 is set in a older building our windows are something that we are currently working on. You are right it is not good enough that you had to place your socks at the window to keep the draft out again I would like to apologise.

I hope you will let Number 10 show you a different experience if you would like to email me directly at info@10hotel.co.uk.

Number 10 Hotel.