“Shambles”

Number 10 Hotel
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Where do I start…

So we arrive at the ‘4* boutique hotel’ and were check in by a rude man on reception. We were given the key to room 15. NEVER EVER accept this key…

Go behind reception, and up a lovely staircase, to the bedrooms. Open the door of number 15, and it felt like we had walked into a youth hostel from a horror film….

We had booked a double room….but were thrown into what looked like a big cupboard…which held the spare furniture?....

The cream carpets, were a grim shade of brown… there were electrics hanging out of the wall above the beds.

I had to ask reception for an iron board – which the ‘lovely’ man on reception delivered to our door. Lets just say – this was more of an iron for a borrower! he explained at this point, that there was a wedding booked, and that was the only room they could put us in. Surely there should be something in place, when a hotel is fully booked - it is fully booked - and no one should be able to PAY and book for something that the hotel can't accomodate?

At this point we decided we were going to find another hotel to stay in.

I went down to speak to the manager – he arrived at the front of reception, with a suit that looked like it had been crumpled up in a bag for days. He insisted we stayed at the hotel and he gave us complimentary breakfast in the morning… He was very ubrupt and not interested in the slightest... He then ran off after the bride… he clearly had no interest in sorting our situation…. I understand the wedding party had obviously spent a lot of money in the hotel – so he had to accommodate them… but we were also paying customers…and the place isn’t travel lodge prices!

It was getting late in the day, and our concert was starting soon, so we decided to just make do.

Came back from concert about midnight. A lady on reception caught my boyfriend on the stairs, and offered us a room in the town house next door…. Someone hadn’t turned up (lucky them). By this point, all we wanted was bed and sleep and not to be moving everything across to another building. I must add, this lady was very pleasant… which was a lovely change to the attitude of the other staff)

We were staying above the ballroom, in make shift ‘z-beds’ – metal framed and extremely uncomfortable. The disco music went on until the early hours – then the after party in the garden went on until a ridiculous time. Needless to say – we got no sleep!!

We didn’t take the complimentary breakfast – we checked out as soon as we could and run for the hills.

Absolute shambles of a weekend.

We are a younger couple – and we can make do in some cases…. But I would have been appalled if I known my parents, or any elderly people had chosen this hotel for a ‘quiet’ weekend and were treated like that. Very disappointed 

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lanna123
Number10Management, General Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Although very disappointed to read about your experience at No 10, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I cannot apologise enough for the issues you encountered and for the failings in our customer service which you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and our service, and clearly did not deliver on this occasion. We are investing heavily in the refurbishment and upgrading of both the public areas and bedrooms in the hotel and Room 15 is one of our priorities.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay and, if you are amenable to this, I would be very grateful if you could email your contact information to william@10hotel.co.uk. My apologies again for the failings during your visit and I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for Number 10 Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had the priveledge of staying at Number 10 whilst attending my brothers 50th birthday party . I now live in Australia & have spent the last 25 years travelling the world staying in too many hotels to remember . However I will remember Number 10 , William Sloan & his team made the whole event a lasting memory.
I will undoubtedly stay at Number 10 again if nothing else but to re taste the fantastic food & enjoy the hospitality

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob B

Dear Rob

Thanks for taking the time to review Number 10 and for such great feedback. I’m delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us as well as our food and hospitality. I do hope you will have an opportunity of staying with us again in the future.

Best Wishes,
Number 10

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé book the honeymoon suite back in April for out upcoming wedding in October. We were told by the owner when we want to view the suite that it would be £120 for the overnight stay. I received a call today from the receptionist to say that a wedding party had been booked into the hotel on the day of our stay and that the bride and groom from that wedding were getting given the honeymoon suite that we booked and that we were getting put into an executive room. After phoning back to complain to a manager apparently this is how they run their hotel, if someone else is prepared to spend more money then they don't honour your booking, I find this a terrible way to run any business and would not recommend this hotel to anyone, after all if was my wedding night aswell

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Natalie C

Although very disappointed to read about your experience at No 10, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. I cannot apologise enough for the disappointment caused by the double booking of our Honeymoon suite on your wedding night.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay and, if you are amenable to this, I would be very grateful if you could email your contact information to william@10hotel.co.uk. My apologies again for our failings and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

we stayed it this hotel when my daughter was getting married at the burgh halls, a venue not too far from the hotel. We arrived early on a friday, 11am, given a room no problem. That set the tone for the rest of the stay. The staff were a pleasure, from the French? guy on the reception ( who bore a passing resemblance to basil fawlty ) who carried out a multitude of duties. The girls on breakfast shift who did their job with efficent good natured humor. The food was really nice ,hot and fresh. The rooms were really good clean and modern. The only thing I will say is if you get a room on the top floor ask for oxygen half way up.

Room Tip: try the lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jim
Thanks for taking the time to review Number 10 and for all your great comments. We work very hard to meet and exceed our guest expectations both in terms of facilities and service. I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Number 10 in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff at number 10 were outstandingly friendly and helpful during our stay. They went out of their way to check we had everything we needed. Also a great new bar. One or two bits and pieces in the room could do with a bit of maintenance (shower drainage a bit slow but otherwise OK, window didn't close easily). But the overall sense was of being very well looked after at all times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Clare

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Number 10. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the hotel and our team met your expectations. I appreciate your feedback on the shower and the windows and would like to reassure you that we are currently undertaking a significant programme of refurbishment and upgrading and these areas are being addressed. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited the restaurant at the Number 10 Hotel on the south side of Glasgow during the month of June with three family members. During our evening there we enjoyed excellent freshly prepared food, with delightful presentation on wooden platters, which was not only a joy to eat but a joy to look at as well ! Lovely service from staff in a relaxing environment and we will be heading back there soon to enjoy more of their friendly hospitality, good food and creative presentation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Number 10. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the hotel and our team met your expectations. We recently unveiled our new restaurant and bar so it’s fantastic to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Was a guest at family celebration on Sun 22nd June 2014.

We had a great day , & the sun was shining & we were able to sit out in the lovely back garden. Have 2 compliment the hotel for a fantastic buffet ,great choice & delicious! Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda C

Dear Linda
Thanks for taking the time to review Number. We are always delighted to receive such positive feedback. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your family celebration and I’m sure the great weather was a bonus. I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Number 10 in the future.